Xiom Ice Cream blades, AZX Review

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
If you want less speed, I'm sure AZXi will not be the right blade. Your current blade is all wood 5 ply, rated All+ to Off- depending on weight. Even the with innerlayer carbon the AZXi is still way faster.
If you really want to step down and stay with Stiga and try some carbon - Stiga Allround classic carbon. Alternatives are Gewo Aruna All+ Carbon or Arbalest Bogen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
if you want less speed, i'm sure azxi will not be the right blade. Your current blade is all wood 5 ply, rated all+ to off- depending on weight. Even the with innerlayer carbon the azxi is still way faster.
If you really want to step down and stay with stiga and try some carbon - stiga allround classic carbon. Alternatives are gewo aruna all+ carbon or arbalest bogen.

thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hi, I think construction of azxi is limba,ayous,alc/zlc,ayous. What do you think friends?

This user has no status.
Wondering are there any Pros actually using these blades ? I know I read somewhere someone is using the handle but thats about it :\

Jeoung Youngsik claims to use the AZX. He played really well in the German Open recently. (He made it to the semi final).

Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hi, core of AZXi is 1000/100 ayous: 2019-10-21-15-47-32.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I like it, will try soon. Wonder of structure of new xiom alx deep impact :) ... ofcourse and price :).

Is there any difference in the either side of the AZXi and the Stardivarius blade? Currently I use Vega Europe DF on my stradivarius but was curious if this would be any different. My backhand is far stronger than my forehand which is why I am interested in this blade.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is there any difference in the either side of the AZXi and the Stardivarius blade? Currently I use Vega Europe DF on my stradivarius but was curious if this would be any different. My backhand is far stronger than my forehand which is why I am interested in this blade.

Thanks

Yes. Stradi has 2nd layer composite while azxi has 3rd layer composite.. Azxi has more control.

Thanks

Hi, core of AZXi is 1000/100 ayous:View attachment 20021
This is correct and my post needed correction. I never bothered to update the composition wince they do not want the compositin revealed totally.

This is correct and my post needed correction. I never bothered to update the composition wince they do not want the compositin revealed totally.

Why is that?
People who could not make the difference would never care. People who can make the difference would do it anyway.
And its not a matter of "secrets", but misleading.
If you don't reveal, its a secret.
But if you use wrong names, its just a lie.

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Why is that?
People who could not make the difference would never care. People who can make the difference would do it anyway.
And its not a matter of "secrets", but misleading.
If you don't reveal, its a secret.
But if you use wrong names, its just a lie.

Because if they made it too "objective", people will realize that its not much different from what's out there already. Novelty sells, and installing the idea that an asymmetrical blade will be perfect for both forehand and backhand will allow people to build upon it with their own confirmation biases.

I'm still waiting for the day standardized objective measurements become acceptable in table tennis equipment as other sports/hobbies. Although I'd guess manufacturers would try to delay that as long as possible.

Yes. Stradi has 2nd layer composite while azxi has 3rd layer composite.. Azxi has more control.

Thanks for the reply yogi_bear. Would you say the AZXi is quicker than the Stradi? Also does it have any vibrations? I'm not a fan of vibration in a blade at all. Many thanks.

The 2 blades are not known for having too much vibrations. I could say the azxi is faster especially on its alc side this is only on this blade since Xiom said they made the alc faster

Thanks for confirming that. If only it wasn't Christmas I might have been able to have the bat for the weekend lol