DHS Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I bought the DHS balls from a local store in packs of 6. The packaging had Ma Long's face on it. But when I used the balls on the table they bounced the same hieght has the 3 star Xiom Ball but when I started playing with it the DHS ball seemed to go off the table and when I hit the ball with the normal force it seems to go off the table. Is this a problem with the DHS or the Xiom. I also tried the Butterfly ball and it seemed that I could put more force on the Butterfly and the Xiom Ball. I also experienced the same problem as the DHS with the Nittaku SHA.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
The DHS and Nittaku SHA ball was also really thin and easy to press at some spots.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
These old 1st generation plastic balls with seam from DHS are the worst, cracking at any stronger hit or impact (like walls, hard flooring or racket edge) so no surprise you can crack them by hand when finding weak point. Don't buy them, they are the worst on the market right now, ABS and other "clones" are much better option (Ding Ning on the box if you really want DHS branded, they call them D40+) and if not ABS then older seamless (like these from Xushaofa or Kingnik) are typically also rated better then "cell free" seamed 40+ balls you bought.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Sounds like you got old balls (hehehehe)

The new DHS balls have Ding Ning's picture on the box and they're the most solid balls I've every played with. Heavy too. They're my favorite of the brands.

Reactions: RidTheKid
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I’ve had batches of the D40+ Ding Ning balls that were unplayable duds. The XCAG production run was very good, the XHAG run abysmal.

After first noticing this, I checked all my boxes; a simple bounce test was enough. After a few dozen balls I even felt the bad ones immediately opin pickup. Not so hard; they were like inflated little balloons. I threw away dozens.

After that I switched to the Stiga Perform 40+ threestar. A few hundred of these later they have been consistently good. I wish everybody a better fortune with them than we had, but we’re not going back.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I’ve had batches of the D40+ Ding Ning balls that were unplayable duds. The XCAG production run was very good, the XHAG run abysmal.

After first noticing this, I checked all my boxes; a simple bounce test was enough. After a few dozen balls I even felt the bad ones immediately opin pickup. Not so hard; they were like inflated little balloons. I threw away dozens.

After that I switched to the Stiga Perform 40+ threestar. A few hundred of these later they have been consistently good. I wish everybody a better fortune with them than we had, but we’re not going back.

If you paid with PayPal, they have to refund your money.

Absolutely agree with you. We had the same experience with a bad batch of the D40+.
I and some others are using only seamless the last years. After 2 years and a half yesterday I broke the Second seamless ball in play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I've had good experience with Sanwei Gold 40+, which I believe is just a rebranded DHS D40+. Also went through multiple packs of D40+ with almost no issues. Recently I ordered a 20-pack of orange DHS D40+, and they quality is a bit up and down. Some balls play ok, but others I had to scrap early because of a weird bounce. People I play with prefer orange balls, and I like that colour too, but not so sure if I will order the D40+ again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I've had good experience with Sanwei Gold 40+, which I believe is just a rebranded DHS D40+. Also went through multiple packs of D40+ with almost no issues. Recently I ordered a 20-pack of orange DHS D40+, and they quality is a bit up and down. Some balls play ok, but others I had to scrap early because of a weird bounce. People I play with prefer orange balls, and I like that colour too, but not so sure if I will order the D40+ again.

Just wanted to ask if someone already tried the orange DHS D40+ balls, since I also like that color. Could it be that some badges are worse like yoass experienced with the white balls, or it's more of a structural problem with the orange ones?

I recently bought a pack of Tibhar 40+ Syntt NG 3* balls. I haven't played with them yet, but the first impression is that they are very much alike the DHS ones. Same bounce height and also the same sound when bouncing, only they are quite a bit more expensive.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Simple Solution

Buy using PayPal

Test your balls soon after receiving

If several are defective

Ask for a refund

No. That’s not a process I’ll embrace. We only have one earth. Or something.

I buy these balls in gross, and have to rely on them. I can’t run after every single item stocked, perform QA tests at scale and keep track of logistics.

Reliability is an important aspect of quality. And when it comes doen to it, quality is all that matters.

So once I get burned by product with quality issues, I vote with my wallet for a different product.

Reactions: JST