Hugo Calderano on Team Xiom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Even Lucjan Błaszczyk has 54 degree OF his tibhar Evolution mxS or Dyjas use Spirit blade but he is on Donic team. There is No speculation, just facts

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Even Lucjan Błaszczyk has 54 degree OF his tibhar Evolution mxS or Dyjas use Spirit blade but he is on Donic team. There is No speculation, just facts
OMG. No one is saying anything about Blaszczyk's rubbers or Dyjas's blade. But Mizutani clearly uses Butterfly blade in all matches (see pictures from all T league or World Tour matches in last 6 months), the instagram video with edge bouncing is some random event probably even not using that blade for a play there. YJS uses HL5 but his signature blade was released only few days ago so no one is objecting that. And claiming Falck playing HL5 has weak evidence. Don't mix the things. If you have seen the blade in your hands or very trustworthy insider told you then explain the sources and claim it as fact. If you have one picture from the internet admit it's a speculation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Are these guys sponsored by Xiom too?, if not, please use another thread/topic
thanks

Facts
Hugo's old sponsor has made announcement that they will be using him and Simon as Leisure range brand ambassador and cannot continue to use them in Professional range.

Hugo is now sponsored by Xiom and i'm sure the package is great for both parties.
i'm sure Hugo can benefit from Xiom's sponsorship and endorsement and can help him in different ways to do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
bd70c45b44064821f63144a83e6e0693.jpg

DUALITY of colors? = orange + violet = IceCream AZX (?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XIOM stands for Axiom and I think that the korean pronunciation is closer to the english Axiom - ˈaksēəm.
The meaning of the name is that the brand is aiming to be an axiom in TT.

This is from an interview with Mr. Isaac Lee /hills4ever, I believe/:

"2. CONCEPT

The name XIOM came from the word AXIOM. (It is pronounced as ‘axiom’.)
As some of you might know, axiom means new paradigm or what you call a self-evident truth that requires no proof "

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
grrr changing from target pro gt will be pain in the ass ... after i saw his training with the xiom rubbers i think he will come back ... it absolutely not suits him to his stile ... and looks ridiculous ,where imho he will miss the direct nature of cornilleau target rubbers .

Reactions: Konrad Bak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
grrr changing from target pro gt will be pain in the ass ... after i saw his training with the xiom rubbers i think he will come back ... it absolutely not suits him to his stile ... and looks ridiculous ,where imho he will miss the direct nature of cornilleau target rubbers .
I think this is the biggest reason why people use tenergy, in my opinion table tennis is too fast and there is too much information when you play and you dont have time to put Ball on the other side and this is propably the biggest reason why AzX wont be succesful in pro hands. You will have too much cons than you thought. maybe AZXi will be special one Because Limba is more elastic

I Love propably all xiom rubbers on my backhand but xiom omega vii pro is perfect and even better than commercial tenergy on my forhand and I had maybe 50-60 rubbers in my hand and its wavy when you Put It on inner force blade
he will be happy even target rubbers sometimes play even more spin than you wants

I think this is the biggest reason why people use tenergy, in my opinion table tennis is too fast and there is too much information when you play and you dont have time to put Ball on the other side and this is propably the biggest reason why AzX wont be succesful in pro hands. You will have too much cons than you thought. maybe AZXi will be special one Because Limba is more elastic

I Love propably all xiom rubbers on my backhand but xiom omega vii pro is perfect and even better than commercial tenergy on my forhand and I had maybe 50-60 rubbers in my hand and its wavy when you Put It on inner force blade
he will be happy even target rubbers sometimes play even more spin than you wants

What you mean by "wavy on IF blade" ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Cornilleau didn't give up on table tennis. They are very much in table tennis!
It is just that they want to concentrate more on Leisure than Professional.
XIOM as one of the strongest professional table tennis brand, Hugo signed a professional contract with XIOM. :)

Sincere congratulations, but I just want to add (by the way, I often speak about Cornilleau products, not because of national preference but because I am indeed often exposed to them due to living in this country): they are not out of competitive TT yet.

Sans titre.jpg

Sorry for the small font. Names are Can Akkuzu, Bruna Takahashi (WR#73), Stéphanie Loeillette (WR#93), Jules Cavaille, Romain Lorentz (WR#105), Paul Gauzy, Thomas Le Breton, Damien Llorca, Charlotte and Camille Lutz - no threats collectively to the CNT, but neither "leisure" players.

I do agree that the whole thing reads slightly like Cornilleau are giving up, but it is what it is: money doesn't grow on trees. Xiom and Andro are becoming powerhouses in their own ways, but marketing plays a big role (I assume there have been substancial investments at some point for both of them) and national markets are a thing. It is clear from the list of players that Cornilleau are aiming at such a sustainable national base first (and a pinch at Brazil with Bruna Takahashi, too, and of course Hugo until now) but taking over Europe is a different thing - not sure we should even mention Asia.

Still a fair compromise for all parties I guess, both players had been supported for so long it feels like the decent thing to do (not yet for free, I know) that their image will still be used for Cornilleau leisure equipment.

And best of luck to both!! I don't mean to sound like a Cornilleau fanboy and I have long been over national preferences (not to mention my beloved Xiom Offensive S), it is more a case of supporting the smaller manufacturers and overall diversity.

This user has no status.

They are that different? There is such a range of Xiom rubbers with different properties and they are made in same factory as Cornilleau.

Maybe they get him using the Ice Cream blade handle. But he's going to want a 5 ply with hardwood outer. It's hard to hide that from EJs too unless you use edge tape.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
They are that different? There is such a range of Xiom rubbers with different properties and they are made in same factory as Cornilleau.

Maybe they get him using the Ice Cream blade handle. But he's going to want a 5 ply with hardwood outer. It's hard to hide that from EJs too unless you use edge tape.
there are many players who don`t do well changes of blade , the same is for Hugo(imho) .. it is not simple to just made a blade with the same wood , the process and glue is also important ...And i do not say that xiom blades are bad blades, but some people are picky ... and Hugo did not play with his official Foco blade.
And dyes they are made in the same factory ,but there is something different on each of them ... the sponge can be made from esn but the topsheet is tuned by Michelin and is really different then Xiomm topsheets.

Last edited: