WTTC Qualifiers in Japan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I got my money on Hina Hayata as one of thw top 2 of Japan in coming years

I was hoping she can get better, she's taller than her mates, she's a leftie and a good attacking game, but somehow I haven't seen her making a lot of progress in the last 2 years. She's still young so fingers crossed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i don't know ! I'm not a pro ! I'm just seeing the results !

I feel she's perhaps not as consistent, especially in her short game ?
I was expecting her to be more powerful given she's taller but its not obvious she has an advantage there as well.

Maybe she's got injuries as well. I always see her with bandages...

This user has no status.
i don't know ! I'm not a pro ! I'm just seeing the results !

I feel she's perhaps not as consistent, especially in her short game ?
I was expecting her to be more powerful given she's taller but its not obvious she has an advantage there as well.

Maybe she's got injuries as well. I always see her with bandages...
I actually think she's gotten more consistent as of late. In T league she hasn't lost a single match and has been regularly beating players like Feng Tianwei, Cheng I Ching quite easily. She is also the only one who was able to beat the only CNT player in T league but i forgot her name.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Talk about a dude from outside Japan more informed than the locals.

Lion Cup 23rd Japan Top 12(And JNT Representative Trial for WTTC 2019)
http://www.jtta.or.jp/tournament/tabid/122/rptid/516/Default.aspx

The 1st day of competition will determine one spot for WTTC 2019. The 2nd day will see the 5 JNT representatives compete for the trophy.
http://www.jtta.or.jp/Portals/0/images/tournament/Nationals/2018_pdf/20181220top12_prospectus.pdf
DiivzjA.png

FDPtFMF.png

Ah, gotcha. So 1st day is the selection tournament that also acts as Top 12 qualifer and 2nd day is Top 12. My bad.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I was hoping she can get better, she's taller than her mates, she's a leftie and a good attacking game, but somehow I haven't seen her making a lot of progress in the last 2 years. She's still young so fingers crossed

I mean, Hamamoto and two girls from EA is as tall as Hinata so can't really say she has an advantage over her them anymore.
Got a monster drives and I'm a huge fan of her playstyle too, she just needs to be more consistant. I think guys at JTTA wish Hayata breaks into top 10 WR more than anyone as Ito/Hayata pair is the best doubles we got and would be very handy in 2020.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
ttpshot

.... I think guys at JTTA wish Hayata breaks into top 10 WR more than anyone as Ito/Hayata pair is the best doubles we got and would be very handy in 2020...

I agree....
Interested in your opinion - the best Japanese mixt (XD) for Tokyo 2020 ?
Apparently, ITTF attaches great importance to the mixed (XD) in the tournaments of 2019, 2020, including the Olympic Games ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
ttpshot

.... I think guys at JTTA wish Hayata breaks into top 10 WR more than anyone as Ito/Hayata pair is the best doubles we got and would be very handy in 2020...

I agree....
Interested in your opinion - the best Japanese mixt (XD) for Tokyo 2020 ?
Apparently, ITTF attaches great importance to the mixed (XD) in the tournaments of 2019, 2020, including the Olympic Games ...

From current form, it'd be either Yoshimura/Ishikawa or Morizono/Ito. But at this stage both Ishikawa and Ito are looking to make it as singles rep so it's hard, very hard to pick one. If Hirano would make it as 3rd player in the team event, that could leave either Niwa, Morizono or maybe even Mizutani.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
phase 1 of qualifiers for WTTTC 2020 is happening now
[stupid for ITTF to make this tournament on an Olympic year]

Sora Matsushima won 3-2 against Jin Ueda !

My coach Hidetoshi Oya is in the tournament but already lost 3 games :-/
He is due to play against Sora next !

you can follow results here

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/2019/wttc2020_selection/

there is even cameras on 2 tables. you may need a VPN (setting to Japan)