Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals 2018?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Liang Jingkun

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Jang Woojin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
In before the last day...

http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=2872#2872
グランドファイナル 異常に止まる台。各選手が困惑

2018/12/15
今大会の公認台である双魚の台。
多くの選手が「止まる」「飛ばない」とコメントし、その性質に困惑している。
ストップミス、サービスミス、そして何と言っても空振りが多い。飛んでこないので、より台の中に入らないといけない。
実際に触ってみると、相当に表面がコーティングされていて、ツルツルしている。ボールが台を蹴る力が半減するイメージだ。
ストップを多用する選手にとって死活問題だろう。
「甘くなっても止まるから助かる」(丹羽)という選手もいるが、ほとんどの選手はミスが多くなっている。
許昕もしきりに台を気にしていて、ナーバスになり敗退した。
グランドファイナルで勝つためには、実力はもちろんだが、この台の性能を熟知して、味方につけることだろう。
Grand Finals - Table that stops abnormally. Players are confused

2018/12/15
The Double Fish table which is the approved table of the tournament.
Many players comment about "stopping" or "not flying", and puzzled by its characteristics.
Push misses, service errors, and tons of whiff. It will not fly, so I have to move into the table.
Actually touching it, the surface is coated considerably and it is slippery. It is an image where the ball bounce is cut by half.
It would be a life-and-death problem for players who relies on pushes.
There are also players named "Niwa" because they will stop even if it gets sweet, but most of the players are getting more mistakes.
Xu Xin was also anxious about the table, becoming a nervous and lost.
In order to win in the Grand Finals, not to mention its ability, it will probably be familiar with the performance of this table.

Director Kurashima wants "to put one at the training center."
oSdkbjK.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
[...]"Ishikawa's face value is worthy of recognition in the women's players in the world table tennis, but the strength can not set off the responsibility of the Japanese table tennis team against the Chinese team's banner. It is also cruel, reality." Some people even suggested that she should look at her sister Fuyuan, "Let's find a good husband in the Chinese and Japanese table tennis."

Yeah ... she's always been a bridesmaid to the Chinese girls - unfortunately. A really nice and good looking one I must say : )
But one thing for her is to fight for the spot in the Olympic team and the other is her retirement ... I mean you really need to have a word with your girl Kasumi - Zeio. Seems, the more you call her to retire, the more she continues to ignore you ... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel and zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I read that HZJ was originally using short pip on BH without much success. Then switch to LP BH to mimic Ai Fukuhara's style as a practice partner clone in CNT. To her surprise the change suits her more and start winning. So yes she play LP like a SP attacker and many top players find it awkward to handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I read that HZJ was originally using short pip on BH without much success. Then switch to LP BH to mimic Ai Fukuhara's style as a practice partner clone in CNT. To her surprise the change suits her more and start winning. So yes she play LP like a SP attacker and many top players find it awkward to handle.

She has changed her equipment. Even the way she plays with it is now different. She has gone back to something closer to SP. She isn't chop blocking as much if at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Ishikawa's getting so much love in Japan...

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-12-15/doc-ihmutuec9545406.shtml

Ishikawa’s interview after the game said: “Is it still important to continue attacking or defending. I am very confused and played too fast. I really want to report the revenge of the Austrian game, or lose, very unwilling.” It was a pity to lose the game.

This game is also the last international event of Ishikawa this season. This year, her match with Chinese players is 4 wins and 12 losses, which can be said to be at a complete disadvantage. In this regard, she still maintains a positive and forward-looking attitude: "If you train hard and continue to upgrade your skills, the results will be improved."

However, the Japanese netizen’s poisonous tongue is fully open: “Although it cannot be said that she is completely declining, it is an indisputable fact that the overall level of young players in Japan is improving. As a Japanese sister, her pressure will only be greater”, “Ishikawa lost There are too many Chinese players, no matter the 50th in the world ranking from the world number one to today, to be honest, her technical improvement space is not big enough," although I also want to see her fight the Tokyo Olympics. In appearance, but the current momentum of the rise of Japan’s new generation of players is too strong, Ishikawa is considering retiring.” “Ishikawa’s role in the rise of Japanese women’s table tennis is worthy of recognition, but her skills and style of play have been used by the Chinese team for so many years. Thoroughly understand, it is difficult to have too much improvement in the future, it is better to retire." "Ishikawa's face value is worthy of recognition in the women's players in the world table tennis, but the strength can not set off the responsibility of the Japanese table tennis team against the Chinese team's banner. It is also cruel, reality." Some people even suggested that she should look at her sister Fuyuan, "Let's find a good husband in the Chinese and Japanese table tennis."

Oh wow. This is kind of sad and very utilitarian although I'm a little surprised. I will agree that Ito's threat to the CNT is the highest among the current Japanese team while Miu has had her share of glory in 2017 but Kasumi is easily the most stable female Japanese player albeit she has never penetrated the highest echelons of the CNT except for a few occasions. She may not be number 1 but surely among the top 3 and thus not time for retirement since there is the team event. Also not sure why netizens are so confident of the new generation of Japanese women for the recently concluded Asian Games (e.g. Ando Minami, Kato Miyu) and World Junior Championships (e.g. Nagasaki Miyu, Kihara Miyu, Odo Satsuki, Soma Yumeno) suggest that they are nowhere near a force to be reckoned with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
@Janard until proof of the contrary Ishikawa stands no chance against the CNT. It is better to give younger players their chance. I'm thinking more about Hayata, Shibata or even Hashimoto which seem rather promising still, and with some room to improve.

