Suggestion on Blade please

This user has no status.
Hi All
I am currently playing Nittaku Ascoutic with R47 both sides. I am planning to switch to bit faster setup and have short listed below options.
1)Timo Boll ZLF
2)Ai Fukuhara Pro
3)Innerforce Layer ZLF.

I am inclined towards ZLF as i like the feel of the same when tried one of the friends blade Liu Shiwen ZLF. Unfortunately the production of that blade is stop now.

I like the look of the timo boll zlf but i am currently using ascoutic which has limba outer plies not sure how much adjustment i need if i switch to koto (hard ply).

I dont consider myself as advance player but not beginner either so more at higher end of intermediate player range. i prefer close to table play.

Also when i checked difference between AI Fukuhara and Innerforce there is only difference in thickness. AI fukuhara being the thick among them.

So does it mean AI fukuhara will be more faster than Innerforce.

Any help or tips will be appreciated :).

Regards
Sagar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
If you are not an advanced player then I don't think you should be getting a faster setup. You can generate a lot of speed with the Acoustic if you work on your technique and the speed of your action. Besides, the game is not all about power and speed, but also about placement, variation and deception. How far away from the table do you play?

This user has no status.
Thank you all for valuable responses. Yes my technique is not up to mark which is why i can't generate max strenght from my lower body. Acoustic is amazing blade and I have no complains about it but i tried Liu Shiwen ZLF blade and with my current playing style i was able to produce much better speed and spin on the ball. Also my acoustic is quite old now(and it has small crack near handle) so planning to switch. That is reason i short listed new blades :).

Any suggestion which will be better transition from Acoustic!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If the blade is broken, you proably need to change the blade. I think you should go with the one you tried and know that you like. I googled fast and it seems like some stores sell the blade.Another option could be asking on this forum and other tabletennis forums if anyone have one for sale.

Reactions: sagar_sawant
This user has no status.
If it is physically cracked and you need a new blade and do not wish to purchase the same one again then changing makes more sense. Acoustic is limba outer, so any of the inner carbon butterfly blades would be fine, they are Limba outer and only slightly faster than the acoustic. The innerforce ZLF is essentially the same blade as the Liu Shiwen btw as is the Ai Fukuhara. Same composition just slightly different ply thicknesses and handles afaik. Teessports sells both of these but no longer the Liu Shiwen it's discontinued. They aren't cheap mind you.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Innerforce is the same blade as the LSW with only different colors. I think the Ai Fukuhara blade is larger, maybe 158*152 or something. If you like the LSW you should also like the IF ZLF, so I would go with that.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I thought LSW was IF ZLF with a diff handle. But I'm ni blade expert. Someone should check that stevrinou blade construction database.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Innerforce is the same blade as the LSW with only different colors. I think the Ai Fukuhara blade is larger, maybe 158*152 or something. If you like the LSW you should also like the IF ZLF, so I would go with that.

It's the other way around, the Ai Fukuhara is 157x150mm and is 5.8mm thick, the Liu Shiwen is 158x152mm and 5.6mm thick. They are both innerforce type: Limba-Limba-ZLF-Ayous-ZLF-Limba-Limba

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi All
I am currently playing Nittaku Ascoutic with R47 both sides. I am planning to switch to bit faster setup and have short listed below options.
1)Timo Boll ZLF
2)Ai Fukuhara Pro
3)Innerforce Layer ZLF.
[...]
I am inclined towards ZLF as i like the feel of the same when tried one of the friends blade Liu Shiwen ZLF. Unfortunately the production of that blade is stop now.

Regards
Sagar

Isn't it, that Butterfly has a new version of the LSW blade?
Anyways I had a chance to test TB ZLF for a short time recently, with hard rubbers (Omega 7 and something on the other side). Despite the need for speed in today's world I liked it very much for it's immense feel. I played both limba and koto, but this one feels just right. Has koto as an outer (am I right?), but has this zlf underneath ... can't really conceptualize it, but it's going to be my next one for sure.

So ... what I'm trying to say is, I don't think it's a very fast blade and also I don't think you can go wrong with it, even coming from a slower one, specially if you are an intermediate player. I tested it with hard rubbers though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
These are all expensive blades, but if you are careful with your equipment, and don't change rubbers too often they should last you for years. To minimize the damage to the blade caused by water-based glues, you can always seal the blade. And since you are coming from an Acoustic, you are somewhat used to pricey blades. All the blades you have listed are great. The TB ZLF would be my pick, but the others are not bad at all.

Reactions: jawien
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I say, get a Korbel. Korbel is very close to all three IF ZLF blades listed (Ai F and LSW are IF blades).

Ply construction of Korbel: Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba

Ply construction of all 3 If ZLF blades: Limba-Limba-ZLF-Ayous-ZLF-Limba-Limba

The only difference is the ZLF ply but the price of the Korbel is a lot less and the playing characteristics are much closer than the price even if they are not exactly the same. :)

BTW: Ma Long used Acoustic till he was in the top 10. He made shots that were darn fast with that blade. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JST and jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yeah. I say, get a Korbel. Korbel is very close to all three IF ZLF blades listed (Ai F and LSW are IF blades).

Ply construction of Korbel: Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba

Ply construction of all 3 If ZLF blades: Limba-Limba-ZLF-Ayous-ZLF-Limba-Limba

The only difference is the ZLF ply but the price of the Korbel is a lot less and the playing characteristics are much closer than the price even if they are not exactly the same. :)

BTW: Ma Long used Acoustic till he was in the top 10. He made shots that were darn fast with that blade. :)

I'd say Korbel is about the same speed as TB ZLF ... say same speed class. Korbel feels softer and TB zlf has more definite touch. The only concern I have for Korbel would be it's tendency to distribute weight towards the head, although it might be my personal impression. Also the handle could be a little bigger. @Carl, do you have any thoughts about Hardrow VK - it supposed to be similar to Korbel ...

This user has no status.
Thank you for wonderful responses. I am not looking for head heavy blade :). I dont spend much on TT equipment too often so won't mind one time expense blade buy. I love the look of Timo Boll ZLF and think i will go with it :) after all the wonderful responses.
This forum is really wonderful and i am lucky to be part of it :).

Regards
Sagar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I Do not think you should choose blade after how it looks haha, But i think it can be a good blade. I played with Timo boll spirit, which is almost the same as Timo boll ALC i think. Now i play with Timo Boll ZLC. I like both of the blades and the handle is really comfortable for me. So i am happy with my blades from the Timo boll series, so i think you Will be happy with the ZLF aswell.