Best FH in the world at the moment?

My reading comprehension is fine. I was not the one who declared something and then changed it to defend an arguement then denied ever saying it. Maybe you you should read what he said in his other posts earlier.

Yogi, you actually need to do a better job of reading. You misunderstood what he said. And what he said was clear.

This user has no status.
My reading comprehension is fine. I was not the one who declared something and then changed it to defend an arguement then denied ever saying it. Maybe you you should read what he said in his other posts earlier.
Dude, i know what i said. Maybe i should've used some better words to say it correctly, sometimes i have trouble explaining things since english isn't my native language. Anyways, what i said was that Harimoto barely plays fh counterloops this year i know i said that he can't do them but i meant to say that he barely does it so that was a mistake on my part, and then i posted the video as an example of how he used to play more fh counterloops **last year**. I meant to say that **this year** he rarely does it. I hope know you can understand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I understand there are many fans of Harimoto, but one cannot say that everything he does is perfect. He has great BH, he is fast, his serves are good and serves reading is good, but definitely FH is not his best weapon. That does not mean he has poor FH, everone top 100 has very good FH, but if you look how he behave during game his fisrt FH loop is very good powerfull and spinny - usualy he gets direct point after first FH attack. The problem is when he has to counter and also play second FH loop, mostly he plays counterhit, smash or fast block.
Regardi9ng main topic I think Xu Xin has the best FH.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Maybe only for kills but he can't do FH counterloops. Just look at any of his matches and you'll that most balls that are placed to his FH he mostly returns with a soft block which usually pops the ball high.

Oh ok. Now harimoto cannot do counterloops for fh. I think you are the one joking. A top 10 ranking player cannot do a counterloop. Anyway, i never said he has the best forehand. I said he can be a contender.

It seems you are trying to argue with something different than what Danny actually is trying to say.

Look at the next post. Read it closely:

Maybe he can do fh counterloops but he doesn't do it in matches. I'm not joking, you can see for yourself, just look up any match of Harimoto from this year and you will see that there are barely any topspin to topspin rallies. He used to do them more last year, like in this video for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1PT4eIRK6w

He used to do them more last year, like in this video for example

The next post you make clearly shows you did not understand that Danny was showing how Harimoto USED TO do counterloops more frequently.

And he has implied that this year, he NO LONGER does this.

Ok so some of the points he won from Karlsson and shibaev are not forehand counterloops???????!!!! The video you showed has lots of forehand winning points including counterloops.

What you said above shows you didn’t understand what Danny was saying and he should not have felt attacked and felt he had to respond by explaining what should have been obvious if you had paid attention to what you read.

And when Danny did try to explain:

I said that he used to do more fh counterloops last year. This video shows it. I think you misunderstood what i said.

Then you attack him again all while still not getting what he is trying to say.

Dude, first you said he doesnt do counterloops, then said he cannot do it in matches and then again said he does not do it often. You are contradicting yourself.

I personally don’t care if you like Harimoto’s FH or not. The kid is freakin’ good. Whether his FH is a contender for BEST is something I am happy if people want to debate. I think there may be tactical reasons why the Kid doesn’t want to get into a counterlooping rally trying to launch bombs with the big boys.

But don’t put words in someone’s mouth when you aren’t even going to try and do the work to understand what the person is trying to say.

Is Harimoto’s FH really a contender? Is it top 3 or 4?

Feel free to give reasons why you think that it is. But don’t attack someone if you don’t even know the point he is trying to make. Come on Yogi. You are better than that. And I should not have to spell all that out for you.

Sometimes when you step in it, being a grownup is valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Well ..let's me try to be neutral here.

Originally Posted by Danny21312: Maybe only for kills but he can't do FH counterloops .

It is clear that Danny said Harimoto can't do FH counterloop so Yogi answered: A top 10 ranking player cannot do a counterloop? Anyway, i never said he has the best forehand. I said he can be a contender.

Argument could have stopped there if Danny didn't add: Maybe he can do fh counterloops but he doesn't do it in matches. just look up any match of Harimoto from this year and you will see that there are barely any topspin to topspin rallies. He used to do them more last year, like in this video for example.

