Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals 2018?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Liang Jingkun

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Jang Woojin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Sad for Ma Long. Normally this signals the end of a TT player's career in CNT. But I hope LGL and others take cue from TB and Vladi that age is not a big factor in TT. Proper rehabilitation from injury can prolong ML's career for all his fans. I hope ML stays strong and comes back strong.

Ohh and lets just hope ML's injury is not another CNT drama.

This user has no status.
I know Ma Long is great and all, but no one can recover from a knee injury in two weeks, especially one that has forced him to withdraw twice already. Even if he is back, I doubt he could perform at the highest level. I don't understand why so many people still vote for him to win.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
He isn't "back", he already withdrew from the Grand finals. This has already been mentioned many times the past days.

I know Ma Long is great and all, but no one can recover from a knee injury in two weeks, especially one that has forced him to withdraw twice already. Even if he is back, I doubt he could perform at the highest level. I don't understand why so many people still vote for him to win.

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
He isn't "back", he already withdrew from the Grand finals. This has already been mentioned many times the past days.

Um... yeah, I know. I was just explaining why I wasn't surprised that he withdrew again. But I am really surprised that so many people on the forum still voted for Ma Long to win the grand final, despite knowing about his injury.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
What did he say?
Nothing, I was writting with mobile phone and Polish translator change the Word did to się. Anyway if you watch these two games how easily he distroyed Lee sangsu and Jung yungsik... His powerfull BH is merciless.
So I think he can be a danger to chinese players.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Countries Represented

Men

5 China
4 Japan
3 Korea
2 Germany
1 Brazil
1 Hong Kong

16 Total

Women

8 China
5 Japan
1 Korea
1 Chinese Taipei
1 Singapore

16 Total

Funny how from the start of the year, it was mostly japanese players
then China started to take part like crazy in world tours
then here you get,

if ITTF didn't change the "1st round rule", there is a chance that it will be a all China SF in mens, and all China QF in womens

I personally don't know what is the fuss and purpose of the ITTF WT GF, other than prize money, what are they trying to achieve....?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sad for Ma Long. Normally this signals the end of a TT player's career in CNT. But I hope LGL and others take cue from TB and Vladi that age is not a big factor in TT. Proper rehabilitation from injury can prolong ML's career for all his fans. I hope ML stays strong and comes back strong.

Ohh and lets just hope ML's injury is not another CNT drama.

CNT has changed a lot since the new ball and and then again since the new ball injuring players more easily.
they have changed a lot of technique so it won't harm the body as much as the smaller balls previously.

I don't think this is the end of Ma Long, but certainly his high peak is possibly reached already, now the question is how long can he hold it until more than 1 player catches up and eventually replace him.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

He was playing in the Superleague at a good level recently hence the disappointment. You seem to have missed this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
2663A7BE-759D-447C-8620-D640AC26CC63.jpg

Captain Ma really worked hard to get back on form for the grand final. Unfortunately we all know knee injury is not the easiest one to recover from. He has to withdraw for the sake of Tokyo 2020.

I’m hoping for an epic FZD-HT final.