2018 World Junior U18 TT Championships

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Shi Xunyao misses her chance for three gold medals in three hours in the decider. Had a lot of luck on her side but was also visibly exhausted, Qian Tianyi played better. Shi Xunyao has lost a total of three matches this year (she's won about 80), two of those to Qian Tianyi in Asian Championships final and World Championships final. Bright future for CNT. But they already have Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu. Forget Tokyo 2020, the competition for Paris 2024 is gonna be insane.

you know, I am against WJC scheduling since it changes few years back.
My coach friends who go to these WJC with their students have told me they don't know how these kids cope.

For Shi, if you noticed on the final day, she played 3 in a row at 10, 11, then 12:00
then again 3pm, 4pm, 5pm
and just looking at yesturday's schedule, she played from yesterday noon non stop to the evening........crazy

I personally witness one kid playing about 10 matches in 1 day, he only had breakfast, no proper meal in the day time - only some bites of snacks or fruits, due to him keep winning and more matches to play.

He ended up in the evening very dizzy and narrowly lost to Harimto
Its crazy how these kids go through WJC compared to seniors schedule in WTTC

But I guess most forum members didn't pick this up and some only judge them based on they ethnic routes.

the looser players would have a proper meal
the winners will have no time to eat, but to prepare for the next match
life as a professional athlete is no joke.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
ok, now you just revealed yourself as a troll. You're just pulling words out of your ass and start calling people names for no reason. There wasn't any moment where i said anything that could be considered racist, it's your own problem if you want to keep seeing that as racist. Hope you have a good day sir :)

Reactions: mrk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
So you are just classifying them as Chinese and your conclusion is based on that only 1 fact and no other facts.
okay, that explains who you are
Danny21312 the type of guy to say "oh there's 2 Chinese in the finals, can't be bothered to watch it, so boring". Turns out, Ma Long is about to play the Olympics final against Fan Zhendong. The guy doesn't care about table tennis, only about his own agenda. Just add him to the ignore list like I did, literally offers nothing to the discussion.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
you know, I am against WJC scheduling since it changes few years back.
My coach friends who go to these WJC with their students have told me they don't know how these kids cope.

For Shi, if you noticed on the final day, she played 3 in a row at 10, 11, then 12:00
then again 3pm, 4pm, 5pm
and just looking at yesturday's schedule, she played from yesterday noon non stop to the evening........crazy
yes, it was very unfortunate. Ideally, you wouldn't have to play 3 finals in the same day, let alone semis, but I guess it's deemed too expensive to stretch it out more.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Danny21312 the type of guy to say "oh there's 2 Chinese in the finals, can't be bothered to watch it, so boring". Turns out, Ma Long is about to play the Olympics final against Fan Zhendong. The guy doesn't care about table tennis, only about his own agenda. Just add him to the ignore list like I did, literally offers nothing to the discussion.

yeah, already added to the ignore list
I won't have respect to anyone who can't even respect a kid and give praises when it is due.
The racism part or racial discrimination part is just too stupid.
Every sport, you get some ethnic group that dominates and one need to see behind the skin colour and see the sport itself.

I'm a fan of Qian, but I was routing for Shi to win, as she deserves triple gold WJC, and be the 2nd female player ever in WJC history to achieve it.
I agree with you the race to 2024 will be tougher for all these young ladies

Last edited:

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Mate, I'm literally saying "hey here's this girl who's had a crazy good year and nearly won a treble in ONE DAY". And you're going "(oh no, Chinese again, I better come up with a rebuttal) well here's this girl and like she's nearly won in quarter finals! What an achievement, she's clearly better". Talk about having troubles accepting an opinion. Or reality, for that matter. Miyu Kihara is a very strong player, but she posted a mediocre 62% winrate in 2018. Shi Xunyao at 97%. Can you really tell me that's not impressive?

I'm not saying it isn't impressive, but for me Miyu Kihara looks more impressive for here age if you like it or not. Furthermore your winning rate comparison is nonsensical because Miyu Kihara played lots of senior and U21 competitions this year, Shi Xunyao did not, she only played junior tournaments!

