Butterfly announces new Sping Sponge X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Rozena is dearer than any ESN rubber.

Sorry mate, but 1nce again i would have to disagree here. Maybe i could agree on the older ESN Generations, but their brandnew premium stuff isn´t too far off from BTY´s price tag. And if you can find the chance to purchase a Rozena from China or US you´d be in the price range of the older ESN generations.

So nah, can´t agree on this.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Sorry mate, but 1nce again i would have to disagree here. Maybe i could agree on the older ESN Generations, but their brandnew premium stuff isn´t too far off from BTY´s price tag. And if you can find the chance to purchase a Rozena from China or US you´d be in the price range of the older ESN generations.

True, probably. Unless your frame of reference for cheap vs. costly includes Palio, Friendship/729 and so on and the demarcation lies somewhere below €15/$20 a sheet.

Now Rozena can be had relatively affordable; $33 at ProTT. But they're only selling it in 2.1mm thick, I'm guessing due to low demand in their typical market for the less thicker offensive rubbers. Now I like Rozena at 2.1mm, but I like it at 1.9mm even more.

This user has no status.

So nah, can´t agree on this.

Where I am from Rozena is dearer than any ESN rubber especially given you can get discounts on ESN and never butterfly.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Where I am from Rozena is dearer than any ESN rubber especially given you can get discounts on ESN and never butterfly.

Probably depends on the discount.
I don't know where you're at, but over here for instance the Bluestorm Z1 is labeled with a price tag of €49.90 and Rozena is €44.00

If you get 10% it's still slightly above Rozena, if you get 20% then it's slightly below, but IMHO that's rather small potatoes and no major savings but every one might see things differently.

And as far as i know BTY do give small discounts for ordering in bulk, otherwise most shops wouldn't carry their items.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Butterfly's aggressive territorial restrictions make it very hard to compare prices. It gives rise to a pretty special case where the country in which you live can have a bigger influence on your perception of value-for-money than usual.

If you can get Rozena for the price that asian markets are charging, it's great. If you can't, it doesn't compare well to ESN rubbers which probably get regular discounts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Is Bluestorm Z1 close to Rozena in characteristics and performance?
Rhethorical question?
Which Donic tensor is closer to Rozena?
This question is interesting. I think this shows exactly what's happening.
As far as I can tell some companies are innovators and are setting trends for decades while others are rather following those trends but hardly manage to even come close.
There is a saying in Germany that goes pretty much like this:
"Warum soll ich zu Schmidtchen gehen, wenn ich zum Schmidt gehen kann?"
Ruff translation: why go to Smithly when one can go to Smith.

I think the meaning is quite clear.

My opinion might be quite exclusive but nevertheless THAT'S MY OPINION, i might change it when i feel the need, but for now there's not much convincing me.
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
Rhethorical question?

This question is interesting. I think this shows exactly what's happening.
As far as I can tell some companies are innovators and are setting trends for decades while others are rather following those trends but hardly manage to even come close.
There is a saying in Germany that goes pretty much like this:
"Warum soll ich zu Schmidtchen gehen, wenn ich zum Schmidt gehen kann?"
Ruff translation: why go to Smithly when one can go to Smith.

I think the meaning is quite clear.

My opinion might be quite exclusive but nevertheless THAT'S MY OPINION, i might change it when i feel the need, but for now there's not much convincing me.
[Emoji6]

No, my quesion is not rhethorical. I'm just not familiar with the Donic tensors and thats why I'm asking.
If I have to compare Rozena to Xiom tensors, it would be Vega Intro or Vega Europe, but not Omega 7 Asia.
Then, if I play with Omega 7 Asia, I would not go with Rozena even if it is cheaper. And I would stick to Omega 7 Asia or Tour if t05h is twice the price. Yet its just my opinion and I don't try to convince anyone. Just exchanging personal thoughts and experience.

Last edited:
I’m with Butterfly rubbers I love it and I can pay for it. Why should I change ?

Of course you don't have a reason to do that and its the same with many others.
For example almost every child in our club starts from the beginning with BTY blade and rubbers. The parents ask the coach which is the best and the answer is BTY, but its expensive. And parents always want the best for their child. So the children get used to what they use and continue to use it. Later they may change for two reasons - another sponsor, or money matters. Some players just want to play with whats most marketed or most prestigious, others try different equipment and choose what they feel the best, or what they can handle. No offence to any. Usually forums are used to get an informed choice and that is achieved by exchange of experience. Thats all.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I’m with Butterfly rubbers I love it and I can pay for it. Why should I change ?
vDKEYaQ.gif

I would never try to convince someone who has "burnt" his money for a well formulated reason.
But I can't stop smiling on casual players with no technique at all and who obviously even don't intend to develop in TT, ping-ponging once monthly, but pretending to play wiyh JM SZLS and T05 on it. Of course I don't beleive that there are such people here.

This user has no status.
I would never try to convince someone who has "burnt" his money for a well formulated reason.
But I can't stop smiling on casual players with no technique at all and who obviously even don't intend to develop in TT, ping-ponging once monthly, but pretending to play wiyh JM SZLS and T05 on it. Of course I don't beleive that there are such people here.

I know a guy with Jike ZLC and T05 who is fairly low standard player.