Has anyone tried to figure out the weight of the glue?

Ok, I'm ready to give advices for free. Sending contacts to you with PM.
Yet I'm not a genius and I don't want to be. If you feel you are, let it be, no offence.
And a coach in the club is always ready to glue for free, multilayer too if there is a good reason, so wellcome.

For some reasons I can't send you a PM.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
so you choose to give credit to someone who is sitting behind a fake alias, and don't give credit to guys who sacrifice they own name as a public figure?
geez, you sure can't please anyone.

Fine, you know a lot of people. I don't doubt it. Just by itself it doesn't really mean too much, at least if you are only trying to say that you have a higher value because of using a real name vs. a nick name. Actually, there is no problem for me to give you my real contact information. Heck, I probably would be better off with asking a mod for a nick change here ;) But I surely think that your knowledge and connections could be of help. I have a suggestion (at the end).

Well, if you believe me. I have probably tried most of the glue brands out there.
Some brands tell you 1 layer, some tell you 2 layer (and if you guys want to say those brands are wrong, then you must replace them)
I am also in a position to try lots of rubbers (I get samples from different brands)
I will not comment on what is the best glue I like, but in the past, I also use 1 layer in the past until one of my mentors told me to have a better bond and performance of ESN/Tensor rubbers with thin glue to use 2 layers.

Heck, please tell me (langel, whocarez), how that ultra thin 2nd layer will make the rubber perform worse?
I would say 1 thick layer is still thicker than 2 thin layers.....
Ok, let's say that it is about a better bond with multiple layers of glue type A. If I get a good bond with one layer glue of type B, then why would I waste my time on A? Using the 1 layer glue would save me weight too, but I do not care much about the weight. Sure, I doubt that using two layers on the rubber gives worse performance, but I am still very much in doubt if it gives you any better performance.

And this is not for adding weight or speed. But just because the thinner glue dries more into pores and not surface, the 2nd layer gives it a better bond. I'm not sure why I need to reply myself here, and I'm sure not here to change your mind but to answer your question....

If you feel this extra layer (both side) is adding weight by 1 gram to 2 gram... then I can't argue against you. and to make it extra clear...adding weight is not the reasoning
This is fine! :D If this is all about that some glues require two layers in order for your rubber to stay on, then great. It would actually be easier to follow your reasoning if you just stated so in the beginning, without real name vs. nickname, name dropping, status and connections.

Official documentation. Do you really believe in "official". Do you really believe that Butterfly says Timo Boll uses "regular" commericial Tenergy rubbers????
Please don't be naive. I'm sure you know by now that a lot of "secrets" are out there and cannot be announced officially.
If I buy a T05, will 15 layers of glue enhance its performance? I'll probably be better off with boosting to feel any difference, and many pros do it, don't they? Any other secrets? I could buy some 2.0 rubbers and boost them instead, if it was all about thickness and staying withing 4mm.

1 glue layer, 2 glue layer, it all works
HECK, i'm not here to convince your or Langel to add 1 more layer, I am RESPONDING to OP and giving him the weight as per the OP....
Why the hell am I wasting so much unnecessary time
And why are you guys trying to convince everyone to go your method?
Whole world is wrong, Carl is wrong, Chinese coaches are wrong, only Langel and Whocarez are right??
Who are you guys, please advertise and tell me.... if you afraid do go public, you can email me on [email protected]
I really love the whole world analogy ;) I am not saying that you should never use multiple layers of glue. If some glues require it for not accidentally smacking a rubber in the face of your opponent, then that's a good reason.

Yeah, I know what you are saying
Boosting is one thing
adding more glue to your "effect" is one thing
but what I am saying is more about the bond. And i have tested it before (put same rubber, 1 layer vs layer and then take off the rubber after a day)

never the less, when I'm back in the east and visiting training halls with world top players.
Some does just put 1 layer on for training - no time to waste and they have unlimited rubbers to change.
They do a rough job of gluing and a rougher job of cutting (for training)
And these are the non booster players.

I actually want to see Whocarez and Langel go to these "successors (when compared to your average forum professor)" who put more than 1 layer on (non boosting) and teach them that it will make the performance of rubber drop or there is they are doing it against official videos....
I would rather say, his/her rubber is better than the shops.... but heck, what do I know hey

Don't be rude. Who said something about a performance drop with extra layers? It is actually a good idea to challenge a mindset, no matter if someone is a pro, has a PhD or whatever the status is. You would actually be surprised how many people with PhDs are narrow-minded and concerned about telling you that their way of thinking or solving a problem is the right one. Being able to think for yourself and asking questions about the provided information is not a bad thing.

