Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals 2018?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Liang Jingkun

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Jang Woojin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
ML or FZD. Would be a great final. I don't think anyone else bar XX has much of a chance. LJK, LGY etc could...but not likely imo.

Judging from LJK's recent performance in Chinese Super League and World Tour, he would be a tough opponent for anyone, including ML, FZD, and XX. His skill has progressed to such a level that there's no obvious weakness to be exploited. I'm surprised that LJK didn't get more votes.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
European = endangered species. No wonder the ITTF believes changing the structure is the way forward, after all these rule changes do all these years are weaken the competitions outside China, not even Asia.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
22223.jpg

22221.jpg

see the votes,honey?

This user has no status.
European = endangered species. No wonder the ITTF believes changing the structure is the way forward, after all these rule changes do all these years are weaken the competitions outside China, not even Asia.

Yep it's worrying. And no sign of new Timo or Dima's on the horizon. Maybe Truls but that's it and he's still a long way from a sure thing.

Jan 2018
ITTF punishment for boycott, help boost ticket sales for 2018.

Austrian Open
Boosting ticket sales, check.
Withdraw.

Swedish Open
Withdraw.

Grand Finals
Withdraw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes that really took some of the wind out of this tournament for me. There is certainly gonna be amazing tt played anyway but the prestige by having all the best players makes it something special. And Ma Long is by far my favorite player so it sucks :)

Well that sucks, was hoping to see them all battle it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
ML played Chinese Superleague less than two weeks ago and seemed to be in good form (has beaten LGY, FB...)
So it is a new injure then? Anyone knows more details about it?
I don't want to make it sound like a conspiracy theory, but it really is strange

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe he came back too soon from injury and got re-injured. He's aiming for Tokyo 2020 and becoming the only player in history with double olympic gold medal in singles.

But he plays chinese superleague. I suspect he will withdraw on Wttc 2019 and then announces retirement

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
ML has had knee injuries for some time now. Playing in the super league didn’t help the recovery for sure, nor does the cold weather. Feel sorry for the guy and his fans. Harimoto now becomes the no. 4 seed and will not meet FZD, XX, or LJK till the semi.
369B95CF-BB27-4D61-B16F-CCE0FF814B47.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
normally some years CNT doesn't care too much about GF, and some years like 2018, they have a whopping 6 male and 8 female qualifying. Is this a record?
obviously with ML's injury, he has withdrawn again, making it 5+8 still

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I would think so. This has every thing to do with the new ranking scheme.
The Chinese central TV will broadcast every game for the grand final this time, which is rare. Maybe LGL is starting to have some effect?

Reactions: FunnyBunny