Der_Echte in Copenhagen

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Shit hijacks all the time, sometimes I am there helping. Threads diverge into whatever is on someone's mind all the time, it happens.

.. so I'm pretty much European from Poland, don't mind the Nauru colors : )

On a more serious note, what I'd like to say is I really like and appreciate your thread Der and the way you use the opportunity to get with the ttd forumers, send some pics, show real people behind our nick names.

Few years ago we had this visit from guys from Switzerland. They all knew each other from the HSBC bank and had this thing/tradition. They would go each year to different place, to visit local club and have a table tennis match. Afterwards they organized a dinner + beer party, which was very nice.

What Der is doing is quite close to this experience. I think having the opportunity like ttd might be interesting to try to organize something like this sometime eventually? Don't know how and when though ... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
.. so I'm pretty much European from Poland, don't mind the Nauru colors : )

On a more serious note, what I'd like to say is I really like and appreciate your thread Der and the way you use the opportunity to get with the ttd forumers, send some pics, show real people behind our nick names.

Few years ago we had this visit from guys from Switzerland. They all knew each other from the HSBC bank and had this thing/tradition. They would go each year to different place, to visit local club and have a table tennis match. Afterwards they organized a dinner + beer party, which was very nice.

What Der is doing is quite close to this experience. I think having the opportunity like ttd might be interesting to try to organize something like this sometime eventually? Don't know how and when though ... :)

Glad someone else but me appreciates this post and the energy behind it.

Many if not most times it happens occassionally though.

Last year at the WTTC in Düsseldorf i had the chance to meet Baal and a very good friend of mine and we've hit some balls with him for a couple of minutes. Somehow we got so excited that we forgot to take some pics.
But it was a very beautiful evening and experience we shared and I'm still planning to do a re-visit, but unfortunately didn't make it yet, but it's still on my list.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga D's write up of that one inspired me to make the Jaes Bond themed Spielbank Adventure Sidetrip to Bad Homburg...

Still looking forward to that one.
Pls just let me know in time so I can save up enough money and don't go broke after ten minutes.
[Emoji2]
I can try to find out if we will be able to eat at one of the very few popeye's in Europe in case we might need some chicken for our beer.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In Wiesbaden, there was a food truck that parked at the entrance to Wertkauf,, which became Walmart, which became Real... theyy grilled rotisserie HALBHAENCHEN... which is uber gut in anyone's book.

There are such food trucks around, I think we can avoid Popeyes or KFC and get quality chicken..

Ironically, we bought supermarket chicken raw and cooked it in the apt as a part of "Deok Gook" a rice wafer Korean soup... we used a chicken soup base this time and the chicken from here waz awesum.

Doon't you remember the comments I made about you suddenly taking Baal up north on A5 to Bad Homburg and it turned into a JB thing

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Still looking forward to that one.
Pls just let me know in time so I can save up enough money and don't go broke after ten minutes.
[Emoji2]
I can try to find out if we will be able to eat at one of the very few popeye's in Europe in case we might need some chicken for our beer.
[Emoji2]

I'm guessing ttd opportunity for meetups was used many times already ... : )

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another pic... wife wearing me out with hours of walking.

4a26c0f7092b5b99a605b2582fdc3715.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Der_Echte,

I recommend you get the train over to Sweden (which would take 20-30 min) and then there are a couple of clubs you could visit, one is Malmö IF where I and another forum member (Nicky Franck) plays. There is also Lund which isn't far from Malmö, which would probably have more players for you to play against. You could also visit the famous Eslöv club, but I don't know about the type of players you'd be able to play against there.. I guess Truls is off limits ;).

The club in Malmö would be about a 30 minute walk from the station. The club in Lund is very close to the central station.

Let me know if you want any more details. It would be an honour to have you visit! I am however away in Stockholm until next week.

Ironically, I drove by FALKENBERG on the way to Denmark and I could not help giggling as I drove by the sign on the highway... wife had no clue why I was smiling. I had to make up an answer.

Maybe one day I make it a point to do a SWEDEN SWEEP tour. I would need to become independently wealthy before I could do this but what the heck, stranger things have happened in life.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
In Wiesbaden, there was a food truck that parked at the entrance to Wertkauf,, which became Walmart, which became Real... theyy grilled rotisserie HALBHAENCHEN... which is uber gut in anyone's book.

There are such food trucks around, I think we can avoid Popeyes or KFC and get quality chicken..

Ironically, we bought supermarket chicken raw and cooked it in the apt as a part of "Deok Gook" a rice wafer Korean soup... we used a chicken soup base this time and the chicken from here waz awesum.

Doon't you remember the comments I made about you suddenly taking Baal up north on A5 to Bad Homburg and it turned into a JB thing

Hahaha. Absolutely.
[Emoj2]
That soup sounds lekker and if I remember correctly the Chicken Truck is still there in front of Real. But not sure on which day(s). But i´ll try to find out. But not far from there (maybe 10 - 15 minutes drive) there is this Korean Barbecue Restaurant at MTZ/Kinopolis, so that could be a decent option as well. They have a dish called "Crazy Crispy Chicken" which is according to a working mate indescribeably delicious.
So anything goes.
[Emoji2]
https://www.koogi.de/
https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaura...s-KOOGI_Korean_BBQ-Sulzbach_Taunus_Hesse.html

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Been about 1 year since all that action. I wonder when my next out of town Good Squad adventure may happen.

I wonder when my next International Mission will happen as well.

I have been trying to get to Korea the last 6 years (unsuccessfully - always something) so it will likely have a Korean flavor.