Hugo Calderano on Team Xiom

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
There you have it. This thread has outlived its usefulness. The reason it's still on the front page is thanks to the D05 hype. Just saying.

Man, this really was funny!
Especially after you then participated in the hijack by writing the following lines.

Goodness gracious

Why hijacking? My post is comparison answer to a statement and its all about Xiom.
My initial remark to stay on the thread background was provoked by post #109.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I can't remember to be recommending Vega rubbers in a thread for tacky hybrids, except Vega China maybe, but usually I prefer to recommend Tau instead. But I remember that I recommended Omega 5 Asia to a player asking for eventual transfer tacky to tensor, and I would do it again.
What about the seamless balls? I comment balls in the balls' threads, don't I? And yes - for me they are the best, as well as for many others and its well visible in that threads.

Oh well, no need for explanations, for those that are capable of reading.
;)
But looking into a mirror from time to time can be pretty helpful.

And yeah, if you ask me, you can put your Adham-Sharara-memorial-balls where the sun never shines. They're just as wacky as the G40+ but that's just my personal opinion.
Heck, there was a time when i even liked the G40+ more, but that's a different story.

Anyhow, got carried away a bit, so back to topic.

Congrats to Hugo for the new contract. Hope it's gonna be everything he expected from it.
And also hope seeing him around for promotional reasons since his new sponsor is located in my area.

And yeah, if you ask me, you can put your Adham-Sharara-memorial-balls where the sun never shines.

I always keep my balls away from direct sunshine, but not exactly the way you ask me, thank you.
About the mirror - it would be better for you to share your rudeness with it.

Reactions: bobpuls and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Funnily though found some descriptions on golf equipment that compares pretty well to EJaism in TT:

"No athletes rely on their equipment quite like golfers. Picking which sneakers to wear or what bat to swing are relatively simple choices compared with selecting 14 clubs. Variables like grip material, shaft strength, and club length further complicate the process, and that’s without even considering which ball to use."

Later in http://grantland.com/features/a-mysterious-physicist-golf-club-dr-v/ there's also this:

"Anyone who plays sports understands this phenomenon. We want to use the same clubs, shoes, balls, bats, and everything else as the pros because they’re the best, and we want to give ourselves every chance to play as well as them. It’s as much about confidence as it is quality equipment.

This isn’t just common sense — social scientists have actually studied how using “professional” gear affects amateurs’ performance. In 2011, researchers at the University of Virginia laid out a putting mat, a ball, and a putter, and invited 41 undergraduates to take part in an experiment. The students were asked to do two things: Take 10 test putts and then try to draw the hole to scale. Half were told nothing about the putter’s origins. The rest were told it once belonged to a PGA Tour player. You already know what happened next. The students who thought they were using a pro’s club sank more putts and drew the hole larger than the control group. The social scientists running the experiment must have known that what they were witnessing was pure superstition. How else to describe the process by which years of practice and skill can be transmitted from an expert to an amateur through the simple transfer of an object? But because they’re academics, they use a different term — positive contagion. It’s like the placebo effect for sports."

In golf there are no equipment secrets. Aside from custom fitting, you can go out and buy Rory McIlroys Why exact equipment he actually uses. Why the secrecy in TT?

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I always keep my balls away from direct sunshine, but not exactly the way you ask me, thank you.
About the mirror - it would be better for you to share your rudeness with it.

Dude..... I must admit, this one was pretty good.
[Emoji106]
Some call it rudeness others call it mirror, while other others probably would find it insulting to be silenced by someone who's pretty good at derailing himself.
[Emoji2]

Just pulling your leg, man. If you think it's not contradictive to call out others for derailing while participating at the same time, then ok.
You obviously see it differently.

But if you don't mind i'll get back to the topic now, because I really wonder if Calderano will play with the AZXi or if he will stick to all wood.
My feeling tells me during the season he might stay with aĺlwood, but time will tell.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Answers to your questions,

Cornilleau didn't give up on table tennis. They are very much in table tennis!
It is just that they want to concentrate more on Leisure than Professional.
XIOM as one of the strongest professional table tennis brand, Hugo signed a professional contract with XIOM. :)

As for the equipment, he is already using our rubber.
As for the blade we are still working on it.

We are very pleased to have him joined our TEAM XIOM.

is hugo using xiom equipment or his former cornelleu equipment?

This user has no status.
In the picture from today's match at Hungarian Open, you can clearly see that Hugo uses XIOM Omega VII rubber.

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 20.58.34.jpg

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
JYS is using Viscaria
I told on andro equipment thread what JYS will do In next 5months,