How an inverted setup works : explanation by Stefan Feth

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Came across this wonderful but simple explanation on how a regular inverted setup works by the US National team coach Stefan Feth ... thought this might help answer a lot of questions a lot of people have when they come to the forum ...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fbowmarsports%2Fposts%2F10157148785957638&width=500" width="500" height="492" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You are welcome sspark80 , glad you found it helpful .. that was my intention .. especially he explained very well all the different components, sponge thickness, blade flex and dwell time ... we have spent hours fighting over each individual opinion , its refreshing to hear it from an elite level player and coach and should put a lot of doubters to rest
That was a very helpful article. Thanks for sharing, ttmonster.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
You are welcome sspark80 , glad you found it helpful .. that was my intention .. especially he explained very well all the different components, sponge thickness, blade flex and dwell time ... we have spent hours fighting over each individual opinion , its refreshing to hear it from an elite level player and coach and should put a lot of doubters to rest

Somehow I doubt this will happen :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
The hyperbolic examples, such as paddle with glue and paddle like a cannon, or the paper thin sponge vs the foot thick sponge, really help you not only conceptualize the principles, but also recall the correct behavior for given scenarios.

It becomes more about intuition and less about memorization.

Reactions: ttmonster