Is prott.vip genuine?

This user has no status.
I purchased the Stiga Dynasty Cpen blade when released. It was much cheaper than at other websites. The blade is genuine, but it felt too heavy for me. I then purchased a butterfly viscaria Cpen blade which is not offered at the official US butterfly website and it was also genuine. The viscaria cpen was only 78g and it feels perfect.

I also purhased two Li Ning 1790 shirts with the Chinese flag logo. The logo fell off the same day, but the shirt feels great.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
you probably never tried tenergy or any rubber from sponsored players, unfortunatelly that rubbers are much better than we can buy from regular stores.

I always feel ripped of when I buy tenergy from local dealer store, that rubbers are much lower quality that those I buy from sponsored player

I actually have (I hit with T05 on the blade of the US champion at the time, who lived in my city, and who I have known since he was a little kid). Also we use the same kind of blade. The result? It played like mine.

Be wary of extraordinary claims.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I actually have (I hit with T05 on the blade of the US champion at the time, who lived in my city, and who I have known since he was a little kid). Also we use the same kind of blade. The result? It played like mine.

This can be true.... But is usa champion interesting enough for butterfly to made a custom rubbers for him

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Maybe not. I have no way of knowing. The thought has crossed my mind as I wrote that.

But in that case what are the odds that a guy who runs some website in China has access to the special rubbers, (which are made in Japan); enough of them that he can sell them online?

Or is it more likely that he is taking advantage of people who just want to believe that if they only had access to some special, magical, dare I say NATIONAL version of T05, that THEN they would play better?

And blades too.

I know what I think. But feel free to send him your money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Opinari and langel
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i understand what you mean .... i did catch him on selling fake rubber ( H8 national red with blue sponge) , but still im buying from him Tg2 national or provincial and i`m satisfied ... it all depends on type of rubber and trust . it is not all black and white ... for clothes for example all are saying it i not original but all are satisfied with the quality .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I'm always sceptical about nationals versions, even from official DHS online shop or retailers to be honest.

But what about the provincial versions of DHS Hurricane? What's the probabilty that these are the real deal?
Is the orange sponge version more probalbe to be genuine than the blue sponge version?

Because the price of US$40 for a DHS Hurricane NEO with blue sponge is the cheapest I've found.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Unauthorized National and Pro versions of rubbers in the hands of AMATEURS !!!???

We cannot have that... send out the GOON SQUAD !!! (so said CEOs of TT equipment companies to protect their big money interests)

On a TTD thread very similar to this long, long ago, the GOON SQUAD was born and has evolved over the years.

Somewhere in New York City, UpsideDownCarl just finished stacking a pile of fake National Hurricane and Pro versions of T-Energies rubbers just beyond a certain trap door to bring the Goon Squad running. Carl is accross the steet upstairs in Stakeout Site #6 looking out the windows, tracking the Goonies all the way to the target.

As insurance, he gave some cash for a well dressed lady wearing a miniskirt to pose between the entry door to crack house #13 and the trap door to ensure the jokers are lured to the trap door "Drop Zone" that Carl would trigger using hiz Spy-Phone.... thus sending the bungling, helpless Goon Squad sliding down a chute for a one week stay in the dark, London Sewer Rat infested basement septic

If somehow the Goonies get wise to Carl's ways and chase him in hot pursuit, Carl would contact me with his location and movement vector, si I could send a stream of pee from California like a High Arching Loop to "Rain Down on the Enemy" chasing Carl.

Sometimes, the Goonies get too close to Carl, so I have him hot-foot it to the Brooklyn Bridge, where there is another trap door prepared to drop them into the cold water below to cool off the hot pursuit. We incentivize them to get to the "Drop Zone" by placing a Rare Pikachu in Pokémon Go in just the right time and correct grid coordinate.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
i understand what you mean .... i did catch him on selling fake rubber ( H8 national red with blue sponge) , but still im buying from him Tg2 national or provincial and i`m satisfied ... it all depends on type of rubber and trust . it is not all black and white ... for clothes for example all are saying it i not original but all are satisfied with the quality .

I am sure some of what he sells is ok and in the case of DHS it seems they make many variants. I've never played with their rubbers but all the sponge colors etc.. But if someone offers unicorns (from Butterfly) and I buy one I shouldn't be surprised if what I receive turns out to not actually be a unicorn. Especially if we know that he has sold fake dragons in the past.

As a rule, dont pay hundreds of US dollars for possible unicorns. 20 or 30 bucks? Sure take a shot.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte non-legal Opinion:

- TT EJs who have piles of cash burning ahole in the pants so bad it makes them wanna pee.... they can spend it on anu TT gear... whether it helps them play better or not

- Spending money on mythical TT gear is designed to make the TT EJer who is no less a pile of cash feel better, even if it doesn't make him/her/it play better.

- If a TT EJer spends said pile(s) of cash, received said goods, and is highly disappointed with them, that TT EJer has a right to Cry a River and get hiz Genuine Unicorn... yeah, right.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I am sure some of what he sells is ok and in the case of DHS it seems they make many variants. I've never played with their rubbers but all the sponge colors etc.. But if someone offers unicorns (from Butterfly) and I buy one I shouldn't be surprised if what I receive turns out to not actually be a unicorn. Especially if we know that he has sold fake dragons in the past.