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
Sportsmanship ???????? Any sport does not always be dominated by only one person or country. Chinese has already send a lot coaches and players to help other countries. Like football, non Asia countries are always the top . Ruby is the same. Oriental has no chance at all. If anybody does not like Chinese dominates the table tennis, they should try to find a way to beat the Chinese. Chinese players train hard, coaches work hard. They deserve to win. We should learn the good things from others and improve ourselves, then we will be better than the others.

This user has no status.
Sportsmanship ???????? Any sport does not always be dominated by only one person or country. Chinese has already send a lot coaches and players to help other countries. Like football, non Asia countries are always the top . Ruby is the same. Oriental has no chance at all. If anybody does not like Chinese dominates the table tennis, they should try to find a way to beat the Chinese. Chinese players train hard, coaches work hard. They deserve to win. We should learn the good things from others and improve ourselves, then we will be better than the others.
I'd be surprised if the chinese players themselves aren't tired of winning all the time. When you see their reaction when they win the gold medals in all these tournaments, they don't even seem that happy or surprised. It's like business as usual for them. This is why it's so boring to watch, because when you see a non chinese player win, you can see how happy they are and that's great to see.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
If anybody does not like Chinese dominates the table tennis, they should try to find a way to beat the Chinese.

trump-china-0616.gif

Joking aside, Uda had this to say after losing to Xu Haidong in the final. Xu changed his service from the 2nd game. The topspin and backspin jab serve caused Uda tons of trouble. He was forced to use chiquita, but that turned into the BH rallies and he lost them all. Overall, poor receiving played the major part in his loss, and not taking the 4th game sealed his fate.

He also talked about how he beat Xiang Peng. Xiang Peng has a strong forehand but relatively weaker backhand. To avoid FH vs FH rallies which he couldn't come out on top, Uda stayed close to the table and focused on moving Xiang Peng around to force a weak return that he could finish off with the FH.

http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=190&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=52#52
 準々決勝・準決勝と中国選手を連破する破竹の進撃を見せながら、決勝で徐海東に惜しくも敗れた宇田幸矢。試合後、相手のサービスの変化への対応に苦しんだことを語った。以下は宇田のコメント。

「前半は相手のサービスの回転も普通にわかって、レシーブで得点を取れていたんですけど、2ゲーム目あたりから相手がサービスを変えてきた。逆横回転なのであまり回転がわからなくて、上回転と下回転の差も大きくて、それにとまどったまま試合が進んでしまった。最後までわからないままで、チキータにいくしかなくて、そこからバックに詰められる展開で全然点が取れなかった。敗因はレシーブだと思います。

4ゲーム目は9ー7で自分がサービスを持っていて、そのゲームの前半にバックのへのロングサービスがすごく効いていて、相手がチキータへ入れなかった。そこで9ー7でフォア前へ2本出して、相手はあまいレシーブが入ってきたんですけど、そこをしっかり決め切れなかったので、次のゲームで相手のペースになってしまった。中国選手も3人目になるとやはり対策を立てられていて、研究されているのをすごく感じました。

準決勝の向鵬はフォアが強い選手で、バックには一発がなかったので、バックに連打して相手がフォアで回り込んだタイミングでフォアを突くか、回り込ませておいてフォアを突く作戦でした。前でのカウンタープレーを意識しました。後ろに下がるとフォア対フォアでは勝てないので、コースを狙って早い打球点で打ちました」(宇田)
K4PocKpm.jpg
DwIfdnKm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk and Atas Newton
Sep 2016
if you don,t understand why other players feel happy after beating the Chinese, there is nothing I can say. Jealous can not help us to improve our game and our life. Different country good at different things, Do you see many oriental win F.1 ????? Heavy weight boxing ??????????

This user has no status.
I'd be surprised if the chinese players themselves aren't tired of winning all the time. When you see their reaction when they win the gold medals in all these tournaments, they don't even seem that happy or surprised. It's like business as usual for them. This is why it's so boring to watch, because when you see a non chinese player win, you can see how happy they are and that's great to see.

