Zhang Jike Interview!

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
Okay, so, Zhang Jike conducted an interview with himself on Weibo. :)

zjk.jpgzjk2.jpgzjk3.jpgzjk4.jpg

Img260823114.jpg

Q: How many points will you give for your performance in 2011?
ZJK: 85 points (something like 85% rating of his performance)

Q:Who do you think will your strongest rival in 2012 be?
ZJK: Whoever stands opposite me are my opponents, yes, but my biggest opponent would be myself.

Q: Do you think the Chinese team can achieve the gold medal in the London Olympics?
ZJK: Of course!

Q: Which national team do you think will win in the 2012 European cup?
ZJK: Netherlands or Spain

Q: What is your biggest dream in 2012?
ZJK: To represent China in the Olympics, win the gold medal in the teams division and meet Wang Hao in the singles finals!

Q: What event in 2011 gave you the most strength?
ZJK: After winning the match with Timo Boll in the semi-finals of WTTC.

Q: What are your most repeated words (mantra) in 2011?
ZJK: Thank you! (he wrote it in English)

Q: To whom did you say thank you the most?
ZJK: To all the people supporting the Chinese Table Tennis Team and all of the Chinese athletes. I say thank you to all the supporters who have been cheering for us for the past 12 years!

Q: In what kind of mood will you say goodbye to 2011?
ZJK: He posted an emoticon which means "overwhelmed" as TableTennista translated, "power"

Q: Who do you think is the best sports personality in 2011?
ZJK: Li Na (Tennis player)

Q: Which movies in 2011 did you watch (which songs you listened to or books you read)?
ZJK: Transformers (lol, only one?)

Q: What is your biggest regret in 2011?
ZJK: Still perfect. No regrets!

Last edited:
Oct 2011
meet wang hao in the finals .. yeah because of an easy win. he knows, that he will loose against ma long :D

haha yup. that's his forever goal. to meet Wang Hao in the finals. He always says that in interviews and everything. He's too scared of Ma Long now. WOnder how Wang Hao feels!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
haha yup. that's his forever goal. to meet Wang Hao in the finals. He always says that in interviews and everything. He's too scared of Ma Long now. WOnder how Wang Hao feels!

Hehe, it is because they are the only 2 Chinese in the tournament, and if he meets him in the final, the silver and gold will go to China. He will beat Ma Long as well this year I'm sure ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
"Who will win the European Championships?"
-He answered "Netherlands or Spain." Mhh that's a bit funny because Germany always won this tournament in the recent years. #LOL

I think it is about the Football EC. Netherlands doesn't play on the highest level in TT (men), I'm not sure about Spain. Germany has a good chance in football too though :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I think it is about the Football EC. Netherlands doesn't play on the highest level in TT (men), I'm not sure about Spain. Germany has a good chance in football too though :p

Oooooh, clever guy... Of course it´s about the upcoming Football EM 2012. In this case he´s right, it will be netherlands or spain with germany coming out third.

This user has no status.
This is just the first thing that came to my mind as well when I read this thread for the first time .... He is just afraid of Ma Long... But I did not feel like posting it here because this thread is for Zhang Jike.. LOL And I dont believe as well that he does not have any regrets by increasing the loss ratio againts Ma Long... He was just lucky that Ma Long was not on top Shape for the World Championships coming out of an injury and for the same reason Ma Long did not have the ranking to play the Men's World Cup.... Otherwise we all know who the winner would´ve been...:cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
In Zhang Jike's defense, I'd like to add that after the WTTC he suffered from some injuries as well, like his wrist and his back. Also the reason why Ma Long started to perform so well after WTTC is that he threw his chances at World Cup and Olympics Singles events there, so that pressure was off for him. So it is all down to himself that he can not participate in those events, and it is not Zhang Jike's fault that Ma Long didn't qualify for them ;).
Besides I think that Ma Long is Zhang Jike's major opponent, but Zhang is also Ma's major opponent. I believe that Ma Long is on the top of his game, and he can continue to do so for years, improving only the experience factor. Zhang still can improve parts of his game qua technique and speed. In terms of feeling and spin he is already ahead of Ma Long, but he has to catch up in terms of speed and power if he wants to beat him. I think he can do that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
In Zhang Jike's defense, I'd like to add that after the WTTC he suffered from some injuries as well, like his wrist and his back. Also the reason why Ma Long started to perform so well after WTTC is that he threw his chances at World Cup and Olympics Singles events there, so that pressure was off for him. So it is all down to himself that he can not participate in those events, and it is not Zhang Jike's fault that Ma Long didn't qualify for them ;).
Besides I think that Ma Long is Zhang Jike's major opponent, but Zhang is also Ma's major opponent. I believe that Ma Long is on the top of his game, and he can continue to do so for years, improving only the experience factor. Zhang still can improve parts of his game qua technique and speed. In terms of feeling and spin he is already ahead of Ma Long, but he has to catch up in terms of speed and power if he wants to beat him. I think he can do that.

Totally agreed! Zhang Jike has proved with the WTTC he can be a dangerous opponent and maybe a better leader than Ma Long. Ma Long said during an interview that he began to be frustrated with ZJK good results and he is now his direct opponent! But Ma Long still shows he could stay at the top.

Oct 2011
"Who will win the European Championships?"
-He answered "Netherlands or Spain." Mhh that's a bit funny because Germany always won this tournament in the recent years. #LOL

I totally love his attitude :). EuroChamp will go to GER like always ;)

Yup, I bet he's talking about football. Since he's a fan!

Oct 2011
hmm.. I dont buy it!
I still think his greatest opponent is and will be Ma Long and he knows it.. It is not himself..
And he totally has to regret he didnt won Grand Finals, I bet he wanted to win it..

Yeah, even though he doesn't want to admit it, the world knows his biggest threat is Ma Long.