Joola Hinoki-Carbons - differences?

Just in case someone checks the thread and decided on getting a new blade based on it. Jolla TPE Perform is a very different blade from the first three. The feel is hard, it is very direct and also quite bouncy. It is only really suitable for a direct, speed-based gameplay

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
You can also add the TPE Perform to this list. Better finish and materials than the Rosskopf, more expensive and, from memory, the outer ply may be heat-treated (don't quote me on this)?
It has been a while now, but I really liked it when I tried one and may consider it if I ever switch to carbon. Nice handle, too.

Yep, heat treated.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Just in case someone checks the thread and decided on getting a new blade based on it. Jolla TPE Perform is a very different blade from the first three. The feel is hard, it is very direct and also quite bouncy. It is only really suitable for a direct, speed-based gameplay

Some other reports are that the TPE may not be as hard as the Rossi Emotion, by a small margin, but it could equally be the other way, depending on the person!! Or the veneer used, heat treatment may also have an effect on the amount of hardness.
I haven’t tried both, but I found the TPE controlled and not too fast, not overly bouncy, distinctive noise, sort of ‘popping’ sound. Really noticed this when I got it out for a few hits this afternoon, sounded louder than the other set up.

That's the thing, you have only tried TPE (was it Perform?).

I don't know of these other reports but they are absolute nonsense. TPE Perform and Rossi Emotion are VERY different blades, seriously, there is no way different people would see it differently in such case.

Heat treatment of the hinoki veneer and also different veneer thicknesses and gluing can have impact on blade performance, including its hardness.

I myself made the mistake by buying TPE Perform after reading some posts saying that this is the upgrade from Rossi Emotion, which it definitely isn't, it's a different kind of blade.