Moderator 12 353
    This user has no status.

Moderator 353 12

User Info Menu

Oct 2011
    Philippines
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiWa
    In Zhang Jike's defense, I'd like to add that after the WTTC he suffered from some injuries as well, like his wrist and his back. Also the reason why Ma Long started to perform so well after WTTC is that he threw his chances at World Cup and Olympics Singles events there, so that pressure was off for him. So it is all down to himself that he can not participate in those events, and it is not Zhang Jike's fault that Ma Long didn't qualify for them .
    Besides I think that Ma Long is Zhang Jike's major opponent, but Zhang is also Ma's major opponent. I believe that Ma Long is on the top of his game, and he can continue to do so for years, improving only the experience factor. Zhang still can improve parts of his game qua technique and speed. In terms of feeling and spin he is already ahead of Ma Long, but he has to catch up in terms of speed and power if he wants to beat him. I think he can do that.
    True. I still believe and I won't stop believing that someday Zhang will overcome Ma Long.. Their careers are just starting! It's still a long way to go!
    I totally missed this! Okay, let me explain first! Haha! I was in Singapore for vacation and then school started last June so I was really, really busy and I haven't got time for this. I'm so sorry! Okay, I promise to update at least once a week , okay?

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 43 294
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 294 43
    I agree with you their careers are just starting and they are both improving and I am sure as well that sooner or later Ma Long will lose against Zhang Jike. But I still believe that Ma Long will be on the top for a while... Just waiting to see what happens... I just remember for the Austrian Open that I was nervious when Zhang was about to win...

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 157 1,871
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,871 157
    The rivalry between the Ma Long and Jike can only be good for the Chinese national team. I have this gut feeling that ma Long will be dominant for a while, but Jike will win some odd tournaments here and there. Somehow, it reminds me the rivalry between Ma Lin and Liqin in the last decade.
    To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 18 505
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 505 18
    I think it is about the Football EC. Netherlands doesn't play on the highest level in TT (men), I'm not sure about Spain. Germany has a good chance in football too though :P
    yes It is true because Zhang's father is a die hard football fan and I thinks it is one of zhang's favorite sport

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 18 198
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 198 18
    Yes. Zhang Jike supports the Real Madrid and he's a big fan of Christiano Ronaldo!!
    VOLUNTEER FOR THE WTTC IN PARIS YAAAAAY

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 123 1,880
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,880 123

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by azlan
    The rivalry between the Ma Long and Jike can only be good for the Chinese national team. I have this gut feeling that ma Long will be dominant for a while, but Jike will win some odd tournaments here and there. Somehow, it reminds me the rivalry between Ma Lin and Liqin in the last decade.
    Agreed. I think Ma Long will be able to maintain a strong balance for a long period, while Zhang will peak at big tournaments and his level will drop after them. So Ma Long for WR #1, and Zhang Jike for the real deal titles :P

The Following User Likes WiWa's Post:

Rajah*

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,278 3,072
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,072 1,278
    Agreed. I think Ma Long will be able to maintain a strong balance for a long period, while Zhang will peak at big tournaments and his level will drop after them. So Ma Long for WR #1, and Zhang Jike for the real deal titles :P
    Seems possible, but I still hope that Ma Long can manage to beat Zhang on big occasions too..

But lets not forget Xu Xin with huge talent and also Yan An or Gaoyuan can get pretty good too..
    It will not be easy for anyone to stay at the top..

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 43 294
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 294 43
    Indeed Xu Xin is awesome. His footwork is just unbelievable. Now regarding to Yan An I have higher expectations from Gaoyuan....

This user has no status.

Moderator 12 353
    This user has no status.

Moderator 353 12

User Info Menu

Oct 2011
    Philippines
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yes, these much younger players are also on their way to the top. I really wish Xu Xin to have a breakthrough this 2012. Like, defeating Wang Hao or like Dima or Timo Boll. Anyway, speaking of, let's greet Xu Xin a Happy Birthday!

Yan An, Fang Bo, Gao Yuan are also something to look forward to this 2012.
    I totally missed this! Okay, let me explain first! Haha! I was in Singapore for vacation and then school started last June so I was really, really busy and I haven't got time for this. I'm so sorry! Okay, I promise to update at least once a week , okay?

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,767 14,161
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,161 15,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal_Z
    hmm.. I dont buy it!
    I still think his greatest opponent is and will be Ma Long and he knows it.. It is not himself..
    And he totally has to regret he didnt won Grand Finals, I bet he wanted to win it..
    When you are talking about a guy who got kicked off the Chinese National Team and it was not because he was not good enough, if you really think about it, Zhang Jike might be right. Also when you look at what a slow starter he is, which is totally a mental issue, he is his own worst enemy, in ways that Ma Long could never be. In the end, who cares if Ma Long wins matches against him. He is the one who has to do the work to get to the #1 or #2 slot. They all know what he needs to work on. He is the one who has to do that. And if you think about how he missed years of training as a National Team Member right when it was soooo important and is still #2. Imagine how good he might be if he never had gotten kicked off the team. Think about it.

Fighting human opponents is way easier than fighting your own demons.

The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

Rajah*

Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 01-09-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

Moderator 12 353
    This user has no status.

Moderator 353 12

User Info Menu

Oct 2011
    Philippines
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Horowitz
    When you are talking about a guy who got kicked off the Chinese National Team and it was not because he was not good enough, if you really think about it, Zhang Jike might be right. Also when you look at what a slow starter he is, which is totally a mental issue, he is his own worst enemy, in ways that Ma Long could never be. In the end, who cares if Ma Long wins matches against him. He is the one who has to do the work to get to the #1 or #2 slot. They all know what he needs to work on. He is the one who has to do that. And if you think about how he missed years of training as a National Team Member right when it was soooo important and is still #2. Imagine how good he might be if he never had gotten kicked off the team. Think about it.

Fighting human opponents is way easier than fighting your own demons.
    Good point! In Zhang Jike's case right now, he's opponent is really himself. He needs to challenge his own abilities. He needs to overcome himself. Right now, he's having a hard time defeating Ma Long, yes, that's why he needs to defeat himself and have a breakthrough.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 9 28
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 9
    Interview of Zhang Jike ! Congrats ! Really interesting

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,988 150

User Info Menu

Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sined
    Interview of Zhang Jike ! Congrats ! Really interesting
    Bumping this thread made me think that TTD has got the chance to interview Zhang Jike haha!

One day I believe we could though

The Following User Likes YosuaYosan's Post:

Dan

GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 18
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 18 16

User Info Menu

Jul 2012
    Portugal
    Read 0 Reviews
    Zhang Jike is fan of Cristiano Ronaldo!

He is simply the best!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 18
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 18 0
    Really nice!Thank you!I love Zhang Jike!
    Last edited by Arshia; 03-17-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: 1234

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 333 1,253
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,253 333
    The last answer was great!
    Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
    Never give up without a fight
    Nothing is more risky than playing table tennis without risk

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 6
    V