Expiry date of rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hey Guys,

I've bought many many rubbers recently including Tenergy 05 FX for future stock but I'm now worried if they expire before i use them. Is there any expiry date of a rubber from a date of purchase? Do rubbers get spoiled if not used for a long time? how to protect un-used packed rubbers?

Thank you guys!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Like if I keep those rubbers for an year, so will it remain the same or the performance gets low? I want to use Tenergy 05 FX next year after correcting my technique so will it remain the same?

Thank you for replying :)

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Well I've seen Tenergy and Evolution rubbers which are 6-12 months "on stock" and they were notably poorer then "fresh" items. Unless you take care about the packaging and prevent oxidation (most of the rubbers have perforated packaging and if they have protective film then only on the top sheet) you can notice degradation much sooner then after 12 months...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes you're right, I once purchased hurricane 3 neo and the seller sent me the old rubbers and they were already oxidized. I'll try to seal them in the seal bags if i find them. Is that okay to put the rubbers in an air tight bags?

Thank you!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
All you can do is prolong the life a bit. There is no way to vacuum seal them because even the ziplock bags will retain a certain amount of air when you seal them. But in answer to your question, yes, ziplock bags is the best you can do. It is best to not buy too many rubbers at once though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Yes you're right, I once purchased hurricane 3 neo and the seller sent me the old rubbers and they were already oxidized. I'll try to seal them in the seal bags if i find them. Is that okay to put the rubbers in an air tight bags?

Thank you!!

that's very interesting. So you are saying your's H3 Neo wasn't factory vacuum sealed?

To answer the original question, the first thing to do is not to keep them toasting in the sun :)

This user has no status.
From my experience rubbers don't get noticeably worse as long as they are in their original package even if they are stored somewhere for a year. Ragarding storage, they should not get wet of course and temperature should be consistent. Put them in your bedroom's cupboard and you should not have to worry too much about them. Attic, basement, garage etc is NOT a good idea, though.

I used to buy bigger amounts of Tenergys when I got discount and sometimes only used them 15 months later. Did not notice a difference to completely "new" ones but what do I know, I am not Timo Boll :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
that's very interesting. So you are saying your's H3 Neo wasn't factory vacuum sealed?

To answer the original question, the first thing to do is not to keep them toasting in the sun :)

Yep. I ordered a racket that was already glued with Skyline TG2 and Hurricane 3 neo from aliexpress. From the day 1 the rubbers looked oxidized and there was no shine on the rubbers. Dull looking rubbers.

Yep i keep them in a shopping bag and then in the cupboard, now i'm finding an air tight seal bags for the protection.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
From my experience rubbers don't get noticeably worse as long as they are in their original package even if they are stored somewhere for a year. Ragarding storage, they should not get wet of course and temperature should be consistent. Put them in your bedroom's cupboard and you should not have to worry too much about them. Attic, basement, garage etc is NOT a good idea, though.

I used to buy bigger amounts of Tenergys when I got discount and sometimes only used them 15 months later. Did not notice a difference to completely "new" ones but what do I know, I am not Timo Boll :)

That's good to know. I hope my tenergy remains the same. One more question, can i keep a packet of silica gel to absorb moist with tenergy in an air-tight bag? will it effect the sponge? I keep two packs of silica gel in my current racket bag. My current setup is hurricane 3-50 on forehand and joola rhyzym on backhand with DHS power G7. It's the most controlled racket i've ever played with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
All you can do is prolong the life a bit. There is no way to vacuum seal them because even the ziplock bags will retain a certain amount of air when you seal them. But in answer to your question, yes, ziplock bags is the best you can do. It is best to not buy too many rubbers at once though.

Yes indeed, i was going crazy and wanted to collect all the rubbers in the world so i have enough for the future. but that was a mistake i made and now trying to sell those extra rubbers.

But for the tenergy i'll keep a silica gel pack in an air-tight bag. I hope it works and the rubber stays the same