Xiom Ice Cream blades, AZX Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Koto is hard outside direct the ball jumps right away. So a little bit more like straight. Limba players tend to play more with spin and control and brush the ball. It's not like hitting against the ball it's more a brush movement but this is only a tendency. I cannot say that every player plays exactly like this who has Limba or where Koto with out apply. But this is a tendency however if you are a Limba player for years stay with Limba. Koto player stay with Koto. This is my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
I am a bit confused over the "balance" issue. I'm not sure exactly what Xiom mean by this, as other asymmetric blades do not feel unbalanced in terms of weight distribution and even having rubbers of a radically different weight on either side does not feel that strange.

Did they mean balanced in some other way such as the speed or throw of the blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes but they did it didn't they. Same could certainly be done with different outer plies. Experimenting, experimenting etc.

It is not as simple as you are saying. Even with the ice cream blades, they took a lot of time just to make them into good blades.

This user has no status.
Hey RidTheKid,

Actually we are working on your recommendation.
So far it is not easy. It was almost close to impossible to have 2 different composite in one blade.
Wood is also really really difficult.

We have finished making samples already for past years.
But still in testing stages. :) hope to get you what you've wanted.

Isaac

Cool. But I think the optimal configuration would have Koto on bh and Limba on fh. This I really want to try extensively before I buy.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Why is it harder to make?
Would be very interesting to know which process is harder to do.
Thank you!

Yes, this is very interesting topic considering there are small blade makers who are able to deliver this on request (I know at least about two in Europe who are doing this as pretty much "routine" job - it's a question if their standards for balance, manufacturing precision and cost effectiveness meet those of large maker such as Xiom, but the blades I've seen look very good)

Reactions: Suga D
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
First impressions

My AZX arrived this week, but our second half of the season starts this weekend and there wasn't much time for practice this week, so I decided to fight my impatience and take some pictures first and take the blade for a ride next week.

First impressions are awesome. Again a high quality craftsmenship from XIOM. As mentioned in the first post by yogi_bear, the handle redesign is really good and although I have a larger hand and like thicker handles better, this handle feels great.

My blade has 91g and is heavier than my Vega Tour (84g) and the Feel ZX series (82-86g) I played. Will be interessting to see, how the blade balances, as with Vega Pro MAX (or even with the new Omega VII Tour -- I will write a review for that as well ;) ) the blades tend to get (very) head heavy.

More to come...Stay tuned...

IceCreamAZX_ZLC_box.jpgIceCreamAZX_ALC_box.jpgIceCreamAZX_bottom.jpg

Attachments

• IceCreamAZX_composition.jpg
    IceCreamAZX_composition.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 487
  • IceCreamAZX_ALC_side.jpg
    IceCreamAZX_ALC_side.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 509
  • IceCreamAZX_ZLC_side.jpg
    IceCreamAZX_ZLC_side.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 494