I want to see other countries win more too, but please don't hate on the CNT. You say that Chinese players aren't happy about winning, but the two most iconic celebratory gestures from recent memories are both from Chinese players: 1) Zhang Jike ripping his shirt off and 2) Ma Long leaping on top of the TT table. Oh and if you want to count a smaller gesture from this year, FZD tossed his racket after winning the world cup in France.
I know that many Chinese players don't look emotional when they are in the arena, but that's because Chinese culture is very reserved by nature. Being composed when winning is a sign of respect and humility towards the competitors in oriental culture. Please don't mistake a cultural difference as apathy.

This user has no status.
if you don,t understand why other players feel happy after beating the Chinese, there is nothing I can say. Jealous can not help us to improve our game and our life. Different country good at different things, Do you see many oriental win F.1 ????? Heavy weight boxing ??????????
You misread what i said. I said that non chinese players react happy when they win the same titles that chinese usually win. Not after beating chinese players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
We are here to join this website to help each other, do not argue too hard and do not hate each other, we all love table tennis. Respect the sport and be good friends .

respect is a big word, sportsmanship is a bigger word

if one discriminated towards one ethnic group, or simply, discriminates towards Chinese, then such person does not deserve any respect from any one.

Shi did well as a young player, irrespective of her gender, ethnic, race or skin colour - this is what I call respecting a player going through such harsh schedule.
I guess some people just have problems with one race doing well

Sportsmanship is put behind everything of that player (race, skin colour, ethnic background, gender, advisability etc) and only look at sports + respect and having fun.

I hope I can help people who are boarder racism to stop this racist nonsense and just give respect or credit where due.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I want to see other countries win more too, but please don't hate on the CNT. You say that Chinese players aren't happy about winning, but the two most iconic celebratory gestures from recent memories are both from Chinese players: 1) Zhang Jike ripping his shirt off and 2) Ma Long leaping on top of the TT table. Oh and if you want to count a smaller gesture from this year, FZD tossed his racket after winning the world cup in France.
I know that many Chinese players don't look emotional when they are in the arena, but that's because Chinese culture is very reserved by nature. Being composed when winning is a sign of respect and humility towards the competitors in oriental culture. Please don't mistake a cultural difference as apathy.

If you are just talking to someone who has never trained most of they life to achieve one goal - a goal of winning a gold medal. This person you talk to will not understand hardship.

You are right that a lot of players don't express that much when winning as it is part personality or part culture - this is not just the Chinese, but then again, who has the right to judge how happy they are?

I have personally trained such hardship, I am involved with kids that have trained such hardship
I know many kids who lost in Melbourne, and who all cried or felt low after getting knocked out.
I guess former players or coaches in this forum will know what I am trying to say.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
you okay with racists?
Not sure whether the original commentary was racist (sometimes success makes you the target of unfair commentary) but in general, most of the world is full of bigots and you cannot tell someone is a bigot unless you really know them as some people disguise it well in public. I know there was some racist commentary but I don't think Atad Newton or Mrk were involved in it and I mean them.

This user has no status.
respect is a big word, sportsmanship is a bigger word

if one discriminated towards one ethnic group, or simply, discriminates towards Chinese, then such person does not deserve any respect from any one.

Shi did well as a young player, irrespective of her gender, ethnic, race or skin colour - this is what I call respecting a player going through such harsh schedule.
I guess some people just have problems with one race doing well

Sportsmanship is put behind everything of that player (race, skin colour, ethnic background, gender, advisability etc) and only look at sports + respect and having fun.

I hope I can help people who are boarder racism to stop this racist nonsense and just give respect or credit where due.
You being ignorant doesn't mean that what i said was racist. You're just choosing to think it's racist. All i said was that it's not impressive for a Chinese player to have a winrate like Shi Xunyao did because i'm sure that many of them had the same or similar winrates in past years. None of it has to do with them being "Chinese". Just because i couldn't give you more specific facts you already decide that i'm racist. What a great way to judge people.