Goat meat nutrition

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Goat let to age to 1.5 years would taste like Deer. Goat could be considered a domesticated deer.

Goat under 1 year does not have the stronger flavor.

It makes a great BBQ meat.

Goat BBQ. That's the most fusion cuisine I ever heard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
"cholesterol production driven by saturated fat is not necessarily inflammatory."

Never said it was. Adipokines. From adipose.

"There are overweight people who in the absence of hyperinsulinemia are not unhealthy."

Yup.

"The point is that saturated fat isn't the primary driver of atherosclerosis."

Most likely, it is. As far as we can pinpoint something complex to a single cause. Again, it's complicated.

"The fat is just an accomplice after high carbohydrate levels have driven up insulin and opened up the cells to store the fat."

Insulinergic effect of carbs (especially simple carbs) certainly is part of the picture, but the fat works on a genetic level to screw our metabolism... and epigenetic level. With diabetes, recent research is showing it's the sat fat that does the initial genetic screwup with driving up UCP2 in pancreas, even before insulin resistance occurs.

"The good thing is that your tone has moderated a little from the position you started out with."

Your first comment was a blanket statement saying that my statements were wrong. I simply went with the flow :)

"The point is that high carbs also create a hunger that drives more eating and makes it harder to not eat because they raise blood sugar and increase insulin production. Fats by themselves do not do this."

Yup.

"Let's just say I could also say you haven't looked at research with a skeptical eye"

Yeah, if only I spent a little less time actually studying the topic and doing actual lab research, and a little more time youtubing nutritional nutjobs, I'd have a better understanding :)

"When I say Sat fat is good for you, you seem focused on the nutrients and not on the food. No one is going to eat sat fats. But people who eat foods containing sat fats should not stop eating them because they are sat fats. In fact Micheal Eades argues that sat fats are protective. I am not going that far, but I am saying that don't go around saying that people should not eat something because it contains sat fats. This position is no longer in the dietary guidelines"

Sat fat isn't good for you. Put some in a rat diet and things go bad. But like I've said a bunch of times, it's complicated. A food is not a single nutrient. There's good and bad in every food, and oftentimes the good can outweigh the bad. One of the first thing I mentioned is that wild game (containing sat fat) seems to be overall healthy. I did not say that people shouldn't eat sat fat. I simply said, in an overnutrition environment (which pretty much everyone reading this lives in), it's a bad and not a good.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
"cholesterol production driven by saturated fat is not necessarily inflammatory."

Never said it was. Adipokines. From adipose.

"There are overweight people who in the absence of hyperinsulinemia are not unhealthy."

Yup.

"The point is that saturated fat isn't the primary driver of atherosclerosis."

Most likely, it is. As far as we can pinpoint something complex to a single cause. Again, it's complicated.

"The fat is just an accomplice after high carbohydrate levels have driven up insulin and opened up the cells to store the fat."

Insulinergic effect of carbs (especially simple carbs) certainly is part of the picture, but the fat works on a genetic level to screw our metabolism... and epigenetic level. With diabetes, recent research is showing it's the sat fat that does the initial genetic screwup with driving up UCP2 in pancreas, even before insulin resistance occurs.

"The good thing is that your tone has moderated a little from the position you started out with."

Your first comment was a blanket statement saying that my statements were wrong. I simply went with the flow :)

"The point is that high carbs also create a hunger that drives more eating and makes it harder to not eat because they raise blood sugar and increase insulin production. Fats by themselves do not do this."

Yup.

"Let's just say I could also say you haven't looked at research with a skeptical eye"

Yeah, if only I spent a little less time actually studying the topic and doing actual lab research, and a little more time youtubing nutritional nutjobs, I'd have a better understanding :)

"When I say Sat fat is good for you, you seem focused on the nutrients and not on the food. No one is going to eat sat fats. But people who eat foods containing sat fats should not stop eating them because they are sat fats. In fact Micheal Eades argues that sat fats are protective. I am not going that far, but I am saying that don't go around saying that people should not eat something because it contains sat fats. This position is no longer in the dietary guidelines"

Sat fat isn't good for you. Put some in a rat diet and things go bad. But like I've said a bunch of times, it's complicated. A food is not a single nutrient. There's good and bad in every food, and oftentimes the good can outweigh the bad. One of the first thing I mentioned is that wild game (containing sat fat) seems to be overall healthy. I did not say that people shouldn't eat sat fat. I simply said, in an overnutrition environment (which pretty much everyone reading this lives in), it's a bad and not a good.

You keep saying put the saturated fat by itself in a rat and things go bad and use the phrase "over nutrition environment". Can you define why? As in, does this over nutrition occur in the absence of carbohydrates or high insulin?

Recently, David Diamond pointed out that in every (50 out of 50 papers he reviewed) experiment where rats are fed a fatty diet, it is as part of a mix of sugar and fat and is always called a fatty diet in the literature with a de-emphasis on the sugar.

So by your definition, in an over nutrition environment, what is good?

Part of the reason this came up was that someone was trying to say that lamb might be avoided because of its sat fat content. I just pointed out that the dietary guidelines don't limit sat fat intake anymore. I cited a cardiologist who refers to the most up to date European research reviewing medical website to buttress this.

If you research this, what do you disagree with that the medical website stated?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I also heard that people drink goat milk and feel great. From time to time I see people who sell goat milk on a village market too. But somebody (maybe even my mother, when I was a student) told me, that it has a strange smell and taste. Has anyone tried it suddenly? Or do you know anyone, who drinks it on a regular basis?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Goat milk and goat cheese are readily available. It goes with stables scent and taste, as does farmer’s cheese made from raw milk at the farm (to a lesser extent). Some like that, some don’t.

Pretty much like some develop a taste for almond or soy “milk”, and some don’t.

Last edited: