Nittaku acoustic blade - any good?

This user has no status.

I can't agree more! I bought an acoustic 10 years ago in Tokyo Japan that weighted 88g. When paired with MXP/Rakza 7, it feels very solid. Very little vibration (not hollow). The sound is very crisp. 10 years later (today), I bought a Large Handle acoustic from TT11 because I don't like the small handle. It weights 90g, paired with Fastarc G1 on both sides - it feels completely different! It feels hollow and lots of vibration. The sound is also hollow. It doesn't feel as powerful (solid) as the old one. I am so disappointed...

Happy to find someone who feels the same - others rarely mention/notice this. Do you think the vast difference is due to the rubbers I put? Or is the quality of acoustic becomes much worse over the course of 10 years?

Nittaku_Acoustics_jpeg.jpg

Mystery solved! Turns out the LG Acoustic weighs 82g (written on the box), instead of the requested 90g. That explains why it feels so hollow when compared with my 88g non-LG one. Weight really plays a great part on a blade's characteristic! Sadly you can no longer guarantee the weight in the world of online shopping.

Mystery solved! Turns out the LG Acoustic weighs 82g (written on the box), instead of the requested 90g. That explains why it feels so hollow when compared with my 88g non-LG one. Weight really plays a great part on a blade's characteristic! Sadly you can no longer guarantee the weight in the world of online shopping.

With tabletennis11 you can always ask what blades (in terms of weight) they have in stock via email. This shop is amazing :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

My logic says that if a blade is the same but lighter and with a bigger handle the hollowness most probably comes from the empty space inside the handle. If it wasn't so the blade would have been much heavier and there would be no resonance (or hollowness)

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
My logic says that if a blade is the same but lighter and with a bigger handle the hollowness most probably comes from the empty space inside the handle. If it wasn't so the blade would have been much heavier and there would be no resonance (or hollowness)

If the weight is in the handle, the blade can weigh more on the scales and feel lighter in the hand.
But as you say if the blade is lighter with a larger handle, then either the handle is hollow, or lighter.
Of course there are weight differences in the different batches of wood as well.
The Acoustic and Acoustic inner blades I bought from TT11 were the lightest ones they had in stock at the time, I just called and asked them, they emailed back with the weights, great service.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have seen Viscaria blades that weighted 98 grams and others 79 grams. When you open the handle, there was no difference in the manufacture details.

Wood is something that was once living. Different pieces of wood of the same kind, size and cut, can still have quite different weights.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011

I can't agree more! I bought an acoustic 10 years ago in Tokyo Japan that weighted 88g. When paired with MXP/Rakza 7, it feels very solid. Very little vibration (not hollow). The sound is very crisp. 10 years later (today), I bought a Large Handle acoustic from TT11 because I don't like the small handle. It weights 90g, paired with Fastarc G1 on both sides - it feels completely different! It feels hollow and lots of vibration. The sound is also hollow. It doesn't feel as powerful (solid) as the old one. I am so disappointed...

Happy to find someone who feels the same - others rarely mention/notice this. Do you think the vast difference is due to the rubbers I put? Or is the quality of acoustic becomes much worse over the course of 10 years?

Nittaku_Acoustics_jpeg.jpg

G1 on both sides tend to have that effect. I love G1 on my forehand and thought i'd use it on both sides. Once I did that, blade felt light and funny. The opposite of solid.
So yeah, change one side of your rubber to sometihng else.

Reactions: isolator
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
In matter of fact I spend quite some time on some particular blades trying to find a combination of rubbers which will give me the feeling I once had... especially on all-wood. The easiest way is to use always the same rubbers but still it may end up differently if I use another glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi together,
I am looking for a new 5ply wood that is well finished and has a good control.
It should support an offensive, two wing looping style.
Focus on backhand is control, a lot of blocking, pushing and soft topspin for opening the rallies.
Stronger forehand , very good spinny first topspin and good follow up strokes.

Would the Nittaku Acustic be a fit?
Can anyone compare them to Butterfly Primorac and Korbel Japan versions?

I had problems with blocking when playing with the Primorac (too soft and elastic), Korbel was better in this department, but for me the Korbel was all in all to fast (84g Japan).

As i like to play a lighter blade, it is good to hear that the Acoustic is available between 79-90g.

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Hi together,
I am looking for a new 5ply wood that is well finished and has a good control.
It should support an offensive, two wing looping style.
Focus on backhand is control, a lot of blocking, pushing and soft topspin for opening the rallies.
Stronger forehand , very good spinny first topspin and good follow up strokes.

Would the Nittaku Acustic be a fit?
Can anyone compare them to Butterfly Primorac and Korbel Japan versions?

I had problems with blocking when playing with the Primorac (too soft and elastic), Korbel was better in this department, but for me the Korbel was all in all to fast (84g Japan).

As i like to play a lighter blade, it is good to hear that the Acoustic is available between 79-90g.
why don't you start a new topic, in stead a reply about Nittaku Acoustic

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
I have them all three in the all wood version
Made in Japan.
Let’s say it like this

Primorac = Volvo
Korbel = Mercedes
Nittaku = Bentley

You won’t mis the table with the Primorac.
Same for Korbel just faster.
So much feeling in the Nittaku.

Of course it also depends on what rubber. I want as conservative rubbers as possible.

Oh shit … I have acoustics little brother. The violin. The analogy is the same 😊

Reactions: PakDa1988