Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals 2018?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Liang Jingkun

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Jang Woojin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Can't believe this has not been fixed after the afternoon session. The audio is out of sync, behind by roughly 250ms. Fix it if you're reading this, ITTF!

Reactions: Atas Newton
Jan 2018
Ishikawa, Hayata and Ito are serving into the net left and right. What's going on?

Higher air density due to lower temp? Something to do with table 1?

Woohoo...!!!
Pev8v3Ph.png

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Hirano out, too. Only CNT maid Ishikawa left!

Jan 2018
Service error @ 5:9 in the final game. Just retire, Ishikawa!

FVI9SFZh.png

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-12-13/doc-ihmutuec8859243.shtml
  对于签表,石川是以平常心对待:“总决赛(不论)对谁水平都很高,所以我觉得跟谁打都差不多吧。”随着比赛的展开,双方贡献了一场精彩的攻防较量,失利之后的她也坦然面对:“他们在今年韩国公开赛拿了冠军,水平很高,配得也很好,所以我们昨天准备得比较充分。可能关键的时候,对方比我们打得果断一点吧。”
  确实像石川说的那样,第四局日本组合已经以10-6拿到局点,却被韩朝联队连追三分,尽管那一局最后是日本组合以11-9取胜,但对方不放弃的顽强精神让人印象深刻;到了决胜局,朝韩联队更是以8-5拉开差距,5-9落后时石川显得格外紧张,发球失误直接送对方来到赛点。她很是懊悔:“对,发球自己丢了一个,发球擦网两个,压力有点大。”
  是因为头顶世锦赛混双冠军的压力吗?“这个没有,因为他们个人水平很高,所以我们很想拼,只有拼对方才能赢对方,没觉得(因为这个)压力有点大。”准确来说是对方的神勇表现,让她手感发紧。面对强敌,石川佳纯坦言:“没有想到,他们平时也没有练混双嘛,但是每次都拿到好成绩觉得他们很厉害。”
……
  今晚,石川佳纯还将与队友平野美宇争夺女单八强席位。“现在先把上午的输球忘掉,晚上就好好准备比赛,希望能够发挥自己最好的状态。”石川憧憬道。
Regarding the bracket, Ishikawa treated it with a normal heart: "The finals (regardless of) is very high, so I think it is almost the same as anyone." As the game unfolded, the two sides contributed a wonderful offensive and defensive contest. After the defeat, she also calmly faced: "They won the championship in the Korean Open this year, the level is very high, and the allocation is also very good, so we prepared more well yesterday. Maybe it is critical, the other side is more decisive than us. Just a little."

Indeed, as Ishikawa said, the Japanese innings in the fourth game had already won the game with 10-6, but they were chased by the Korean team. Although the game ended with the Japanese team winning 11-9, the other party did not give up. The tenacious spirit is impressive; to the deciding game, the Korean-Korean team has opened the gap by 8-5. When the 5-9 is behind, Ishikawa is particularly nervous, and the serve mistakes directly send the other party to the match point. She is very remorseful: "Yes, I lost one of my serve, I wiped the net twice, and the pressure is a bit big."

Is it because of the pressure of the top double championship in the World Championships? "This is not because they have a high level of personality, so we really want to fight. Only when we fight each other can we win each other. We don't think that (because of this) the pressure is a bit big." Accurately speaking, the other party's brave performance makes her feel tight. In the face of a strong enemy, Ishikawa Kazuo said frankly: "I didn't think that they didn't practice mixing together, but every time they got good results, they felt that they were very good."

Tonight, Ishikawa will also compete with teammate Hirano Mio for the women's singles quarter-finals. "Now I will forget the loss of the morning and prepare for the game at night, hoping to play my best." Ishikawa said.

Jan 2018
The stadium looks really cold. No heating?

1st CNT casualty.

NX5wUJah.png

The 3rd game was close. After dropping the 2nd game, Chen Bin told Liu/Zhang to push to BH of Hayata/Ito. When that didn't work, they immediately switched tactics to open the point up ASAP. This is where you see Hayata/Ito have improved. The pair knew what's going on roughly 2 points later and reacted accordingly to keep their lead.
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-12-13/doc-ihmutuec8893864.shtml
  以6-11、9-11、9-11结束了总决赛之旅的张瑞,留着一头利落短发,性格上也快言快语。总结这场比赛时,她难掩失望之情:“感觉这场球还没打明白就下来了,可能我俩进入状态不够快吧,第一场球对场馆的适应,我调解得不是很好,稀里糊涂的。”
……
  “陈导是涵养很高的教练,在(做)人的方面可以指引我,给我很大的提高和改变。单打的话,我的优势在于快、凶,打球灵感比较多;双打今天没有打得那么明白,灵感没有那么多。(输球的)客观原因有,但更多的是自己的主观原因。能力、球……确实没有那么丰富,太单一了。”小姑娘认真进行反思。
  此役过后,估计又有不少自媒体要夸赞伊藤美诚这位18岁日本女将的神勇。好在张瑞并不会因此妄自菲薄,“她没那么可怕,这场球没发挥出来我俩的真实水平,我感觉只有百分之三十、四十。我跟伊藤单打也打过;我们在奥地利公开赛(半决赛)输给她们了,1-3,很可惜,但是那场比今天这场打得好点儿。”
Zhang Rui, who ended the finals tour with 6-111, 9-11, and 9-11, kept a short, short hair, and her character was quick and quick. When summing up this game, she couldn't hide her disappointment: "I feel that the ball hasn't figured out and it's down. Maybe we can't enter the state fast enough. The first game of the game is adapted to the venue. I don't mediate very well. It’s confusing.”
"Chen is a highly-trained coach. He can guide me on aspects of life. It gives me a lot of improvement and change. In singles, my advantage is that it is fast, fierce, and more inspiration for playing. Doubles are not played today. I have to understand that there are not so many inspirations. The objective reasons for losing (the loss) are, but more of them are subjective reasons. The ability, the ball... is not so rich, too single." The little girl seriously reflected.
After the campaign, it is estimated that there are many self-medias who would like to praise the 18-year-old Japanese woman of Ito Meicheng. Fortunately, Zhang Rui will not be so arrogant, "She is not so terrible, this ball did not play out the true level of our two, I feel only 30%, forty. I also played with Ito singles; we are The Austrian Open (semi-final) lost to them, 1-3, which is a pity, but that game is better than today."

