Score keeper app

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Which apps do you use to keep score if any while you play games and what features do you like about it? I use this one and I created it so I can view it on the giant iPad. It’s simple and does gestures for swiping up or down the points. Check it out and let me know what you think?

Ping Pong Playa
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ping-pong-playa/id1444569570?mt=8

This is how much I love playing ping pong. :) I wrote an app to track my wins so I don’t have to do it manually.

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
The idea is good, I tried writing one myself but didn't have the time to do it. I'd like to give some suggestions though. I like that you say you use a big iPad to display the score, which is good. But since the iPad will be facing towards the players or anyone who wishes to see it, the person who's keeping the score will have to turn it every time to change the score, this will become annoying after some time. What I suggest is you should make the app two-way sync via whatever method you think is easier for you to code, I'd suggest bluetooth since wifi isn't always available. And when I say two-way sync I mean you should have an option to have two devices displaying the same thing and if you change the scores on one of them, the other changes as well. This way, you can have you iPad display the scores to everyone, and use your other ios device to change the score. Or if you are up to it, the BEST way I see it going forward is to have 1 remote and two displays, since the screen of an ipad is still relatively small, so displaying two scores on one might seem too cramped. As seen in your app the set scores are really tiny on the corners. If you have the screen just showing one side of the score, you'll have lots more space to show the scores in proper size. Anyway, this is just some comments from a software engineer who likes table tennis.