Tibhar Evo EL-P vs FX-P for flicks and brushing loops

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hello,

I play with double chinese rubber setup (cpen). I am considering changing backhand rubber. I would like to use this rubber mostly on backhand flick receives and general looping. I mentioned brushing technique because that's what I'm used to do because of current setup. If one of the evo rubbers behaves better in that department that's what I would prefer to get.

So which one would you choose ? Yes, I'm limited to choose one of the two. I can get stiga calibra sound but they don't get much of an attention these days.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hello,

I play with double chinese rubber setup (cpen). I am considering changing backhand rubber. I would like to use this rubber mostly on backhand flick receives and general looping. I mentioned brushing technique because that's what I'm used to do because of current setup. If one of the evo rubbers behaves better in that department that's what I would prefer to get.

So which one would you choose ? Yes, I'm limited to choose one of the two. I can get stiga calibra sound but they don't get much of an attention these days.

FX-P has a grippier topsheet and softer sponge than EL-P and is comparable to the Tenergy FX series. I personally felt EL-P was better for blocking and FX-P for looping. EL-P felt a little too passive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
and i'm in square one again:D probably I will choose el-p as it's quite a bit cheaper in a place when I'm going to buy that rubber from.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I haven't tried fx-p but used el-p on backhand for a couple of years. It worked perfectly on a Off- allwood blade, but when I changed to a off- 5+2 blade with carbon/kevlar next to the inner ply, I had some problems with it. In those soft/slow topspin hits it gripped the ball very inconsistently. Sometimes it would behave normally as before and sometimes it would throw very high. So it depends on how flexible your blade is. From the description of the fx-p(it should be closer to mx-p, just softer), I don't think it will have the same problem on a stiffer blade.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I haven't tried fx-p but used el-p on backhand for a couple of years. It worked perfectly on a Off- allwood blade, but when I changed to a off- 5+2 blade with carbon/kevlar next to the inner ply, I had some problems with it. In those soft/slow topspin hits it gripped the ball very inconsistently. Sometimes it would behave normally as before and sometimes it would throw very high. So it depends on how flexible your blade is. From the description of the fx-p(it should be closer to mx-p, just softer), I don't think it will have the same problem on a stiffer blade.

I'm not surprised, felt the same thing.

This user has no status.
I am also a Chinese penholder player. From what I have tried using Yinhe 970xxk penhold with backhand runner of EL-P it is really a good combination I found my backhand improved a lot, I found the elasticity is the best of rubbers of I have ever tried it is similar to Tenergy 05. But the price is cheaper than 05 I think for penhold backhand ELP is a very good choice. My forehand right now is Xiom China 79-068, I have tried skyline-2 blue but it feels no bounce at all. I have also found for DHS rubber it is better to using oil to pre boosted it and it is good for using with DHS blade as well. I have a blade of Provincial 301 blade with DHS national blue H3 on my forehand it is all right, I have changed my backhand to yinhe moon speed from 37 soft of H3, since H3 is slow. It is better to use non-Chinese rubber as Tibhar is a good choice for backhand rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I am also a Chinese penholder player. From what I have tried using Yinhe 970xxk penhold with backhand runner of EL-P it is really a good combination I found my backhand improved a lot, I found the elasticity is the best of rubbers of I have ever tried it is similar to Tenergy 05. But the price is cheaper than 05 I think for penhold backhand ELP is a very good choice. My forehand right now is Xiom China 79-068, I have tried skyline-2 blue but it feels no bounce at all. I have also found for DHS rubber it is better to using oil to pre boosted it and it is good for using with DHS blade as well. I have a blade of Provincial 301 blade with DHS national blue H3 on my forehand it is all right, I have changed my backhand to yinhe moon speed from 37 soft of H3, since H3 is slow. It is better to use non-Chinese rubber as Tibhar is a good choice for backhand rubber.
Have you found ELP requires a more upward brush stroke to lift the ball?

I find that regular flat bh strokes have a tendency to go into the net.

This user has no status.
Once you have practiced with your backhand the rubber is much easier to play with from my point of view, better than any DHS rubber e.g. DHS hurricane 3 37 soft. don not use Chinese rubbers for your backhand of Chinese blade. You can use H3 on your forehand. Player likes speed. DHS rubbers lack speed. I found Xiom 79-068 is ok for forehand it is sticky rubbers too.DHS rubber’s performance is overstated.