Durable modern thin topsheet - thick sponge rubber

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You're right, I know two players who use regular Aurus and keep them all year long, balls feel extremely heavy even on five-ply and would outpower a fair chunk of people here, I am pretty sure. Mean spin, too; that's on max sponge.

Yeah.

In Korea, when I gave up on T05 when BTY jacked up price of rubber to 75 USD or so a sheet, I tried a few rubbers and settled on Tibhar Aurus. I could get 300-400 hours out of it... and my friend would get another 300 out of it. When new, Aurus topsheet felt like supple high end Italian leather. It was a high control rubber with a decent top end spin on your big shots.

I still have the beast mod of the Stiga Allround Evolution... I brought it to the club last week and had a 2200 level player hit a few FH and BH using it... one side had a 6 year old sheet of Aurus on it... and he loved the control of it.

By the way, he didn't know what bat I gave him and he said he swung that bat so easily to make spin... then I took him off the court to the scale I had ready at the table... bat with rubbers was 220 grams +... he was smiling.

Reactions: Ioiettino
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yup, very easy swinging... I bet I slip that bat to 10 loopers to do a few loops, and 8 think it is a real light easy to swing bat.

The was the infamous Beast Mod a few years back. Every 6-12 months Carl dredges the beast back from the depths of the archives just to remind everyone... btw, I got inspired to do that to the Allround Evo after a hit with Carl's Evo in NYC.

This user has no status.
Hi folks,

I bought a sheet of Donic Bluestorm Z1 and after 2 months or 40 hours of play it is quite strongly worn out. Are all of these new rubbers so bad or is there something more durable that I could buy???

The main problem is the TOPSHEET. Yes, the rubber shrunk somewhat - factory tuning disappears. Yes, the sponge is a little bit slower - less catapulty, but the main problem is the topsheet - safe topspinning is possible, but maximum spin is not there when serving, pushing or topspinning.

I had a similar problem with Bluefire JP01, rhyzm and Vega Japan - 1st month very good, 2nd month wearing down, 3rd month very strong wear-down up to slippery. The Vega Japan was the worst of all.

Best regards, Milan

Hi Milan.
From what i`ve read so far i would suggest Tibhar Aurus as one of the more durable.
I found this:
https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=AURUSPRIME

And then there is this:
http://ttnpp.com/store/donic/249-donic-baracuda-6.html

they advertise the Baracuda as one of the more durable rubbers as well and i`ve read only possitive feedback so far. I quote:
[FONT=&quot]DONIC BARACUDA's top rubber surface has been newly constructed to minimise abrasion and damage to the edges. The happy result: more playing hours with a surface that remains intact without noticeable damage.[/FONT]

But me personally cannot confirm nor can i deny any of the given information. You have to build your own opinion but at least you could try them for 31 or 36 USD they are more affordable. Hope you can get some useful information. Happy spinning.