Having trouble with Tibhar samsonov force Pro black edition Blade/evolution rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Hi Guys,

Im new to this website, just thought if someone could help me regarding the equipment im currently using.

Equipment:
Blade : Tibhar samsonov force pro black edition
Rubber fh : tibhar evolution MX-p
Rubber bh : tibhar evolution EL-s

after browsing through some videos and good reviews on the internet i had chosen to opt for this setup.Previously, i was using a Doni ultarsenso carbon blade with yasaka mark v on both sides.

The problem with the current setup im using are as below
Forehand MXP doesnt seem to be spinny at all and its hard to generate any amount of spin on the ball
Backhand EL S rubber seems to be spinny but has a very low arc and the blade speed doesnt help at all.

So could anyone of you suggest a good rubber on both sides for the above mentioned blade or is it time to change to a completely new setup.If so,Please suggest one.

Style of play
On the forehand, love to have those high spinny serves and topspin, loops
On the backhand, i prefer looping to flat hitting and high spin on them as well.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I had the same problem on my blade Avalox P700. tried with Yasaka Rakza 7 soft but i missed the power to finish the ball with loop speed and hitting.
Then ive changed my forehand to Xiom Omega 7 Euro in max.
And wow what a feeling i got now

This user has no status.
I can't see why you'd have any issue at all based on that set up, unless your technique is wrong or you got a bad batch of blade/rubber.

MX-P is a fairly hard rubber. Maybe play a few weeks and break in will help? Also, I'd imagine it'd be more difficult to serve a spinny ball with harder rubber unless you have a good handle on your wrist motion. Same for looping, need to train on that whipping speed so you can actively engaged the sponge of the hard rubber.

That's all I can think of. MX-P is quite an upgrade from Mark V, but it's a much more difficult rubber to control and fully take advantage of unless your skill is advanced to that point.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I agree with Vik2000's suggestion - my MX-P took a couple weeks to break in. At first, the topsheet felt slippery and didn't have much grip, but now it's really great and lets me pick heavy underspin off the table with my backhand flick. On FH, I find MX-P harder to control than Fastarc G-1, Rakza 7, Vega Pro...

I think your setup should be fine - just give it time!

This user has no status.
I use MX-P on forehand and EL-P on the backhand with Butterfly Garaydia zlc and I have massive top spins with the speed. Before I used Viscaria with the same setup and I was very happy with rubber performance, also Tibhar MX-P and EL-P last much longer than any Donic rubbers for sure. If I correctly remember your Tibhar Samsonov blade is very soft with lot of dwell time so you should have lot of spin produced with correct stroke.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
The faster your equipment is, the harder it is to spin the ball onto the table and you need to simply have better technique.
There's nothing wrong with your new equipment. You just took one of the fastest rubbers in existence for your forehand, and your new harder/faster blade will naturally have a lower throw angle than your old slower blade, so that effect is felt on the backhand as well (and compounded on the forehand).

I'd suggest to play with whatever equipment you find to be more fun to play with.

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you need to work on your technique. Accelerate with the forearm and wrist to brush on the ball and generate spin. Hold the racket loosely to be able to move the arm fast.

Regarding the equipment, mxp is faster than mark v so the ball Will leave the racket faster and Maybe this make it harder to generate spin. But i still think mxp would be very good for generating spin. It migth be easier with a dofter rubber, and the arch Will proably be higher.

If the med blade is harder and stiffer it Will also proably be harder to generate spin and get a high arch.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Guys,

Im new to this website, just thought if someone could help me regarding the equipment im currently using.

Equipment:
Blade : Tibhar samsonov force pro black edition
Rubber fh : tibhar evolution MX-p
Rubber bh : tibhar evolution EL-s

after browsing through some videos and good reviews on the internet i had chosen to opt for this setup.Previously, i was using a Doni ultarsenso carbon blade with yasaka mark v on both sides.

The problem with the current setup im using are as below
Forehand MXP doesnt seem to be spinny at all and its hard to generate any amount of spin on the ball.
Backhand EL S rubber seems to be spinny but has a very low arc and the blade speed doesnt help at all.

So could anyone of you suggest a good rubber on both sides for the above mentioned blade or is it time to change to a completely new setup.If so,Please suggest one.

Style of play
On the forehand, love to have those high spinny serves and topspin, loops
On the backhand, i prefer looping to flat hitting and high spin on them as well.

Thanks.

Hate to sound overly bold and cruel to a new member... but I gotta say it as it is... The BOLD text I made larger in the OP's original post pretty much says all we need to know.

If the rubber doesn't have 500 hours on it, ( I have 500 hr sheets I can still get heavy spin on) then one should be able to get very heavy spin from MX-P.

The issue with OP is one or both among basic whip mechanics and type of impact to produce spin. Maybe OP doesn't have much of a whip. Maybe OP really does have a good whip, but strikes the ball too solidly and center to produce a flat ball.

I see a LOT of RUSSIAN TT PLAYERS who learned by themselves who strike the ball this way. Many have a powerful stroke and serious bang impact, but they pretty much flat hit everything. They hit the center right behind the ball all the time and that doesn't bode well for spin... but wow, it can make a rocket flat ball very low spin.

The deal with OP is either the whip or the impact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hate to sound overly bold and cruel to a new member... but I gotta say it as it is... The BOLD text I made larger in the OP's original post pretty much says all we need to know.

If the rubber doesn't have 500 hours on it, ( I have 500 hr sheets I can still get heavy spin on) then one should be able to get very heavy spin from MX-P.

The issue with OP is one or both among basic whip mechanics and type of impact to produce spin. Maybe OP doesn't have much of a whip. Maybe OP really does have a good whip, but strikes the ball too solidly and center to produce a flat ball.

I see a LOT of RUSSIAN TT PLAYERS who learned by themselves who strike the ball this way. Many have a powerful stroke and serious bang impact, but they pretty much flat hit everything. They hit the center right behind the ball all the time and that doesn't bode well for spin... but wow, it can make a rocket flat ball very low spin.

The deal with OP is either the whip or the impact.

Yes, i forgot that. It is important to close the angle of the racket to be able to generate any spin. Otherwise you Will hit the ”center” of the ball and get a flat hit.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I found that blade to be unplayably fast. Which was a shame because it had the most comfortable handle.

You broke a rule of equipment changes. Switch the blade OR the rubber, not both at once. Then you can make a fair evaluation.

But my guess is the force pro black edition is not right for your game. Maybe try the regular force pro, the blue one. It should be easier for you to use with the evolution rubbers.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It played like a brick. Just like BRS said. Loved the handle but never felt I was the one controlling the ball when I tested it. Way too stiff.

Yeah I hate that too, but I know friends that explicitly look for something like that. I played with one that had Joola Maxxx 500 and the softer version on backhand and I couldn’t for the life of me tell when I actually hit the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
If you like 7 ply I've recently tried Avalox Blue Thunder P777, it has flex and has a wonderful feel without bad vibrations. I recommend it! ;)