Has anyone tried to figure out the weight of the glue?

you suggested maybe you will ask admin to change your name, I'm still awaiting, or have you chicken out??
And I just saw your big post with all questions. my answers are all typed in earlier, not sure why you read some and missed some. I really don't need to quote my quotes

if you read correctly, you can see langel is trying to teach me, and trying to get me to get my mentor to rethink
Don' you think that is rude of him?
At first I was being polite, but then he just continued as a troll

he sent me an email with his name, which club he belongs to, and his hours of gluing service
what a cheek, he still think he is a gluing master....
I guess if he really think he is a gluing master, he should share photos, videos, start youtube channel and add value to the TT community and lets his action do the talking, not his alias mouth.

Any ways, these "PHD" forummers with no credibity are really "completely delusional and small minded" as someone else pointed out.
Yes, my mentors taught me what I know. I also adapt with the trend of technology and equipment enhancements, I am not forcing my views to anyone, but rather receiving non stop trolling that I am doing a bad job for thousands of bats in my shops career and that my mentors (some who are world top 10 players) all must rethink....
If I want to use my mentors to shut langel up, I would just have quoted the names of who said what. But i'm not here to do this, but merely point out, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat and langel and who ever else must not be naive to think that there is only 1 way

Noone here has been rude, but You, Tony, even arrogant!

Mind your words.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
you suggested maybe you will ask admin to change your name, I'm still awaiting, or have you chicken out??
And I just saw your big post with all questions. my answers are all typed in earlier, not sure why you read some and missed some. I really don't need to quote my quotes

if you read correctly, you can see langel is trying to teach me, and trying to get me to get my mentor to rethink
Don' you think that is rude of him?
At first I was being polite, but then he just continued as a troll
Somewhere, at the beginning of the thread you said that you used two layers for a better bond. I have no issues with that, if this works for you, then go for it! I have even commented on it several times. The only thing I questioned was how it can result in better performance, and I still question that part. If you interpreted it as an attempt to force an opionion on you, then I am sorry about that. But TBH, I do not care anymore. You wrote it yourself, how can multiple layers make the performance worse? ;)

I believe you take this issue far to personally. Even if you are an authority on something, I still find it reasonable to ask questions. My impression is that you get a bit arrogant once someone asks about your methods in more detail. I was more or less done with this derailed thread, but you continued to call out that strangers try to change your methods, accuse you of doing a "bad job" (maybe this was the case by someone else, I really do not know), the opinions are against the world, that some are "PHD" forummers with no credibility, you keep nagging about a nick name change etc.

People use nicknames all over the place, it does not make them worthless and open to public shaming. I have no intention of using my full name here, especially now that I see that it might be called out all the time when someone disagrees for no reason. That is my choice. I requested a nick name change several days ago.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think the number is around 100.

It was 60 something when I got back into the TT scene with my project in 2012.
I recall Larry did an article back them to state the qualifications of a "full time club" requires opening min 5 days a week, has X amount of tables and hire min 1 x full time coach. That article listed 60 something clubs

Maybe I should do better research on a more exact number... I am going with my feeling just as if someone asked me right there. There could be more... there are several new clubs every year. Heck, where I live in Sacramento there were TWO clubs opened in the last 1-2 years, both full time, both have full time coaches... but where are all the kids?

Answer is they are in larger cities. Sure, the Sac metro are is 2.5 million plus... but it is so spread out and all the foreigners who have a lot of money live 2 hours to the west where all the tech companies are... not to say there are NOT rich families with a propensity to spend on kids' TT, but not enough to sustain even one club at the number they are coming out...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sorry Carl,

I saw this one and couldn't help myself.

carl red dot.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Maybe I should do better research on a more exact number... I am going with my feeling just as if someone asked me right there. There could be more... there are several new clubs every year. Heck, where I live in Sacramento there were TWO clubs opened in the last 1-2 years, both full time, both have full time coaches... but where are all the kids?

Answer is they are in larger cities. Sure, the Sac metro are is 2.5 million plus... but it is so spread out and all the foreigners who have a lot of money live 2 hours to the west where all the tech companies are... not to say there are NOT rich families with a propensity to spend on kids' TT, but not enough to sustain even one club at the number they are coming out...

yeah, 100 or 100 and something is a lot from where USA came from 20 years back
But since it is so big, on the bigger scale of things, I think majority of clubs are located in few cities only - therefore population coverage is minimal - which doesn't help the great picture

Wang Chen is opening a few on the east cost if I recall
My American geography isn't great, but I think half the states still don't have proper full time centres

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nope tony, they don't. Still many states where there are only a couple or three registered clubs with USATT... and in a lot of places, those are not so many tables in a school or church or community center space rented out for a few hours 1-2 times a week. In many areas of USA, if you were to fall out of an airplane conveniently into an open convertible car with keys and a full tank of petrol... you might run out of petrol before you make it to a full time TT club.

Until a lot more foreigners started to move to USA cities to work in Facebook and such places in big cities, the number of full time clubs open every day or close you could count them on a single hand not so long ago.

The number I had said was hardcore training centers, not full time clubs.

Sacramento, CA where I live has two full time TT clubs open at the moment... they have coaches... but are not hardcore training centers... there is not yet a lot of kids/adults training and achieving. Both of these places have the capacity to handle multiple coaches and many kids/adults... heck, the club where I am a member built upstairs quarters in the club for high level coaches (that neve came) (because there were not many kids to train) (so they could not really even make any money to eat)

60 might be overstating it, but I think it is close.

As for just full time clubs that have either training or open play or leagues and are open at least 6 days a week for more than 6 hours... I think we definitely have more than a 100 of those in USA.

If we look at who is seriously training for Table Tennis, you will easily see 80% + of the ones training and growing level are 1st or 2nd generation foreigners.

I am not griping about this, I am pretty grateful for this. If it wasn't for huge influx of foreigners, I would have to go to some real serious extremes to play the sport I love at any level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nope tony, they don't. Still many states where there are only a couple or three registered clubs with USATT... and in a lot of places, those are not so many tables in a school or church or community center space rented out for a few hours 1-2 times a week. In many areas of USA, if you were to fall out of an airplane conveniently into an open convertible car with keys and a full tank of petrol... you might run out of petrol before you make it to a full time TT club.

Until a lot more foreigners started to move to USA cities to work in Facebook and such places in big cities, the number of full time clubs open every day or close you could count them on a single hand not so long ago.

The number I had said was hardcore training centers, not full time clubs.

Sacramento, CA where I live has two full time TT clubs open at the moment... they have coaches... but are not hardcore training centers... there is not yet a lot of kids/adults training and achieving. Both of these places have the capacity to handle multiple coaches and many kids/adults... heck, the club where I am a member built upstairs quarters in the club for high level coaches (that neve came) (because there were not many kids to train) (so they could not really even make any money to eat)

60 might be overstating it, but I think it is close.

As for just full time clubs that have either training or open play or leagues and are open at least 6 days a week for more than 6 hours... I think we definitely have more than a 100 of those in USA.

If we look at who is seriously training for Table Tennis, you will easily see 80% + of the ones training and growing level are 1st or 2nd generation foreigners.

I am not griping about this, I am pretty grateful for this. If it wasn't for huge influx of foreigners, I would have to go to some real serious extremes to play the sport I love at any level.

USA is a big country, its like almost the size of Europe. and yeah, you need TT in schools and clubs in easy reachable locations.
One of my students went to US on an exchange student program. Nearest club was 1.5hour car ride (one way)
She hardly played any TT for 1 year...

Btw,from what I see, you guys are all foreigners
Its either 1st or 2nd gen foreigners
or 20th to 30th gen foreigners
:cool:

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tony, for most of my adult life, I was the foreigner living not in the country I was born... and for many Americans the "foreign" situation is a pretty damned shame. Many (not all, but majority) Americans will be very quick to belittle or mistreat any foreigner who does not speak English using the words the way we do and pronounce the way we do or if they struggle... look out, you know what teasing is coming.

Yet, when an American goes outside of USA, usually, the American will demand everyone speak English, pout when they don't, will not make any effort or commitment to learn the language where they happen to be, have no respect for the ways of the land... you get it. Americans turn into even more of an azz that they already were... and make that 100x an azz if the place they are in is economically less developed than USA.

Not everyone is like this, but majority are like this and openly display these attitudes. it is a shame, but the best I can do about it to do right myself and be respectful.

As for the foreigners who come to USA to live and build families... the first generation is usually too old adapt easily... but the generation born in USA are almost instantly American culturized... 90% plus of the 2nd generation could not go to a restaurant from their country and order in their language to avoid starving... almost all their exposure for language is English (school, music, books, TV, Movies, Vids, Friends, Shopping) so they fail to learn to function in their parents' languages... then the 1st generation (not parents, but everyone else in that ethnic community) hangs the "un-pure" label on the 2nd generation.

This puts 2nd generation in a tough spot. They have youth and the inherent resiliency going for them, but sometimes that isn't enough.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Guess what showed up in my FB memory today from 2013:

Larry Hodges (USA):
"I've said this before, and I'll say it again: the current level of play at the cadet level (under 15) is the best in our history, and it's not even close. The depth is unbelievable. The rise of full-time training centers with junior programs is the reason for this - we've gone from about ten to 65 in seven years. Kanak Jha, 13, who made the semifinals of Men's Singles, leads the pack on the boys' side, while several battle for that title on the girls' side (including 11-year-old Crystal Wang from my club, who won Under 21 Women), but there's a lot of them in the pack. Only time will tell who will rise to the top."

I wonder if Larry still tracks the full time centres today - I will check

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
http://www.tabletenniscoaching.com/full-time_table-tennis_clubs_usa
Current Count: 94 in 24 states and DC
Last update: Nov. 5, 2018

getting close to the 100/magic mark
anyways, I will put this in the other thread about "Why China is good" or rather what the other countries are doing to catch up.

Not so many forum PHD members giving insights there
I think we have more equipment PHD members, and less real life table tennis PHD members

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The two clubs in my city would qualify for Larry's list, but are not hardcore clubs... not enough kids taking lessons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is it few kids playing? In our club We have No problem at all to get kids to play. We have more problem keeping them when they become 15 and older.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
No doubt Lula... but you gotta come here and open a club to really know... and this is a 2.5 million population metro area...

You ought to try opening a club in a 100,000 population city. You could very well be the only TT player in the entire city and 50 mm outside it.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Getting the average parent to buy club membership and spend 40 to 60 usd per hour on lessons would get them declared insane at most places...

But if you calculate what they spend on their kids game gear and video games, the number could be so staggering to commit them to an asylum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yeah, i understand that there are not so many better older players everywhere in the US since i think the tabletennis culture is not so good.

But i have a harder time to understand how it can be so hard to get kids to start to play since there are so many people. Are not the coaches in Schools and show up the sport? And are not the clubs donating lika outdoor tables to schools? And promoting the sport on other events. We have so smaller population But still get alot of kids to start to play, so We must doing something correct But Maybe it is that the sport is more wellknown here.

Any ideas how to get older kids to keep on playing? When i was a teenager like ten years ago there were alot more older kids playing. Nowadays it is not soo good.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
No doubt Lula... but you gotta come here and open a club to really know... and this is a 2.5 million population metro area...

You ought to try opening a club in a 100,000 population city. You could very well be the only TT player in the entire city and 50 mm outside it.

I'm quite certain that the city where Lula coaches has way less than a population of 100k :D

Personally: I find it really strange to charge kids for training but that's a cultural thing. Our entire system (applies to all sports) is based on adults providing their services pretty much free of charge for the greater good. It's not impossible to recruit good coaches since they received the same type of service in their childhood. Karma. They may get some kind of symbolic pay from the club but it's really small. Some clubs will have full time coaches but this is not the norm.

Reactions: Suga D and Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
But i thought allt of these clubs had organized training? So they Do not need to pay for private Lessons. That was really expensive. But the club membership can not be so much can it?

We have one of the biggest youth and junior competition in the world in my city so We have pretty low membership fee i think due to the income from it. Maybe 70 dollars per season so Maybe it is way We get alot of kids, good dal for the parents.