In a team event, I think Ishikawa should play all teams except China, or - if she plays China, at least put her #3 so she plays just one game at most

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
@Janard until proof of the contrary Ishikawa stands no chance against the CNT. It is better to give younger players their chance. I'm thinking more about Hayata, Shibata or even Hashimoto which seem rather promising still, and with some room to improve.

In a team event, I think Ishikawa should play all teams except China, or - if she plays China, at least put her #3 so she plays just one game at most

Ah. I think Hina Hayata will likely replace Ishikawa some time (or Miu if she doesn't pick up soon). Unfortunately for Ishikawa, Hayata is a left-hander too and has proven to be relatively successful in the Doubles event although her Singles results leave much to be desired. Shibata is well, quite erratic. Hashimoto is surely on the rise (impressive on various occasions in fact) but I think defenders in generally are just not benefiting much from the switch to the bigger plastic balls (reduced spin game but of course lowered speed may be advantageous). But definitely agree that newer, younger players add a wild card element to the mix. 2019 should be interesting since it's near the 2020 Olympics.

Jan 2018
Last day of competition and the audio is still out of sync...

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
HZJ a Fukuhara clone, really ? HZJ is only 20, Fukuhara retired after Rio in 2016

That is true. And the previous copy of Ito Mima was Zhang Rui. For your interest, here is a list of main opponents' copies released from wttc 2017. Hope you can read simplified Kanji.

e192ec0011ff7a1865ad758cab6c1891.jpg

BTW, to some previous comments, this system is not as evil as what you think. One becomes a copy of others only in a specific period of time, e.g. Olympic and world championships. One does not have to be the copy of others forever, only if he or she plays well in the following world tours to prove themselves. After Asian championship last year, Hirano Miu had 4 copies, and 3 of them, WMY, CXT, and SYS, had made great improvement last year.

Jan 2018
I want my empty stadium back!

ZOtkQoUh.png

S2Y1PLIh.png

KDQHRAWh.png

Reactions: ping fun
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+3] He Zhuojia, Feint pimples, she is some LYCANTHROPE.. Some stinging thing. I love to see her playing, indeed.[/size]

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Ah. I think Hina Hayata will likely replace Ishikawa some time (or Miu if she doesn't pick up soon). Unfortunately for Ishikawa, Hayata is a left-hander too and has proven to be relatively successful in the Doubles event although her Singles results leave much to be desired. Shibata is well, quite erratic. Hashimoto is surely on the rise (impressive on various occasions in fact) but I think defenders in generally are just not benefiting much from the switch to the bigger plastic balls (reduced spin game but of course lowered speed may be advantageous). But definitely agree that newer, younger players add a wild card element to the mix. 2019 should be interesting since it's near the 2020 Olympics.

Hina Hayata is having a difficult time ....She did not have time to enter the Top 10 by the beginning of 2018, unfortunately ...And now a very noticeable drop in the rating ....(drop in ranking, not game level ...)
In the ranking for January 2019, it will be, perhaps, in the fourth ten ...And reserve points are small ...
And with new rating algorithms, getting good points will be very difficult ...Especially from the qualification ....

Reactions: NextLevel
Jan 2018
http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=2870#2870
陸の孤島、南洞体育館

会場の南洞区体育館は発展した歓楽街からやや離れた郊外に位置する。開かれた広い高原にぽつんと建てられた印象だ。
韓国の人でも不便という話で、お店は歩いて15分ほど行けば定食屋があるそうだが、−6度の中を歩いて行く勇気はない。

会場には紅双喜、ニッタク、XIOMなどのブースも出され、日本ではあまり買えない用具やグッズをゲットできる。大きな大会ならではのお楽しみだ。

編集部・ゆうの今日の昼ごはんは売店で売っているカップラーメンだ。
異様に辛いが、暖を取るという意味ではありがたい。
今日のラストの試合は21時半。ホテルに戻るのが23時になりそうなコースだが、明日はやや遅いスタートなので、残りの試合を頑張ろう。

Igfubo0.jpg
n6p7IMe.jpg

lr8jOqN.jpg
KQWgfnS.jpg

esAlzNk.jpg
CmW9c7k.jpg
Isolated island on land, Namdong Gymnasium

The Namdong-gu gymnasium of the venue is located in the suburbs slightly away from the developed red-light district. It was an impression that was built in a wide open wide plateau.The story that Korean people are inconvenient, it seems there is a set meal shop if the shop walks for about 15 minutes, but there is no courage to walk in -6 degrees.

Booths such as Double Happiness, Nittaku, XIOM are also present at the venue, and it is possible to get equipment and goods that cannot be purchased very much in Japan. I am looking forward to the unique convention.

Editor's notes · Yu's lunch for today is a cup noodle selling at a shop.It is oddly spicy, but I am grateful in the sense that it takes the warm.Today's last game is at 21:30. It will be back to the hotel at 23 o'clock, but tomorrow it will be a bit late start, so I will try on the rest of the game.