Hugo Calderano on Team Xiom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,

Speaking of translations, I just did a Google translate on one of the Japanese links in this thread and Tenergy was translated as Tennessee, which is a state in the United States.

Thanks,

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Speaking of translations, I just did a Google translate on one of the Japanese links in this thread and Tenergy was translated as Tennessee, which is a state in the United States.

It's commonly translated as "Tenazi" in tabletennis-reference.com reviews. There's good stuff there, if you can read through sometimes slightly derailed automatic translations.

This user has no status.
Is that just the way Japanese people pronounce Tenergy? Does it have no meaning to them in Japanese?

I always assumed it was table tennis energy, tenergy.

A pretty cool name compared to Dignics which sounds like a nickname for a tick or something. "Damn dignics again, I'm getting eaten alive here!"

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The word Tenergy, when transcribed in Japanese, katakana in this case, is テナジー, te-na-ji/zi-long sound symbol.

Except for the schwa sound, it sounds close enough to English.

Tenergy is a portmanteau of Tension and energy. I believe most people are aware of this already. Dignics is likely another example.

https://www.butterfly.co.jp/story/front_runner/vol1_03.html
『テナジー』というネーミングは、「テンション」と「エナジー」を組み合わせたものだ。

Last edited:
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Yup! That must be Vega Pro, then. :)

Nice idea...On his first match with a new contract, he plays a 5 year old rubber, while advertising for the latest stuff Omega 7 (has a black sponge as well). He played Omega 7 Tour to be precise. Has been confirmed by Xiom Europe on Instagram.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
IMG_2329.jpgIMG_2328.jpg

Xiom posted this on their Instagram. They also posted this video:

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,

Thank you for the reminder note on the portmanteau concerning Tenergy. So now, do we run a contest guessing the portmanteau of Dignics? [Though no good at this at all, I've been trying and failing to guess anything that would be a reasonable speculation.]

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
no offence, people sleep but Xiom Omega VII PRO for me looks like the hottest rubber at the moment. Innerforce type of blade gives them special kick and its play very very special... The Trajectory is high but everything goes on table its something like Tenergy with better feeling and better dynamic.
Its playing like slower version of Tenergy on booster without boosting.
Ice Cream blades looks overhyped
2 different material won't work in pro hands so people will open eyes.
2 different opinion or just facts...

very easy to brush ball and add spin
I used Quadri Aruna OFF blade so maybe the feeling of throw is wrong

Ok, yes - Omega 7 Pro is very spinny, but not more than Tenergy. Generating spin more easy - yes.
About the blades - I've tested it on Rossi Emotion, which is slightly flexyer than Aruna, and yes - with it slower and midstrength loops have higher trajectory than with a stiffer blade, but still not high but middle, and once you engage the carbon inner it flatterns very fast. In fact I like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This thread is not about Tenergy and/or Dignics.
There are enough threads about that.

Hahaha. That this is coming from you is really crackin' me up.
[Emoji23]
Just gotta luv this. This must be some special type of humour.

Now you probably can relate how others feel when they ask about tacky hybrid rubbers and someone starts recommending Vega rubbers and XSF balls.

Man, this really was funny!
Especially after you then participated in the hijack by writing the following lines.

Ok, yes - Omega 7 Pro is very spinny, but not more than Tenergy. Generating spin more easy - yes.
About the blades - I've tested it on Rossi Emotion, which is slightly flexyer than Aruna, and yes - with it slower and midstrength loops have higher trajectory than with a stiffer blade, but still not high but middle, and once you engage the carbon inner it flatterns very fast. In fact I like it.

Goodness gracious

Last edited:
Jan 2018
To push this thread along.

What does Xiom have to offer that's comparable to D05, now that we know O7P is still behind T05?

Hahaha. That this is coming from you is really crackin' me up.
[Emoji23]
Now you probably can relate how others feel when they ask about tacky hybrid rubbers and someone starts recommending Vega rubbers and XSF balls.

I can't remember to be recommending Vega rubbers in a thread for tacky hybrids, except Vega China maybe, but usually I prefer to recommend Tau instead. But I remember that I recommended Omega 5 Asia to a player asking for eventual transfer tacky to tensor, and I would do it again.
What about the seamless balls? I comment balls in the balls' threads, don't I? And yes - for me they are the best, as well as for many others and its well visible in that threads.