Jan 2018
Ishikawa, Hayata and Ito are serving into the net left and right. What's going on?

Higher air density due to lower temp? Something to do with table 1?

Woohoo...!!!
Pev8v3Ph.png
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-12-13/doc-ihqackac3057072.shtml
  赛后,伊藤美诚坦言:“对手进步非常快,自己还有很多不足的地方,一些机会球没有把握住,非常不甘心。”至于还有哪些需要提高的地方?擦干了眼泪的她,这次回答得格外谦虚:“所有的地方都需要,包括心理和技术。现在最想做的是回到之前自己状态非常好的时候。”
  还有记者好奇她对于混双与女双的期待。伊藤再次低调作答:“不做过多的展望,打好每一场比赛,尽力做到最好。”
After the game, Mima Ito said frankly: "The opponents are progressing very fast, and I still have a lot of deficiencies. Some chances are not grasped by the ball, and they are very reluctant." As for what else needs to be improved? She wiped her tears, and this time she was very modest: "All places need it, including psychology and technology. What I want to do most now is to go back to my very good state."

Some reporters are curious about her expectations for mixed doubles and women's doubles. Ito once again made a low-key answer: "Do not make too many prospects, play every game, try your best."

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
Jan 2018
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-12-13/doc-ihmutuec8971268.shtml
  “能说下你战胜伊藤美诚的秘诀吗?”“秘密!”接受外国记者采访时,笑容灿烂的郑怡静用英文调皮作答。
……
  “赛前主要还是着重在技战术上面,教练布置的一些技战术打得还蛮成功的。主要是前面的瑞典公开赛她一下子赢了三个中国的的顶尖选手,自己在心态上面会轻松一点吧,压力会比较小。其实我在场上是蛮享受比赛的。”赛后,郑怡静谦虚点评起本场胜利。
……
  尽管大比分一度2-3落后对手,郑怡静也没有放弃:“这个球还蛮打的,主要想的还是先上台吧。先上台为主,然后才有机会得分,所以自己一直保持着持续进攻的模式。”
  真是因为上个月伊藤美诚在瑞典公开赛上,接连逆转冯天薇、刘诗雯和丁宁,并在决赛直落四局战胜朱雨玲夺冠,外界将其形容为不可战胜的。听到这样的说法,郑怡静并不认可:“那我不是战胜她了吗?所以我觉得一切都皆有可能吧。当然舆论上,她的战绩也是蛮吓人的,因为都是顶尖的选手嘛,所以今天自己能够赢下来很高兴。”
……
  郑怡静道出了幕后的小故事:“每一场当然都是不好打,每一场都会准备得很充分,但是这一场自己就是困难的准备会多一点。技术录像看了好几遍,这是必须的。我看她的比赛,还有文章,还有采访会更多一些,其他人不会看采访。看一些中文的报道,因为要了解她的想法!
"Can you tell me the secret of defeating Mima Ito?" "Secret!" When interviewed by foreign reporters, Cheng I-Ching, who smiled brightly, answered in English.
"Before the game, the main focus was on technical and tactical. Some skills and tactics arranged by the coach were quite successful. Mainly in the previous Swedish Open, she won three top Chinese players at once, and she will be relaxed in her mind. One point, the pressure will be relatively small. In fact, I am quite enjoying the game on the court." After the game, Cheng I-Ching modestly praised the victory.
Although the big score was 2-3 behind the opponent, Cheng I-Ching did not give up: "This ball is quite a hit, the main thing is to go to the stage first, go to the stage first, and then have the opportunity to score, so I have been maintaining a continuous attack mode. ".
It was really because last month, Mima Ito reversed Feng Tianwei, Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning in the Swedish Open, and defeated Zhu Yuling in the final four rounds. The outside world described it as invincible. Upon hearing this, Cheng I-Ching did not recognize: "Isn't I defeating her? So I think everything is possible. Of course, in public opinion, her record is quite scary, because they are top players, so today I am very happy to be able to win."
Cheng I-Ching said the story behind the scenes: "Every game is of course not good, every game will be fully prepared, but this is a difficult preparation for yourself. It will be a little more technical video. It is I have to watch her game, there are articles, and there will be more interviews. Others will not read the interview. Look at some Chinese reports because I want to know her thoughts!"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
looking for chances for JNT to clinch the women's title:
cache.php

Not that they stand a real chance but SATO and SHIBATA are playing against ZHU and DING tomorrow

though SATO did give a very hard time to ZYL last time (held matchpoint ! and missed a penalty !!!) , but this time will be much harder, ZHU should be much better prepared.

----

Mima was very disappointing against CHENG I-Ching but it looks it was a mental problem today. One could see her body language was not good at all, even when she won the 6th. She was making a lot of unusual mistakes.