2018 World Junior U18 TT Championships

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Speak of the devil. Same thing in final game. Nagasaki trailed and turned the table on Qian Tianyi but then blacked out...

1:3, 5:4, TO by China, 6:4, 6:6, 7:9, 8:9, 8:10, 9:10, 9:11

Same habit for Kihara. Cruised through the 1st 2 games and then blacked out in the next 2, was trailing 3:6 in final game, then sort of "awakened" and barely edged out Huang to keep hope alive.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Tanaka's BH is so fast. Yu Heyi couldn't keep up, but the FH step-around saved game 2.

Tanaka = BH. Yu Heyi = FH. It's a contest to see who forces his own game on the other.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think for a long time, Japanese juniors can state they can challenge the Chinese
but its either that 1 small extra push in junior level and then the carry forward to senior level that they are lacking.
I can't say it is inconsistency, or BMT or what, but they are so close but some times still so far....

This user has no status.
I think for a long time, Japanese juniors can state they can challenge the Chinese
but its either that 1 small extra push in junior level and then the carry forward to senior level that they are lacking.
I can't say it is inconsistency, or BMT or what, but they are so close but some times still so far....

At the very top level, the difference between each player is often minuscule. The best players are often only a tiny bit better than the rest. But at high level, even a tiny bit of improvement requires a large amount of training (diminishing return and all that). That's why it seems so close, yet so far at the same time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
At the very top level, the difference between each player is often minuscule. The best players are often only a tiny bit better than the rest. But at high level, even a tiny bit of improvement requires a large amount of training (diminishing return and all that). That's why it seems so close, yet so far at the same time.

I know what you are trying to say
but don't forget, these top junior are high level already (irrespective on Japan or China).
They are top 20 to top 50 senior level material
But for the Chinese, they can climb into the top 20, while Japanese lots of time struggle to go into top 20 because of that little bit extra needed and its been like this for few years now

China can have 5 to 10 players in WR20
Japan will have 2 to 3
at younger age Japan looks more equal to China

You can't say it is only amount of training that is the reason of this, some of the Japanese train more than the Chinese and for what I have personally witnesses, the Japanese has so much more resource than the Chinese nowadays

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
camera/view angle terrible... almost unwatchable
ittf = this is the way how to repel even the TT fans from watching

Jan 2018
Chinese Taipei has some great talents. Gave Japan a big scare.
Uh-huh.
7PlSrbAh.png

At this rate, Nagazaki will drop off the radar. She's only less than 2 years younger than Ito and the likes. If CNT's experience applies as well for JNT, she will live under their shadows and fade away. Kihara has it a little better given those 2 extra years, but it will still be difficult for her.

iAOhFO3h.png

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Pletea is such a show-off.

YesLCfkh.png

nNIYv5Jh.png

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Yu Heyi's FH can't get past Pletea.

s31QwE9h.png

carcomth.png

Last edited:
Reactions: akoozab and yoass
Jan 2018
This is what Europe needs, a badass FH. You can't beat China with BH alone.

Reactions: NextLevel

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Uda wins against Xu Yingbin! Only 2 chinese in HF.