Best FH in the world at the moment?

This user has no status.
his forehand rallies are no joke especially his wide forehand placements.
Maybe only for kills but he can't do FH counterloops. Just look at any of his matches and you'll that most balls that are placed to his FH he mostly returns with a soft block which usually pops the ball high.

This user has no status.
Maybe he can do fh counterloops but he doesn't do it in matches. I'm not joking, you can see for yourself, just look up any match of Harimoto from this year and you will see that there are barely any topspin to topspin rallies. He used to do them more last year, like in this video for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1PT4eIRK6w

Ok so some of the points he won from Karlsson and shibaev are not forehand counterloops???????!!!! The video you showed has lots of forehand winning points including counterloops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Ok so some of the points he won from Karlsson and shibaev are not forehand counterloops???????!!!! The video you showed has lots of forehand winning points including counterloops.
I said that he used to do more fh counterloops last year. This video shows it. I think you misunderstood what i said.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
You could take a look at Harimoto's match with Timo Boll at the Men's world cup. I would say he does counter loops very well. I think it's just that he prefers to use his backhand more. But his forehand is still not bad.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
You could take a look at Harimoto's match with Timo Boll at the Men's world cup. I would say he does counter loops very well. I think it's just that he prefers to use his backhand more. But his forehand is still not bad.
I think you're right it is good but far from the best.

Sent from my MI 6X using Tapatalk

Dude, first you said he doesnt do counterloops, then said he cannot do it in matches and then again said he does not do it often. You are contradicting yourself.

I said that he used to do more fh counterloops last year. This video shows it. I think you misunderstood what i said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
Yogi you've lost this one. Harimoto is a top 10 backhand dominant player the number 2(reality 3) xu xin has only a forehand on the world stage and is better than him. If Hari has a better forehand and backhand then he would regularly best xu. Imho even fzd doesn't have as good a forehand as XX but almost as good and a waaay better bh. So if th has the better forehand he should be vying for top dog.
My answer. Xu xin has best forehand for killing and soft touch but he is often out of position trying to cover whole table with it.
Ma long is the only other person who can do the same shots as XX but with less sidespin. Fzd is amazing but he doesn't often place the ball on the short edge when it's hard to do like the others

This user has no status.
Dude, first you said he doesnt do counterloops, then said he cannot do it in matches and then again said he does not do it often. You are contradicting yourself.
I'm not contradicting anything. I said that this year Harimoto has rarely played fh counterloops and that last year he used to do more counterloops using the video as an example. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand here.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl