2018 World Junior U18 TT Championships

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The US had a terrible draw for both men and women. Its quite possible that no other team will take a match off China.

Very sad.

Sad indeed. This is the last edition for Kanak, right? They have a real chance of making podium.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The new ranking system now has separate senior and junior ranking lists, which makes it totally worthless for eligible junior players who are close to the top already to compete in.

South Korea doesn't even bother with the boys.

yep, I said this when the smart guys made this new rule
in fact, your seeded young "senior" players, will be unseeded in juniors if they don't have junior ranking points,,,, lol

Jan 2018
yep, I said this when the smart guys made this new rule
in fact, your seeded young "senior" players, will be unseeded in juniors if they don't have junior ranking points,,,, lol

There's some good in this. Folks complained when two 15-year-old's(looking at Ito in 2015 and Harimoto in 2018) popped up in the top 10. I once commented the new ranking system would make that much harder to happen. Check out Moregard, his personal best was 166 at the end of 2017, after the impressive showing at the WJTTC. Then the new system kicked in and he fell into oblivion at 944 in Jan, then 325 in Feb and it has been a slow and painful climb, at 163 now in Dec. It took him an entire year to get back to where he was, without the help from junior events.

Guess what? It's only going to get even harder next year with the new point table. Enjoy your ride!

Jan 2018
Chinese Taipei has some great talents. Gave Japan a big scare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Chinese Taipei has some great talents. Gave Japan a big scare.

Yep
I've been to a couple of training session with them and know the coaches well
The gold medal of Chuan/Chen also helped put more money into the sport
TPE does have a far more bunch of top juniors nowadays than oppose to the days of Chen and Chuan
and not to mention the top junior isn't playing and already WR50

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
They put him in the 3rd position probably because he lost to that Iranian guy with the long pips on the BH in the previous round.

no
its not the first time where they "rotate" players.
since ending on 5th or 6th means nothing at the end of the day, they are just giving other players a chance at position 1 and 2
i'm sure the same happened last wjc if I recall

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
no
its not the first time where they "rotate" players.
since ending on 5th or 6th means nothing at the end of the day, they are just giving other players a chance at position 1 and 2
i'm sure the same happened last wjc if I recall

The Iranian guy using long pips OX or with sponge, a pushblocker or chopper, who beat Kanak Jha ?

Jan 2018
This new Japanese generation plays better when trailing behind. They have to work on closing it out when having the lead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
There was a time when National Hopes (U12) champion in Japan wouldn't make it to the top level. Uda and Nagasaki both dominated U12 level and progressed to National Academy. Again, both have been under threat from non-Academy players as it so often happens to Academy players. It's good to see they're performing well so far. Keen to see how they'd go against China and in singles.