ITTV live stream and replay country restriction

Hi guys,

I am currently visiting the United States for vacation and I wanted to watch the [h=1]JANG Woojin / LIM Jonghoon - WONG Chun Ting / HO Kwan Kit match. But it says this is not available in your country due to TV rights. What countries can stream ITTV and why is this happening to me?[/h]

Thanks,

Aarón

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi guys,

I am currently visiting the United States for vacation and I wanted to watch the JANG Woojin / LIM Jonghoon - WONG Chun Ting / HO Kwan Kit match. But it says this is not available in your country due to TV rights. What countries can stream ITTV and why is this happening to me?

Thanks,

Aarón

Don't know if "why is it happening to me?" a rhetorical question or not... if not it should be that ITTF sold rights to exclusively broadcast table tennis to some TV channel. To solve the problem you must use a VPN service which passes your data through a server of your chosen location (for example Germany) and ITTV website sees that the viewer who is trying to connect is from Germany, not from US and problem solved.

Good VPN services are paid, but they have a trial period...

Last edited:
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
They usually have a page which lists who is hosting the event stream, sometimes it's Bleacher Report. Honestly I find it really hard to find that info as well, they really need to improve it if they are going to keep selling off the rights like this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I live in the U.S. - NYC - and have come across the same issue.

I hope the IITF tech department isn't watching this thread with the intention of screwing even more viewers by disabling VPN or proxy access, but this is what I do to get around their restrictions:

I use an internet proxy - I like this list:

https://free-proxy-list.net/

Not everything works with the live broadcasts, but eventually I find an Asian or European IP that isn't blocked. For the non-IT folks using PCs, take the following steps:

Start - Control Panel - Internet - Internet Options - Connections - Local Area Network (LAN) Settings - Proxy Server - Check the option and input the information in the boxes. Click on "OK," then "OK." If you are already logged into https://tv.ittf.com/ - just refresh (F5) the page you are trying to view. I've had 100% success with this method, but at times have had to try 5 or 6 different proxies before I was able to view a stream. This step only works for Internet Explorer and Chrome.

One important bit of caution - Only use the proxy for the broadcast - don't do any online banking or related activities. Hard to verify the safety of the sites running the proxies. When you are finished viewing, take the proxy out.

I love the sport, but ITTF is really doing a disservice to the fans and viewers by limiting the accessibility of the matches. Quite absurd in my area, as during the "blackouts," the matches aren't available on any local provider, so whatever broadcast contract ITTF has, the restrictions don't make any sense.

Hope I was able to help a few folks.

Last edited: