Has anyone tried to figure out the weight of the glue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I'm quite certain that the city where Lula coaches has way less than a population of 100k :D

Personally: I find it really strange to charge kids for training but that's a cultural thing. Our entire system (applies to all sports) is based on adults providing their services pretty much free of charge for the greater good. It's not impossible to recruit good coaches since they received the same type of service in their childhood. Karma. They may get some kind of symbolic pay from the club but it's really small. Some clubs will have full time coaches but this is not the norm.

I think the clubs need to charge the players to be able to survive and to be able to keep coaches. I like how you think But i Do not think alot of people would Do it completely for free. I would almost Do it for free since it is really fun when people listen, fight hard and try to develop But it is also very hard mentally to be a coach i think, like other teaching professions. I feel that it is sometimes hard since i almost want more than the players and they Do not listen or fight well. If is is like that our a long time it is difficult as a coach to keep up the good work or even continuing being a coach. It would ve fun to try to coach kids in a club where they want a little a more. It is really fun to help people that wants to learn. I feel that is is the most fun to help adults, they appreciate the help more since they Do not get so much help and are not used to the attention.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Yesterday got new blade, rubbers and Revolution #3 glue medium viscosity... The blade and rubbers are the same as my main racket, witch I glued with Neotec glue (1 layer on blade, 1 layer on rubber)... So assembled "new" racket, glued it with Revolution #3 glue (according to what written on it, I put 1 layer on blade and 2 layers on rubber), I didn't have scales yesterday, but I had a feeling that my new racket weihts more than old racket, the balance also different, the "new" racked have weight centre more to the head of the blade, then "old" racket... Today I got scales, so the "new" racket is really heavier than "old" racket, but sadly I'm not sure is it because of glue, or maybe weight of blade/rubbers is so much different, I'm not interested enough to reassemble the racket and get weight of all components separently, but still I feel that glue is affecting weight in some way, mostly because of the balance change...

IMG_20190521_092950.jpgIMG_20190521_093013.jpg

This user has no status.
Happened to do the measuring yesterday and saw this old post,
You can say around 2g on the rubber sheet and 1g on the wood, that makes and average of 3g per side and 6g total

So I assembled my new paddle yesterday.

Measured just about everything. Here are the numbers:

Blade 89g
FH rubber 67 uncut
BH rubber 69 uncut

So I glued FH rubber 1st. Total paddle weight 139g. Weight of cut off part 20g

BH rubber glued on, Total weight 191. Weight of cut off part 21g.

89+47(67-20)+48(69-21)=184. 7 grams of glue used? Isn't that a lot?

Lets say there is 1 gram of glue on the cut off part. That would be 89+48+49=186. 5 grams of glue used in this case.

Is 5-7 grams of glue on the paddle a lot? I used Revolution 3 glue, a few layers on both blade and rubber.

Is there a better glue that weights less?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yesterday got new blade, rubbers and Revolution #3 glue medium viscosity... The blade and rubbers are the same as my main racket, witch I glued with Neotec glue (1 layer on blade, 1 layer on rubber)... So assembled "new" racket, glued it with Revolution #3 glue (according to what written on it, I put 1 layer on blade and 2 layers on rubber), I didn't have scales yesterday, but I had a feeling that my new racket weihts more than old racket, the balance also different, the "new" racked have weight centre more to the head of the blade, then "old" racket... Today I got scales, so the "new" racket is really heavier than "old" racket, but sadly I'm not sure is it because of glue, or maybe weight of blade/rubbers is so much different, I'm not interested enough to reassemble the racket and get weight of all components separently, but still I feel that glue is affecting weight in some way, mostly because of the balance change...

View attachment 19159View attachment 19160

It is highly unlikely that the two blades weigh the same. It is very rare that two blades weigh the same. The weight of rubbers are also not entirely consistent.