Is prott.vip genuine?

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Is prott.vip genuine? Just seems a bit too good to be true...

What specifically is so good that you doubt it's true?;) Xu Xin's blade for 888USD or supposedly FZD backhand rubber for 120USD? Even if they are true their real value for any other player then FZD or XX is far less then what these shops ask for. Actually 99% of players will have the same or better BH with any 20-40USD rubber like Rakza 7s than taking this H3n rubber for 3-5x the price...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Nice to see that some people begin think that prott is something wrong. I can say that I buy "real"(prott say that it is) national tenergy rubber 110$. Topsheet was too thin then tenergy rubber and after 2 week it became to cruble. National rubber(NEO 85$) from prott.cc have a bubble after 3 training session. I have played about 7 years hurricane or skyline provincial and national rubber from different market. I play know a national rubber from china agent. I Think it rubber is geniune. No one rubber in the market can compare rubber from china agent.

Is prott.vip genuine? Just seems a bit too good to be true...

Reactions: Andyzhao123
This user has no status.
What specifically is so good that you doubt it's true?;) Xu Xin's blade for 888USD or supposedly FZD backhand rubber for 120USD? Even if they are true their real value for any other player then FZD or XX is far less then what these shops ask for. Actually 99% of players will have the same or better BH with any 20-40USD rubber like Rakza 7s than taking this H3n rubber for 3-5x the price...
It makes feel like a better player if I have nicer equipment...

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017

Yes, snake oil effect works, then I got it. I would sell you pro Tenergy 05 for double the price of my local store, just give me 5 minutes, I need to scrap the packaging and write something on the back;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Do not agree with you. My thought that i need to find a best equipmnet for your play style. I have been playing table tennis for 14 years since I was 12 years old. I am not a beginner that change equipment because he does nt want to train hard. I may have a better results if you a have a best set up .

Do not agree with you. My thought that i need to find a best equipmnet for your play style. I have been playing table tennis for 14 years since I was 12 years old. I am not a beginner that change equipment because he does nt want to train hard. I may have a better results if you a have a best set up .

Very good!
I wish you fast and effective development!
14 years is a good period of time to find out what your setup should be and I'm sure you already have that idea.
What you lack in your best recent setup amd what you expect from the stuff of ML and FZD?
As others said above their personal equipment is "personal" because is made for the exact needs of the very one of them. The equipment of FZD is different from the equipment of ML and thats for a good reason. Why do you think they would be good for you and of which player exactly?
About the rubbers - All pretuned personal rubbers are effective for no more than 2 months on the shelf, and even if you get them absolutely fresh, they will be good for no more than a month after you put them on the blade.
Even if the products of prott are absolutely genuin, you have to think about that.

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
Very good!
I wish you fast and effective development!
14 years is a good period of time to find out what your setup should be and I'm sure you already have that idea.
What you lack in your best recent setup amd what you expect from the stuff of ML and FZD?
As others said above their personal equipment is "personal" because is made for the exact needs of the very one of them. The equipment of FZD is different from the equipment of ML and thats for a good reason. Why do you think they would be good for you and of which player exactly?
About the rubbers - All pretuned personal rubbers are effective for no more than 2 months on the shelf, and even if you get them absolutely fresh, they will be good for no more than a month after you put them on the blade.
Even if the products of prott are absolutely genuin, you have to think about that.
Sure, but having a Viscaria with an infinity vps handle wouldn't make a difference and would just be a cool thing to have...

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Sure, but having a Viscaria with an infinity vps handle wouldn't make a difference and would just be a cool thing to have...

No difference can still make a lot of difference in two ways.

You’re bound to play poorly if for one or other reason you think there’s something wrong with your equipment. That’s a nocebo effect.

You’re bound to play your best if for one or other reason you think your new gear will help you overcome issues you ran into before. More spin, more speed, more consistency, more accuracy… a placebo effect.

That’s probably the EJ cycle right there. You hit with boosted confidence, and reaffirm your spending high, after playing with new pixie dust enhanced tackle.

That initial high wears off after a while, your play level suffers and/or you’re getting more open to negative feedback — new weaknesses exposed, new challenges once again bringing your human flaws into the light. You start doubting yourself, and your equipment, seeing others do things in a way you can’t manage. You start losing confidence, you need more power, more spin, more control, less slips, tighter serves… time for something new.

Table tennis. It does not escape the human condition, however great it may be.

No difference can still make a lot of difference in two ways.

You’re bound to play poorly if for one or other reason you think there’s something wrong with your equipment. That’s a nocebo effect.

You’re bound to play your best if for one or other reason you think your new gear will help you overcome issues you ran into before. More spin, more speed, more consistency, more accuracy… a placebo effect.

That’s probably the EJ cycle right there. You hit with boosted confidence, and reaffirm your spending high, after playing with new pixie dust enhanced tackle.

That initial high wears off after a while, your play level suffers and/or you’re getting more open to negative feedback — new weaknesses exposed, new challenges once again bringing your human flaws into the light. You start doubting yourself, and your equipment, seeing others do things in a way you can’t manage. You start losing confidence, you need more power, more spin, more control, less slips, tighter serves… time for something new.

Table tennis. It does not escape the human condition, however great it may be.

It happens very often like that, but its a general situation common to standard equipment chaotic EJing.
Hankering a worship in the tools of the Masters is more like a snobbery fetichisme.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[quote="ProTT owner Mr. Nobody " ]
Blue sponge has limited service life. In general, its service period is shorter than orange ones, especially for those rackets that had more explosive power and experienced many pwerful strikes. In this situation, you may find air bubble appear depends on the individual experiences related to its hitting power and using frequency. Some may occur after using for 1 or 2 years, others may occur just 1 week later after he uses it. Therefore, please purchase the product according to your own situation and we will take no responsibility for anything about the bubble. Thanks for your understanding! [/quote]

201510190502426357.jpg

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
National Tenergy ? Yeah. Right.

This user has no status.
I think prott gets bad rep because of a bunch of non standard items and rubbers they sell which are supposedly from pros and people don't believe they are legit. I personally don't care for those and only buy the standard equipment from large brands. I purchased my Dignics from there and my experience was positive. I'm comfortable because they accept PayPal which has a solid buyer protection policy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
National Tenergy ? Yeah. Right.

you probably never tried tenergy or any rubber from sponsored players, unfortunatelly that rubbers are much better than we can buy from regular stores.

I always feel ripped of when I buy tenergy from local dealer store, that rubbers are much lower quality that those I buy from sponsored player

Last edited:
Bumping this thread because I’m considering placing an order. Not on their national or used stuff so I’m not worried about that. What about the legitimacy of some of their other stuff? Paddle cases, balls, shirts, etc. I’ve ordering li-Ning shirts from eBay before and I’m 99% positive they’re fakes but they’ve held up fine. I’m more concerned about shipping times and customer service.