TableTennisMaster DVD's?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
haha i never knew that :) i thought i crouch alot but then in the video im barely crouching hahah and i also thought my forehand looked good and my backhand looked bad...but it turns out its the opposite :) well thats in my opinion haha ..

EDIT: aww i just finished editing it but the actual match parts got dlted! but i have no more time because i still
have school in 6 hours...i didnt even sleep yet :( so i guess ill re-edit the video tomorrow...for now ill just upload
the warmup parts were i drill and stuff...it sucks i spent so much time on editing that :(
the vid is 1.4gigs so it might take a while to upload to utube

Last edited:
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
You looked a lot better when you let it rip. Initially when the pace was slower, you had a bit of a problem keeping the rally going. ;) There's a simple explanation buddy.

You spin the ball all the time. Not that it is bad, but keeping the ball in play at a slower pace is a bit tricky, unless you're a really good player. You see buddy, just drive the ball and get into rhythm, just like what your dad is doing. But, at a higher tempo, you excel with your spin.

As for the crouching bit, I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. like your Bh buddy. Thanx for posting. I enjoyed it :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
You looked a lot better when you let it rip. Initially when the pace was slower, you had a bit of a problem keeping the rally going. ;) There's a simple explanation buddy.

You spin the ball all the time. Not that it is bad, but keeping the ball in play at a slower pace is a bit tricky, unless you're a really good player. You see buddy, just drive the ball and get into rhythm, just like what your dad is doing. But, at a higher tempo, you excel with your spin.

As for the crouching bit, I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. like your Bh buddy. Thanx for posting. I enjoyed it :D

Thank You! :) yeah just recently my dad's right hand got injured so he couldnt play with it for the whole month of december..so instead he used his left hand....and i had more trouble with his left hand then with his right hand because his left hand was alot slower...well atleast thats what he told me...what do you think would be better...to get the dvd's so i can get better...or get a cheap robot (maybe the robopong 1040) so i can drill for hours and get my stroke better? yeah i used to do drives only when i started but after 5 months of playing i realized my spins were more accurate....but i guess i should practice driving then? ill practice it so that its accurate :) but i still have a long way to go to become accurate with my strokes...this table tennis thing isnt quite in my muscle memory yet :)

EDIT: i just re-read your post...wait so its harder to spin when the ball is slow? ok thanks for the tip! so basically ill only spin when the ball is fast and when its slow ill drive it?Oh and im gonna upload the other video tomorrow because i forgot i have some assignments :) hehehe

Last edited:
Mar 2011
You are absolutely right, with spins, the shots are more accurate, But for warm up purposes, driving the ball is much better. It keeps the ball in play, and will help you to get into the groove for your drills later.

As your thoughts of getting robopong or dvds, don't you think robopong is a heck lot more fun than dvds? hehehe:D
Dvds are good for your development, no question about that, but you also need a good sparring partner. With a lot of pros, they can place the ball consistently to their feeders, but in your case, your returns might be a little erratic, making your sparring partner having to work harder keeping the ball in play for you.

There's no substitute to multiball feeding, if you don't mind picking the balls off the floor every time. If you do, then robopong is the next best thing, and just watch the tutorials from youtube..:Dhehehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
oh i see so the driving is just for drills...but its fine for me to spin in the actual game....but i think even in game ill try drive the ball when its slow because i usually miss when its slow and i try to spin it haha

yes i definitely think the robo pong would be much funner but for some reason i also enjoy watching videos...especially table tennis videos hahah ...but...robo pong it is :) i hope to get one soon!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
oh ok thanks! im trying to change my forehand stroke because i saw in the video its so ugly hahaha and its very inaccurate when i play...(sometimes it goes in somtimes it goes to the net and sometimes it goes out) so im paying attention to the pingskills tutorial on fh counterhit and forehand topspin because i never really paid attention to those because i THOUGHT my forehand was good :)...and about the robot....i saved up money for a TBS and 1 tenergy and a skyline 3 neo....but when i told my dad about the robot....he searched it and really liked the robo-pong 2050!! so he made a deal with me :) i pay half and he pays half :) so i wont get a new blade and rubbers for now....but i WILL get a decent robot :) even though it only does that 1 spin 1 speed thingy :) but i will probably get it by march :D cant wait!

Mar 2011
Ahh, the sometimes it goes long, sometimes it goes into the net conundrum. :D It's common with spins initially buddy. Until you get the hang of it, it will keep happening. The trick is to know why these things happen.

You see, not all balls that comes to you have the same rotation speed. You have to make adjustments every time. The easiest is do what I do, hit the ball between 1 and 2 o'clock, with spins. Brush the ball instead of hitting through it. If the ball bounces high, hit it at 1 o'clock, and if it's lower hit it at 2 o'clock. :eek:

Reactions: sir.afezi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Oh if it hasn't been mentioned I would like to add that in warm up, don't use too much upper arm, use your lower arm for consistency instead :)

Great initiative Venus for posting the vid. Its always a joy for us to help.
Sir Az is a great mentor you should listen to him.

oh okay! ill try that...actually ive been trying to do that ever since i saw myself playing in this video ...my stroke just looked to ugly for me hahah

haha thanks :) i just finished editing the video of our match...well...its just like a match for fun...so i didnt really put the points thing or anything... im uploading it to youtube right now....and my services seem illegal haha..yeah sir Azlan has been a GREAT help! thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I just seen a trippy video of the chinese dude playing tt with all this different stuff like his watch and a baseball bat it's hillarious and really well done :p

haha i think ive seen that! is it the one where he unboxes a samsung camera? then he uses the batteries and stuff? and smashes eggs ? i kinda remember that haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
oh okay! ill try that...actually ive been trying to do that ever since i saw myself playing in this video ...my stroke just looked to ugly for me hahah

haha thanks :) i just finished editing the video of our match...well...its just like a match for fun...so i didnt really put the points thing or anything... im uploading it to youtube right now....and my services seem illegal haha..yeah sir Azlan has been a GREAT help! thanks!

I'm afraid you're right, pal. Your serves ARE illegal. :cool: Actually, I had the same problem with my serves. You can also try to hide your shots as much as possible :) to reduce the opponent's time for reaction. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I'm afraid you're right, pal. Your serves ARE illegal. :cool: Actually, I had the same problem with my serves. You can also try to hide your shots as much as possible :) to reduce the opponent's time for reaction. :)

well its not really a problem for me because all i need to do is throw the ball higher sometimes...and sometimes throw it more vertical....also...isnt hiding the serve considered illegal??