So it seems Danny realized he slipped his tongue and thus changed his tone a bit. But Yogi was still mad so he ignored Danny's "LAST YEAR Harimoto did counterloop more than now", and said "Ok so some of the points he won from Karlsson and shibaev are not forehand counterloops???????!"

Then they both are getting more defensive thus come the admin Carl ha ha...;) Hey I'd say they are both right ok?

This user has no status.
Well ..let's me try to be neutral here.

Originally Posted by Danny21312: Maybe only for kills but he can't do FH counterloops .

It is clear that Danny said Harimoto can't do FH counterloop so Yogi answered: A top 10 ranking player cannot do a counterloop? Anyway, i never said he has the best forehand. I said he can be a contender.

Argument could have stopped there if Danny didn't add: Maybe he can do fh counterloops but he doesn't do it in matches. just look up any match of Harimoto from this year and you will see that there are barely any topspin to topspin rallies. He used to do them more last year, like in this video for example.

So it seems Danny realized he slipped his tongue and thus changed his tone a bit. But Yogi was still mad so he ignored Danny's "LAST YEAR Harimoto did counterloop more than now", and said "Ok so some of the points he won from Karlsson and shibaev are not forehand counterloops???????!"

Then they both are getting more defensive thus come the admin Carl ha ha...;) Hey I'd say they are both right ok?
When i said that he can't do FH counterloops i meant to say "doesn't". I just didn't realize i accidentally wrote "can't". And also in the "Maybe he can do fh counterloops but he doesn't do it in matches" i forgot to add the word "anymore". i guess i just wrote that sentence too fast.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
can't and doesn't is two different things
Danny, maybe next time you should double check what you time or go back and edit your mistakes.

Carl, I also read, can't and then oh, somes times.
clearly there is contradicting invovled

and for the record, I am so not a Harimoto fan

I agree with Yogi that anyone is silly to use "cant" for a top 10 player
even a player like RSM has good backhand - why, because he was in the world top 10
but now we know Danny used the wrong word to explain.

But for Danny to say, Harimoto doesn't use FH counterloops any more (this year) is again, just asking for trouble.
How can a world rank top 10 player don't counter loop any more?

This user has no status.
can't and doesn't is two different things
Danny, maybe next time you should double check what you time or go back and edit your mistakes.

Carl, I also read, can't and then oh, somes times.
clearly there is contradicting invovled

and for the record, I am so not a Harimoto fan

I agree with Yogi that anyone is silly to use "cant" for a top 10 player
even a player like RSM has good backhand - why, because he was in the world top 10
but now we know Danny used the wrong word to explain.

But for Danny to say, Harimoto doesn't use FH counterloops any more (this year) is again, just asking for trouble.
How can a world rank top 10 player don't counter loop any more?
How is it asking for trouble? I was simply saying that Harimoto rarely played any counterloops this year. Ok so maybe 1 or 2 rallies here and there. And yeah maybe i should've used the word Rarely instead of Can't or Doesn't in my previous posts, but you guys don't need to make such a fuss out of this. My argument was that I said Harimoto used to play more topspin to topspin rallies last year (using the video as an example) and that compared to last year, this year he rarely plays those kinds of rallies. It's as simple as that. Not my fault Yogi seemed to ignore that part of what i said having repeating it multiple times as well. I'm done continuing this argument, if you want to continue it's your choice, goodbye.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It was pretty obvious from context what Danny meant.

It still is.

If you can’t realize what he meant based on the order of the posts and the content, that is not anyone’s fault but the reader.

Yeah. Danny could have reread and edited the one “CAN’T”.

But it was clear he wasn’t saying The Kid can’t counterloop.

I am not sure the issue of whether counterlooping matters in terms of how good the kid is. Or even how good his FH is. But if you are going to debate the merits of someone’s arguments, you should at least figure out what they mean.

There are loads of people who write with broken English on here. We still figure out what they are trying to say. We don’t attack them for something they absolutely did not mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
He isn't as versatile or consistent on forehand as Ma Long or FZD, but for sheer power I'll take Liang Jingkun.

I second that. In terms of power, Liang Jingkun is ridiculously strong. I remember seeing him do a FH smash on a high ball. His movement seemed so effortless, but the ball just disappeared into the sky after bouncing on the table. With that said, LJK heavily favors his BH, so I didn't choose him as having the best FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It was pretty obvious from context what Danny meant.

