US-Based Sport Squad, Inc. Acquires Global Table Tennis Leader JOOLA Tischtennis GmbH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Rockville, MD — November 27, 2018 - Sport Squad, Inc. announced today that it has signed an agreement to acquire JOOLA Tischtennis GmbH, a leading brand in the table tennis industry. For the past 12 years, Sport Squad, Inc. was the US-based distributor and licensee of JOOLA Tischtennis GmbH for the North American and Brazilian market. The acquisition of JOOLA Tischtennis GmbH fits into Sport Squad’s strategy to expand its footprint in the global table tennis industry.

This acquisition will allow Sport Squad to build on the JOOLA brand’s strong global reputation in the sport of table tennis. Sport Squad is already the leading ambassador of the JOOLA brand and will continue to spread brand awareness through creative marketing, strategic player and tournament sponsorships, and efforts to grow the sport in previously untapped markets.

The JOOLA brand originated in 1953 and quickly emerged as a leader in table tennis under Michael Bachtler’s leadership. JOOLA was the official table sponsor for the 1996 Atlanta, 2000 Sydney, and 2004 Athens games. “This acquisition represents an important strategic opportunity to add to our capacity and geographic presence to grow the sport of table tennis both professionally and recreationally. I am grateful and proud that Mr. Bachtler has entrusted our company to take the JOOLA brand into the future,” said Richard Lee, President of Sport Squad, Inc. of the acquisition.

Bachtler will be staying on for the next 3 years and continue serving as the Managing Director based in Siebeldingen, Germany providing his expertise and experience to help place JOOLA further on the path to long term success. “I have worked with Richard Lee as our distributor for the past 12 years and am excited to have a successor that’s passionate about table tennis and that I can entrust to continue building on my life’s work at JOOLA. Along with our dedicated and experienced team here in Germany, I am excited to have the young, creative, and energetic team at Sport Squad to usher in the next generation of table tennis,” said Bachtler of the merger.

About Sport Squad, Inc.
Established in 2006 and based in Rockville, MD, Sport Squad, Inc. was founded by Richard Lee out of a love for table tennis. Sport Squad eventually expanded to include 4 different brands dedicated to offering interactive and immersive games and gaming equipment. It is the parent company to JOOLA, iPong, Sport Squad, and Hit Mit. To learn more about Sport Squad, Inc., check out sport-squad.com.