Serve practice vs serve in match

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
ttmonster will tell you... he sees me do it.

If I just serve a ball long where I was trying to serve short, I will take my racket hand and start moving fingers and loosely shake it out.

One is simply too tight on grip when one fails to control serve.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Maybe you under estimate your opponent and/or over estimate your serves?
Low, spinning and good quality in training is for show. Lots of time the server won't even fall into ready position after a serve.
An opponent can return the ball back low, spinny and good quality too. Then what?

Practicing serves is a good thing to do, but in my opinion, the serve is to set up your game plan for the 3rd shot, 5th shot.
I'm not sure what you are expecting, are you getting killed with your opponents serve return or are you expecting to win the point from the serve?

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Can't see the ball ... what is the purpose of this video?

This is a super old video.
LGL that time spent few days to work on pressure and one of the pressure sessions was serving onto the white paper
sounds easier - but if you had 5km run in the morning, followed by 6 hours of full intensive CNT training, and with every one breathing on you...... this is a very tough serve to do

I copied that with my training, and lots of my students couldn't serve close to they potential.