Top 10 Craziest Table Tennis Shots of 2018!

Who do you think hit the best shot in 2018?

• 01) Fan Zhendong’s Forehand Counter Topspin

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 02) The behind the back rocket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 03) Christopher Chen’s crazy no look shot

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • 04) The wild over the head no look shot

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 05) Timo Boll’s exquisite swap hand shot

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • 06) Nathan Pellissier’s reverse backhand shot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 07) Hugo Caldrano’s double backhand swat shot

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 08) Unreal swat slap shot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 09) Can Akkuzu’s unbelievable behind the back around the net

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 10) Tiago Apolonia’s superb backhand smash in the T League

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The year of 2018 will be one to remember! There were so many crazy shots in 2018, we had the tough task of narrowing down to the final 10 to make the top 10 video below!

We have compiled a video of the wackiest and craziest table tennis shots of 2018! Be sure to cast your vote in the poll above to find out who will be crowned best table tennis shot of 2018!

By voting above, we can narrow down to the best shot of 2018. Which player hit the best shot? Voting poll ends on 03/01/2019 at 23:59 GMT. Take part today! Watch the video then vote in the TTD poll above.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a fantastic new year on behalf of the TableTennisDaily Team!

So many unbelievable shots, who did you vote for and why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Edit:

I noticed that the poll doesn't show up on mobile
Use a PC or try to request the desktop version of the site

Code:
How can I vote? I can’t see the link to the poll.. thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Houston, we have a problem.

The title of the thread and the title of the poll are two entirely different things. Best shot or craziest shot? Given the inclusion of shots 3, 4, 7 and 9, we're clearly not being asked for the best shot. None of those would make a best shot list; however, they're all contenders for the craziest. Having said that, there is nothing crazier than a shot played while sitting underneath the table. No. 3 for the win.

Reactions: Simas
Administrator
Oct 2010
How can I vote? I can’t see the link to the poll.. thanks

Hey Skin2279 the poll is only active on our desktop version of the website currently. It will be available on mobile soon to, you will be able to cast your vote by visiting the site on a desktop :)

Eh, there were at least 10 shots by koki niwa better than any of those 10 in 2018

Let's go Timo!! I think that it deserved to be the 2018 Star point of the year! So amazing!!
Koki Niwa should be here too!
I think that the points in 1:30 or 12:19 should've made it in the list.

Hey guys, sorry we missed out Koki this year, there were so many to choose from this year, we wanted to create a lot of variety to including some amateur/semi pro players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Wouldn't it be a good idea to make a men's and women's category next year? Despite men's table tennis being more spectacular with often spinny, far from the table shots, I also can really enjoy women's close to the table play with really fast rallies and lightning fast reflexes, which in my opinion can be spectacular in its own way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I had to vote for Can.

I've never seen an around the world point before that wasn't an exhibition point. And he finished it off in style.

To call that shot & point a 1 in a million is actually under-selling it.

BTW, I came across an article some time back that said Christopher Chen lost that point. I thought that was crazy and the writer simply doesn't know TT. Now after seeing the video, I can't really tell because his body is in the way.

The guy's attempt to get that block went long right? That's what I always assumed.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass and bobpuls
This user has no status.
I had to vote for Can.

I've never seen an around the world point before that wasn't an exhibition point. And he finished it off in style.

To call that shot & point a 1 in a million is actually under-selling it.

BTW, I came across an article some time back that said Christopher Chen lost that point. I thought that was crazy and the writer simply doesn't know TT. Now after seeing the video, I can't really tell because his body is in the way.

The guy's attempt to get that block went long right? That's what I always assumed.

It was a bit of an exhibition though. They both played it exhibition style otherwise either could have just ended the point with ease earlier.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Well I think the guy vs Chen mostly tried to win it. I certainly think he tried to win on that smash and tried to get it back on the table based on his hustle trying to get that last ball. But I'm not really interested in that or if he was trying as much or not.

What I'm interested in was who actually won the point. It was Chris Chen as his opponents last effort went long correct? Thanks to anybody who can confirm.