Tmount ACE 1 Speed and ACE 2 Spin rubbers

Tmount Ace 1 Speed and Ace 2 Spin rubbers!

1MvNIWb.jpg

IXKrYm4.jpg

XJfhc0D.jpg

5iRS3ax.jpg

img]https://i.imgur.com/TBE2oYz.jpg[/img]

2m8qLmp.jpg

PM19RrS.jpg

YxFjL9n.jpg

Wa5OJgy.jpg

Speed: both Off+
Spin: Ace 1 (high), Ace 2 (very high)
Weight: Ace 1 (64 grams uncut), Ace 2 (65 grams uncut)
Topsheet: non tacky

I got these rubbers from the company itself. Tmount had rubbers before but they discontinued them since I cannot find them in the ITTF 2018B LARC anymore. These 2 rubbers really intrigued me and frankly speaking I was not expecting something like this because I was expecting a regular tacky and fast Chinese rubber made by RITC. To my surprise I received a Chinese rubber that is almost non-tacky and more on the grippy side. The sponge is semi porous but the pores are very small and the pores are much smaller compared to the regular ESN rubbers. The rubber overall has a very high quality. You will think it as an ESN rubber at far. When I first took a look at the rubber itself, I almost mistook it as something similar to the Stiga Mantra because the topsheet looks like it is similar. Tmount claims they have their own factory in China and the topsheets are Chinese-made while the sponge is a German made. The topsheet of both rubbers are thin topsheet. The pip structure has a thin top with regular pip length. The sponge is 50 degrees and feels very hard but the thin soft topsheet makes the feel a little bit less harder. If you press the rubber against your thumb it would feel like it is as hard as a TIbhar MX-S rubber. The rubber comes out of the packaging with no plastic cover attached to the topsheet so I was surprised that the rubber is not tacky. If there is any amount of tackiness, it is not that obvious. The 2 rubbers are have the same sponge hardness but differ in some characteristics. The Ace 1 Speed has a softer topsheet compared to the Ace 2 Spin.

I glued the 2 rubbers onto 2 different blades which are the F700 blade from Tmount which is identical to the Butterfly Innerforce ALC in construction and the F720 blade which is similar to the Timo Boll ALC. The first thing I have noticed for both rubbers are that they are very fast. In fact their speed and power are not the one we can usually see among Chinese rubbers. Both the Ace Spin and Speed rubbers have at least the speed of a Donic Acuda S2 and Acuda S1 respectively. I am quite surprised with the speed even far from the table. I think the speed is partly to having non tacky topsheets for both versions. There were times that me and a friend of mine would have the balls go over the table even at far distance.

Looping or spinning, the Speed version has a lower arc and would rate it as medium or medium low arc when looping while the Ace 2 Spin has a higher arc but a bit shorter trajectory. I have a stroke particularly suited for the Chinese rubber so the Spin 2 having a harder topsheet and grippier surface seem like easier to loop with because I do brush more. If comparing the 2 rubbers, you would need a more direct sponge compression with the Ace 1 as it needs to have a thicker contact while the Ace 2 can have a thinner contact on its surface, The spin version has a marginally greater amount of spin compared to the Ace Speed version. Both are very good looping rubbers and they are quite spinny. I can say they are even spinnier than the ITC Ultra rubbers but still has lesser amount of spin if you compare them to Hurricane rubbers. Service wise, the Spin version is a bit better, I can almost produce the spin of a regular tacky Chinese rubber because he surface is very grippy. Also for short pushes or drop shots, the Spin version is better. For smashing and blocking, I am more confident in using the Ace 1 because you can easily dig in into the sponge because of the softer tospheet compared to the Ace 2. I love the blocking on both fh and bh sides because it is easier to blocking incoming spin due to the tospheet that is not so spin sensitive.

Tmount Ace Spin and Speed rubbers are a good alternative since I heard the price for the 2 rubbers are much lower compared to the regular ESN and Japan made rubbers. If you ask me what is my preference, I would use the Ace 2 Spin for the forehand and Ace 1 for the backhand. However, I have also found that the Spin version on both sides also work very well so that would go down to your preferences in the feel or stroke for the rubber. Overall, these 2 rubbers are well worth to try.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
You said they're worth trying
How to get them is a very important question,
Also, there is no website where you can directly place and order and get their stuff; blades or rubbers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
After reading yogi's post I was tempted and swapped my dead Tibhar Aurus Prime to Ace 2 Spin. Great performer and it really does work on backhand.

Weight is about same as yogi's which is fairly light.
1st few hits were mysterious softish feeling to me. Hardness felt like what u usually get from other brands with 45 or even 42.5 deg sponge. It took me ~2 hours to get used to the feel and start managing strong topspin shots in rallies. The long dwell time/feeling also makes me quite comfortable with both blocking and topspinning eventually as it's easily for user to grasp what's going on during the impact

Throw is indeed about medium and it's not spin sensitive. I also like the fact that it's slower than Aurus Prime in softer shots but faster under hard impacts, and Prime is already a very fast rubber. Some might not like such strong/extreme catapult although i really liked it after adjusting strokes to the rubber to stop the ball from going over the table :p Such speed does make me wonder why Ace 1 Speed even exists though.

Spin is top-class when comparing to ESN rubbers, although personally, under my strokes and blade set up, I found few rubbers such as Victas V>15 and ITC Powercell Ultra still better on brushing strokes. However none of those is anywhere close to as fast as Ace 2 in higher gears.

Short games very spinny, although maybe a bit less than V>15 and Ultra, but the long dwell time gives me confidence to go for more aggressive moves such as long pushes with extreme placements and flicks.

Overall, simply great rubber especially for the price. People with fast blades and don't like catapault (too much) might want consider something else (although I personally found the catapult pretty late and controllable), otherwise u wouldn't regret buying it =D.

Last edited:
Reactions: yogi_bear
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
After reading yogi's post I was tempted and swapped my dead Tibhar Aurus Prime to Ace 2 Spin. Great performer and it really does work on backhand.

Weight is about same as yogi's which is fairly light.
1st few hits were mysterious softish feeling to me. Hardness felt like what u usually get from other brands with 45 or even 42.5 deg sponge. It took me ~2 hours to get used to the feel and start managing strong topspin shots in rallies. The long dwell time/feeling also makes me quite comfortable with both blocking and topspinning eventually as it's easily for user to grasp what's going on during the impact

Throw is indeed about medium and it's not spin sensitive. I also like the fact that it's slower than Aurus Prime in softer shots but faster under hard impacts, and Prime is already a very fast rubber. Some might not like such strong/extreme catapult although i really liked it after adjusting strokes to the rubber to stop the ball from going over the table :p Such speed does make me wonder why Ace 1 Speed even exists though.

Spin is top-class when comparing to ESN rubbers, although personally, under my strokes and blade set up, I found few rubbers such as Victas V>15 and ITC Powercell Ultra still better on brushing strokes. However none of those is anywhere close to as fast as Ace 2 in higher gears.

Short games very spinny, although maybe a bit less than V>15 and Ultra, but the long dwell time gives me confidence to go for more aggressive moves such as long pushes with extreme placements and flicks.

Overall, simply great rubber especially for the price. People with fast blades and don't like catapault (too much) might want consider something else (although I personally found the catapult pretty late and controllable), otherwise u wouldn't regret buying it =D.

Cornerer, did you bought the rubber online or in a local shop?
If it was online, what was the website?