As a rule, dont pay hundreds of US dollars for possible unicorns. 20 or 30 bucks? Sure take a shot.

i get it that it is suspicious ... hard to tell if it genuine .. this is why i do not buy personal or to much overpriced rubbers . But tg2 national and or provincial i can`t get in any other place .. and i can tell for sure all of them have been great ... and still i didn`t test all of the rubbers he sell, but for example dignics 05 he is selling with lover price then i can buy here in local store, i bought this rubber in my local store, because i can trust it more and still the price is no such as big difference .

Last edited:
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
The one thing that is a head-scratcher for me is the difference of prices for the provincial H3s.

In tt11 a provincial h3 blue is 60 euro.

In prott is $36 ~ 32 euro.

The difference is pretty much double. Kind of leaves me with the same feeling as those "too good" tenergies on aliexpress. But on the other hand, prott's price is closer to the market price for the rubber in the chinese market from what I've heard. So I don't know.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I wouldn't know much about a DHS rubber if it appeared on my dinner plate and told me its life history with an Australian accent.

But I dont believe about 99% of conspiracy theories I see on TT forums about Btfly stuff, especially about Tenergy 05. Of course I've been wrong about stuff before. Still, and without getting specific, some stuff I see on forums doesnt even rise to the level of being wrong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
The one thing that is a head-scratcher for me is the difference of prices for the provincial H3s.

That's also what I was thinking. Although the price for the blue sponge on prott.cc is 40 not 36 $. The orange sponge is only 36.

Jul 2019
That's also what I was thinking. Although the price for the blue sponge on prott.cc is 40 not 36 $. The orange sponge is only 36.

blue.jpg

Is this not h3 blue ? I am confused.

I wouldn't know much about a DHS rubber if it appeared on my dinner plate and told me its life history with an Australian accent.

But you would have one hell of a story to tell, not that anyone would believe it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

Butterfly won't make custom rubbers for the US champion, they will make custom rubbers for the top japanese and Chinese players (since they are not only willing to pay, but are also the top players in the world, probably having some kind of deal) as well as their best performing players like maybe timo boll.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Butterfly won't make custom rubbers for the US champion, they will make custom rubbers for the top japanese and Chinese players (since they are not only willing to pay, but are also the top players in the world, probably having some kind of deal) as well as their best performing players like maybe timo boll.

Could be. You must work for Butterfly to be so sure. But ok, let's go with that.

So then how does this guy running a website in China get his hands on it (bearing in mind that we already know for sure some stuff he sells is fake)?

Also I was responding to some guy from UK who said it I had ever played with the T05 of a sponsored player I would know. It turns out that I have. Somehow I doubt this UK TTD member had access to some of Timo's rubber. But maybe he does. Lets go with that. Still doesnt mean this website claiming to sell "national" Tenergy is fully legit.

But hey, go ahead and buy it from prott.vip. I'm sure it will raise your level 200 rating points and you'll be both a pro and a v.i.p.

Last edited:
Reactions: Opinari
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Could be. You must work for Butterfly to be so sure. But ok, let's go with that.

So then how does this guy running a website in China get his hands on it (bearing in mind that we already know for sure some stuff he sells is fake)?

Also I was responding to some guy from UK who said it I had ever played with the T05 of a sponsored player I would know. It turns out that I have. Somehow I doubt this UK TTD member had access to some of Timo's rubber. But maybe he does. Lets go with that. Still doesnt mean this website claiming to sell "national" Tenergy is fully legit.

But hey, go ahead and buy it from prott.vip. I'm sure it will raise your level 200 rating points and you'll be both a pro and a v.i.p.

ok bud. I'm just saying that the best players in the world definitely have higher quality and more personalized rubbers and other equipment. Its just common sense.
In my opinion, unless you are top 100 or something like that, you don't need the best of the best to win. I would never buy "professional" equipment but I know people that can get them for me. I'm not saying buy these rubbers from Prott, whether it is real or not I don't know and I wouldn't run the risk for something I wouldn't need. There are definately ways for people to get "pro" equipment however.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

my experience is different from yours..

For other example, this is rubbers I got, Tibhar mxp 52.5 and 55
Tibhar sponsored players have option to choose hardness for a long time, and you have option from just recently to buy mxp50.

bearing in mind that we already know for sure some stuff he sells is fake?

Can you point some reference for this, my table tennis community buys there a pretty often so we can avoid problems

Last edited:
This user has no status.

The difference is pretty much double. Kind of leaves me with the same feeling as those "too good" tenergies on aliexpress. But on the other hand, prott's price is closer to the market price for the rubber in the chinese market from what I've heard. So I don't know.

Example
suppose the purchase is 22 - 25 €
this price does not include shipping, customs and VAT.
suppose the seller has a margin of at least 100%
final price is:
22 - 25 € + shipping + duty + 100% margin * 20% VAT
the final price could be 56-64 €