It still is.

If you can’t realize what he meant based on the order of the posts and the content, that is not anyone’s fault but the reader.

Yeah. Danny could have reread and edited the one “CAN’T”.

But it was clear he wasn’t saying The Kid can’t counterloop.

I am not sure the issue of whether counterlooping matters in terms of how good the kid is. Or even how good his FH is. But if you are going to debate the merits of someone’s arguments, you should at least figure out what they mean.

There are loads of people who write with broken English on here. We still figure out what they are trying to say. We don’t attack them for something they absolutely did not mean.

Sent from my iPone using Tapatalk

I think people are not targeting the English level issue
but targeting his finger pointing that it is others people fault for not knowing what he/she is saying.

There are many people with broken English, but they won't go on and on and saying its Yogi's or whoevers fault for not understanding..... its like the kid fell on the stairs, and you are blaming the stairs

He seems to debate about last year and this year - I think his English capability is very good, maybe even better then mine.
But Yogi is talking about other things that Danny keeps changing his mind lol , this is very obvious and Danny just getting annoyed and blaming his words are not correct or Yogi or who ever. Wrong words have wrong meanings, he must learn that.

Danny should of just said, he doesn't mean this or that and corrected himself
there is way too many posts that he is contracting himself. Tropical put it just in a more friendly manner
even till now, he is still trying to defend himself - yes we all know what he is saying but he need to start arguing what he did wrong and think its right

Last edited:
Reactions: ttdad and Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
How is it asking for trouble?

Because you are talking nonsense if Harimoto doesn't use FH counterloops any more this year

But I don't know why you ask me a question and you answer yourself in the same post
however I have manners, so I still answered you with this short post.
lol

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Because you are talking nonsense if Harimoto doesn't use FH counterloops any more this year

But I don't know why you ask me a question and you answer yourself in the same post
lol
Ok you wrote a lot to prove Danny was wrong but you do not see what yogi wrote?
He wrote that harimoto can be contender??? - we all know harimoto Has great BH but his fh is just very good like most of top players.
Can you really compare harimoto fh to XX ML? Why his fh is better then not mentioned players here like wong, fang bo, Chen chien an, lin gao yuan, Lee sangsu and others???
Ok he took down most of top players but lets not overdo he is great at everything.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ok you wrote a lot to prove Danny was wrong but you do not see what yogi wrote?
He wrote that harimoto can be contender??? - we all know harimoto Has great BH but his fh is just very good like most of top players.
Can you really compare harimoto fh to XX ML? Why his fh is better then not mentioned players here like wong, fang bo, Chen chien an, lin gao yuan, Lee sangsu and others???
Ok he took down most of top players but lets not overdo he is great at everything.

I think because he says "contender", that means he is not there yet, but close enough
I would say he is a contender for the future but not now

But that is Yogi's view point and I'm okay with that and I don't need to change Yogi's mind.

But to say Harimoto can't counter loop or whatever - this is just too wrong and need to be corrected.

Also, there is no definition of "how to rate the best FH"
if harimoto can only block and is winning, or with someone like He Zhi Wen who is unique, then why can't those be rated as good FH?
or does the audience only want to rate FH based on players that are good in counter top spinning rallies?

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

lol

I think because he says "contender", that means he is not there yet, but close enough
I would say he is a contender for the future but not now

But that is Yogi's view point and I'm okay with that and I don't need to change Yogi's mind.

But to say Harimoto can't counter loop or whatever - this is just too wrong and need to be corrected.

Also, there is no definition of "how to rate the best FH"
if harimoto can only block and is winning, or with someone like He Zhi Wen who is unique, then why can't those be rated as good FH?
or does the audience only want to rate FH based on players that are good in counter top spinning rallies?

Main point I think we can agree is that this topic is stupid. Most of top players would just smile reading it.
All we can say that there are some players who are more FH oriented and that makes them more versatile like XX.
As I said harimoto fh is very good but nothing special. So saying contender can make some people react. Danny's reaction still was far from correct but still he wrote some good point about harimoto counterspin which he uses very seldom and when he uses is not very efficient. Was it his choice od his coach to decide that way does not matter especially when he can beat almost anyone.