Hugo Calderano on Team Xiom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It is not about faking rubbers or blades. If you have been long enough in this forum, there are plenty of threads here that players do not use the equipment they are advertised. If you even just cou t the chibese national team players that do this we will not be even having this discussion.

it's a well-known thing, that players do not use the brands they are advertising. The problem is with the actual message you as the consumer get from such a situation.

infinity.jpg

so it's not as if stiga is just sort of general sponsor putting their logo on the t-shirt. They are writing that FZD is using Stiga and FZD is putting the handles. So basically they are telling tales. And for me as a consumer who is informed does not sound that Stiga is good enough for FZD, and that's the opposite message of what they wanted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and JST
Cherry picming on stiga or xiom itself is not fair since butterfly and other major companies also sell them. Hell, why do not we also complain everything aboht celebrities and other sportsmen who represent other brands and products who do no use them also.

This user has no status.
Cherry picming on stiga or xiom itself is not fair since butterfly and other major companies also sell them. Hell, why do not we also complain everything aboht celebrities and other sportsmen who represent other brands and products who do no use them also.

In golf there are no equipment secrets. Aside from custom fitting, you can go out and buy Rory McIlroys Why exact equipment he actually uses. Why the secrecy in TT?

Reactions: phorkyas and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
All tt market is poor. Stiga used to sell a lot of clipper, infinity in China Because they have national sponsorhip even all chinese use dhs.
I think fzd use custom alc Because its thicker... you can find video when ovtcharov gets long5 from ma long so they can propably knows that equipment deal is all about company and they Must feed their family

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It is not about faking rubbers or blades. If you have been long enough in this forum, there are plenty of threads here that players do not use the equipment they are advertised. If you even just cou t the chibese national team players that do this we will not be even having this discussion.

It always depends on the contract. Some contracts force you to use your sponsor's equipment, others do not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Answers to your questions,

Cornilleau didn't give up on table tennis. They are very much in table tennis!
It is just that they want to concentrate more on Leisure than Professional.
XIOM as one of the strongest professional table tennis brand, Hugo signed a professional contract with XIOM. :)

As for the equipment, he is already using our rubber.
As for the blade we are still working on it.

We are very pleased to have him joined our TEAM XIOM.

Is Jung Youngsik with Xiom too? Since when?

This user has no status.
Just to help people to understand the blades and stuff.

Equipment takes time,
Even for amateurs, they can clearly feel the difference between pure wood and also composite blade.
If any of the players try ice cream from ANY of the blade in the market, I am sure that they will love the blade. and I am sure that majority of the players including world class players will admit that it is a super nice blade. However when you play with the blade for maybe 1 week and play in a competition, you might not get the result that you expect. Because you need time to get used to the blade.
This applies the same for any of the professional players. Hugo is already playing with pure wood, and Ice cream is more offensive than the blade that he is already using.
It will take time for him to get adjusted to it. He can use it, but he will need time to get used to them.
Meanwhile XIOM has already have been working on a blade for him for XIOM development lab. :)
Let's give it a time, he has been only contracted to us for 5 days. :) lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Equipment takes time,
Even for amateurs, they can clearly feel the difference between pure wood and also composite blade.
If any of the players try ice cream from ANY of the blade in the market, I am sure that they will love the blade. and I am sure that majority of the players including world class players will admit that it is a super nice blade. However when you play with the blade for maybe 1 week and play in a competition, you might not get the result that you expect. Because you need time to get used to the blade.
This applies the same for any of the professional players. Hugo is already playing with pure wood, and Ice cream is more offensive than the blade that he is already using.
It will take time for him to get adjusted to it. He can use it, but he will need time to get used to them.
Meanwhile XIOM has already have been working on a blade for him for XIOM development lab. :)

I personally have no doubts on Xiom's ability to R&D and manufacture.
I also personally vouch for the equipment expertise and knowledge of hills4ever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

Equipment takes time,

just wondering (for no particular reason) what do you do at Xiom? Are you in marketing, sales, R&D...? If that's not a secret? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
In tennis however you have this as well. Every year a new Wilson Pro Staff is released as RF's new racket, but he's been using the same racket for a long time. Wilson applies the new paint job to his old rackets.

In golf there are no equipment secrets. Aside from custom fitting, you can go out and buy Rory McIlroys Why exact equipment he actually uses. Why the secrecy in TT?