This user has no status.
Starting in tabble tennis

Hey guys, I want to start practicing table tennis and I'm wondering what would be the best rubbers and blades to start. I was seeing the Rakza 9 for my FH and Xtend HS for my BH, both from Yasaka and a DHS Wind SR-A blade. I'd like to have a speed+spin on my FH and a spin+control on my BH and a 5 ply blade, but I'm insecure in this build, I want to not be discouraged with the sport that I love and I want help from this start.
I am from Brasil and here don't have many options but have some popular brands here.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hey guys, I want to start practicing table tennis and I'm wondering what would be the best rubbers and blades to start. I was seeing the Rakza 9 for my FH and Xtend HS for my BH, both from Yasaka and a DHS Wind SR-A blade. I'd like to have a speed+spin on my FH and a spin+control on my BH and a 5 ply blade, but I'm insecure in this build, I want to not be discouraged with the sport that I love and I want help from this start.
I am from Brasil and here don't have many options but have some popular brands here.

Have you never played before? If yes, then i think you should go with something slower than Rakza 9. I think that to fast rubbers will make your technique worse and will not benefit your developement. Maybe Mark V will be good to start with?

This user has no status.
Have you never played before? If yes, then i think you should go with something slower than Rakza 9. I think that to fast rubbers will make your technique worse and will not benefit your developement. Maybe Mark V will be good to start with?

Yeah, i already played with some fast rubbers one weekend some months ago, but i don't remember wich ones was .. and i took a look at the mark v family, but is out of stock in the yasaka store here :(

If you are an adult now without any prior formal training, then this is more applicable to you.

A lot of good info here. Read the lengthy Intro, 5-10 minutes, well worth your time. Then you can come back here and make a better decision.

I really thought about using pimped rubbers first, but idk, seems that the game is in slow mo, i really like fast games and with a lot of effects, for me it's what make me love TT, and using anti and pimped rubbers takes off this sensation for me

Reactions: Vrael
This user has no status.
i saw that has some mark v to select, should i use the normal one on both side or select some for what i'm looking for?
Start with mark v because it is beginner friendly.
I live in Brazil and here doesn't sell these brands, this market here is a bit scare, and i don't know where i can buy these things online and if they deliver here
A good chinese starter kit is Yinhe N11s + two Palio AK47 Yellow rubbers. It should cost you around 40$ in total, and it is quite beginner friendly and good for improvement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
i saw that has some mark v to select, should i use the normal one on both side or select some for what i'm looking for?

I live in Brazil and here doesn't sell these brands, this market here is a bit scare, and i don't know where i can buy these things online and if they deliver here

AliExpress is your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
i'd like to have but for some physical and personal reasons i won't be able to have training lessons for a while. i was seeing to have training lessons on club municipal and lather when i got really good at it i was thinking on join fluminense team, but because of my physical injury (displaced clavicle, nothing extreme, i still can play TT for fun and a little bit serious) it's going to take some time to get really into it
Are you going to have training lessons? You can get a little faster paddle if you have a coach helping you with your technique.

I am also from RJ. Where do you play?

This user has no status.
For a beginner, I definitely suggest a blade with good control, like Yasaka Sweden Extra or Stiga Allround Classic. And the basic Mark V (2mm) on both sides. This should cost you about $90 and will last you a long time, as Yasaka blade and rubbers are good quality. This setup is also very light weight. When you get better and decide to be more serious, you can just replace the Mark V with faster rubbers.

This user has no status.
For a beginner, I definitely suggest a blade with good control, like Yasaka Sweden Extra or Stiga Allround Classic. And the basic Mark V (2mm) on both sides. This should cost you about $90 and will last you a long time, as Yasaka blade and rubbers are good quality. This setup is also very light weight. When you get better and decide to be more serious, you can just replace the Mark V with faster rubbers.
This afternoon I was wondering something about mark v hps on fh and mark v on bh, I already saw mark v in game with a friend, and in my opinion, for my fh seems to be slow, but I'm almost getting the mark v on fh and on bh, about the blade, going on Man Lin Extra Offensive would be too bad for me? I was wondering about this one and DHS wind sr-a, or another 5 ply wood blade

Enviado de meu moto x4 usando o Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
AliExpress is your friend.
This!

Aliexpress is prety safe with lots of options. Best place for chinese brands. Shipping time should be longer in December though.

If you want to go with the bigger brands, tabletennis11.com is pretty good. But here, you will pay shipping and probably taxes.

A good chinese starter kit is Yinhe N11s + two Palio AK47 Yellow rubbers. It should cost you around 40$ in total, and it is quite beginner friendly and good for improvement.
I actually have one N11s + AK yellow + AK red unassembled here. If you choose to go with these, you can send me a PM.

This user has no status.
This afternoon I was wondering something about mark v hps on fh and mark v on bh, I already saw mark v in game with a friend, and in my opinion, for my fh seems to be slow, but I'm almost getting the mark v on fh and on bh, about the blade, going on Man Lin Extra Offensive would be too bad for me? I was wondering about this one and DHS wind sr-a, or another 5 ply wood blade

Enviado de meu moto x4 usando o Tapatalk

I think you will be ok with Ma Lin Extra Offensive. This blade is much faster than allround blades, but it has good control.

Reactions: gmccarmo
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It really doesn't matter what OP puts on whatever blade, it will be a huge adjustment.

I am mostly in agreement with pundits to go with middle of the road on everything.

An ALL or ALL+ blade 5-7 ply, and control rubbers.

Every company makes 1-4 of these kind of class of equipment. Too many possible combinations.

This user has no status.
so i like i'm a beginner i can go with max both on hps and mark v? i'm just afraid that i won't be able to play well with this
It really doesn't matter what OP puts on whatever blade, it will be a huge adjustment.

I am mostly in agreement with pundits to go with middle of the road on everything.

An ALL or ALL+ blade 5-7 ply, and control rubbers.

Every company makes 1-4 of these kind of class of equipment. Too many possible combinations.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You got pluses and minuses everywhere.

Common logic is a control based bat of a medium speed 5 or 7 ply blade with modern control oriented rubbers will give a player the best chance to develop strokes and feel for the ball.

Of course none of that matters a ton if a player never gets coaching instruction.

A player without coaching is virtually assured to be making multiple mistakes in fundamentals. This is compounded over time repeating the errors and engraining them.

In such a case, even using the most appropriate bat a player can still suck it up fundamentally forever. There is no configuration of a bat gunna save such a player... and we are all in that boat if we were forever without coaching.

That is why I say it doesn't matter too much without coaching.

Now using a rocket setup and getting no coaching is 10x worse in terms of lazy everything and no feel. That situation sucks and it is of course bad. So is no coaching with a "Good" bat.

That is the way it is. TT isnt easy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Having said all the good things about middle of the road... a lot of pundits disagree on sponge thickness.

Many advise 1.5 or 1.7 mm. That is much more controllable if you solidly strike the ball, but utterly sucks rocks for thinner contact using topsheet wrap and sponge catapult.

Again, all of it doesn't matter in terms of becoming a good player if one never gets coaching and forever jacks up the basics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk