This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
How do you think the bat would go along with tenergy rubbers? Thanks in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
How do you think the bat would go along with tenergy rubbers? Thanks in advance

i wouldnt worry about that. High throw rubbers like tenergy on faster composite blades should be fine. but I have not played the icecream blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Thanks a lot, was thinking of making just a change of my blade which I have been using 1 and 1/2 years now(the timo boll alc) does anyone know if the icecream blade is a good upgrade/change for timo Boll alc? Thanks again

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Thanks a lot, was thinking of making just a change of my blade which I have been using 1 and 1/2 years now(the timo boll alc) does anyone know if the icecream blade is a good upgrade/change for timo Boll alc? Thanks again

If its an upgrade is up to your subjective feeling. I can give you a general guideline for your decision process.

1. Ask yourself what it is that bothers you about the boll alc or what it is that you want to upgrade.

2. weigh your blade without rubbers if you know how to glue them to find out how heavy your blade is

3. watch TTdaily youtube reviews of the boll alc and the icecream blade. there is a review of "ttr hunter" too.

4. read the reviews of the icecream blade in the equipment review feed. You are lucky that this blade got indepth reviews after such a short release.

Everything you need to know is already out there with reviews and such. you just need to know what you are looking for.
the icecream azx seems to have the composition of the Boll alc on one side and the composition of the Boll ZLC on the other (but thicker).

says Check This Out...

I got & play it both, its an easy change, very similiar (alc side), Its an upgrade it depends what are you looking for from AZX compare to the TB Alc.

AZX alc side faster (i really like it) than TB alc & AZX zlc side, zlc side more control

On AZX i use alc side for FH & zlc side for BH for me its an upgarde (from tb alc) on the FH loop (more easy / high throw angle) & BH block (more controled).

But im stick with TB alc , Azx handle to skinny for me and i like to attack with my BH (with tb more power even tho sacrifice my BH blocks compairing with AZX zlc side).

If Xiom release the alc side on both side & similiar handle size with TB alc that will be a perfect upgrade for me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
OP, I have a question about Ice Cream's FL handle.
How does the handle compare to Stiga Master handles or DHS ML5's handle?
Ice Cream's FL handle looks a bit thicker than my preference.
To me, Stiga Master handle is perfect, any thicker would be a huge downside for me.
Please let me know what you think.

Wow.. Just find out that there is CS version..

0ec2d5628535e5dd6d8820d278c6a7efce1b6213.jpg

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
I wonder if for example, the zlc side gives some features to the alc one and inverse. I don't think I should make it too complicated, but I think that could be a theory on the table.
I'm definitely a big fan of it as I'm not sure if I can play my BH strokes as consistent as the forehand one and this is exactly what I'm looking for. I feel super excited that I'm finally gonna opt to buy a blade that I'm fully happy with, and this is gonna be the one :)

Have played with AZXi for couple weeks now and thought I should share a few things.

First the blade is very well-made, as one would expect from XIOM. The weight comes in 94g and other few I checked out at the store weigh almost exactly that. I’ve chosen Omega VII-Asia on the ALC forehand, and Omega VII-Pro on the ZLC backhand. Total 194g.

This is a very fast blade in the innerfiber-carbon arena. I’ve played Innerforce ALC.S, Harimoto ALC and Hurricane Long 5, while AZXi is by far the fastest of all. But control remains excellent. Looping is powerful and spinny with this set-up, while feeling are distinctively different from the ALC vs ZLC side.

The AZXi ALC side feels almost exactly like Harimoto ALC however with a lot more power from mid-to-away table like Hurricane Long 5. Reaction is just right for me - not too fast or slow off the blade, while one could clearly feel the ball. The ZLC backhand side feels exactly like it should - direct and bouncy. The ball shoots off more quickly with less grip nevertheless could still feel the ball. With the correct stroke lifting heavy-backspin is effortless on both sides.

Comparing to a few outer fiber-carbon blades I’ve played such as Viscaria, TBS, Garaydia ZLC, ZJK Super ZLC, the grip and ball feel is a lot better with AZXi, as we would expect from an inner blade.

Overall the blade and rubber set-up suits very well with my playing style. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
innerforce alc vs azxi

innerforce alc or azxi ?
Hi

I am 55 years playing TT since 40 years, playing well, serious but never competitative.

I am playing with allwood stiga classic allround / offensive.
Played with super sriver, sriver, solicion, donic coppa platin, t05, t80.

my playing style,
BH - backspin , open, placement. can do passive block and cut if oppenent attacks.
FH - backspin, open and then flat kill. can do passive block and cut if oppenent attacks. prefer passive attack then active attack at times.
At times my flat FH kills goes out of table and not happy about the same.

i was thinking to go for innerforce alc or azxi.

do you think i can use zlc in FH for effective flat kill. How much will zlc will be forgiving for mistake.

Regards

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Not sure though if AZXi would be a too big of a step, coming from a Stiga Allround. I'm almost sure that back spin, block and passive play will seriously be affected. The AZXi is an OFF+ blade and very stiff. The Icecream blade prefer an active play, even for blocks. I would rethink and try something with more control and less speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Not sure though if AZXi would be a too big of a step, coming from a Stiga Allround. I'm almost sure that back spin, block and passive play will seriously be affected. The AZXi is an OFF+ blade and very stiff. The Icecream blade prefer an active play, even for blocks. I would rethink and try something with more control and less speed.

hi
i agree with you more or less, thats why, hesitant to change and confused.

i am using stiga classic offensive from last 10 years. Thought of innerforce ( alc after two wooden layer ) for more control and less speed ( and not TMS, TM ALC, AXZ nor Viscaria). Thought innerforce layer alc and AZXi to be off-.

Do you think it would be too fast and uncontrollable even if alc is after two layer with my kind of play style since i have used stiga classic offensive.