I am only questioning if there is a benefit in performance from adding several layers of glue, not bonding. I see it is mentioned that it can make the setup more elastic or responsive, maybe it is true. For the moment I really doubt it. I would never be able to feel the difference between 1 or 2 layers of glue. But then again, I am an amateur. So here is a suggestion:

Do a blind test with exactly the same setup. With all your connections and access to glues, secret rubbers, coaches, mentors and pros it should be possible to test this thoroughly. Maybe even make it statistically significant ;) For the fun of it, would be cool if Dan and Tom did a test.

But for now, this is glue layer discussion is exhausting. I am done with it ;)

I use 2 layers of glue on rubber, 1 on blade. Reason is exactly like Tony said; 1 layer is just enough to absorb into the porous sponge. I did try 1 layer on rubber only before (well I am minimalist so I wanted to save money) but result was not consistent.

Ok, its your way, no offence.

But you see - Xiom tensors are very porous, and some of them are even more porous. Still I've never had problems with 1 layer on the sponge.
As I said above I don't think I'm a genius, but you guys make me start to think that I'm really a glue-job master.
:rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Isn't this getting a bit old? Tony has answered the OPs question about the weight. Some of us thinks that 1+1 layer is ok and some believes that 1+2/2+2/2+6/etc is needed/better. Lets agree to disagree.

A more useful topic would be how to glue OX pips as this is a true ninja skill that's not being discussed enough.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Isn't this getting a bit old? Tony has answered the OPs question about the weight. Some of us thinks that 1+1 layer is ok and some believes that 1+2/2+2/2+6/etc is needed/better. Lets agree to disagree.

A more useful topic would be how to glue OX pips as this is a true ninja skill that's not being discussed enough.

The problem is some guys want to change other guys.
I guess the term "agree to disagree" should of come in earlier
End of discussion for sure, the thread is about weight. I wonder if every one commented so much really contributed to OP's question...

for Ox, use gluesheet
make life so much easier :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
End of discussion for sure, the thread is about weight. I wonder if every one commented so much really contributed to OP's question...

for Ox, use gluesheet

It took me a while to learn how to glue OX without gluesheet. Instead of applying the rubber onto the blade, pressing the blade onto the rubber. This works >95% of the time. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It took me a while to learn how to glue OX without gluesheet. Instead of applying the rubber onto the blade, pressing the blade onto the rubber. This works >95% of the time. :)

unique method
how would you see/aim if you are gluing the blade to the rubber centrally?

will pimple, using glue sheet or glue, I would go from handle upwards and make sure there is no bubbles. I don't think that is possible if you do blade to rubber - since you can't bend blade, but you can bend rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
unique method
how would you see/aim if you are gluing the blade to the rubber centrally?

will pimple, using glue sheet or glue, I would go from handle upwards and make sure there is no bubbles. I don't think that is possible if you do blade to rubber - since you can't bend blade, but you can bend rubber

This technique works for new rubber (and used as well if paying more attention.

Make sure the rubber lie flat on a flat surface. Tape the corners so that less chance for the sheet to move around. If needed align the rubber with marked lines on a piece of paper. Put one or 2 layers on the rubber, 1 on the racket. Wait until they dry then use put the racket on. Use the marked lines to align (I don't need them). Then cut ...

Since the 2 surfaces are flat there is very little chance that the rubber will crumble if you apply the rubber to the racket.

I know this thread is derailed but WTH... :D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

for Ox, use gluesheet

YUp. Some OX sheet come with an included glue sheet just for that purpose.

But what the heck... it is such fun to rise to the man-challenge of successfully orchestrating the sync of movement to roll on a perfect glue job on OX... it is a siren call for some.

Two days ago, thanks to this thread and thanks to the fact i have some spare blades and old sheets of rubbers, I decided to boost and glue. I've boosted two sheets of old Xiom Omega V Tour and two sheets of Omega V Asia, every sheet with 3 layers of Falco Long. Sheets curled as cursed. The tours I glued immediately after cursing/curling, the Asia after a day when they started to feel ust not so tense but still cursed/curled. All with One/1 layer of glue. Perfectly stunk. Just don't fit because have expanded. Am I really a glue-job genius?
If you have the chanse to visit the town of Varna, Bulgaria, you may PM me and I may show you how its done.
Happy comming Cristmas and NY /new year, in new york too, as well in york, and more especially to those with york chocolate cats/ :cool:

This user has no status.
There is no right answer guys stop arguing.
I use 1+1 on my current blade and koto topped blades. Sometimes I use 1+2 on hinoki or a sealed blade because it's smoother.
But it's important to remember I use undiluted copydex which is super viscous.
Like it honestly depends on your blade and your sponge and your glue all those factors as well as sealing
But generally 1 glue layer is 3-5g with copydex
So 6-15g depending on blade size and layer amount.
Also worth remembering Tony needs his stuff to stick like he says. I reglue every third time because the 1+1 was a bit thin and I do a thicker layer. Can you imagine a shop getting a reputation for glue jobs peeling. Nah son