Can this blade be repaired?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Depending on how much one loves his/her blade a repair would make sense.

Thumps up!

this video was "on the tip of my tongue" but didn't quite remember by whom it was

I know blade makers and restaurators that repair these damages on a regular without people even noticing that it's been repaired.

I once had an inner crack in one of my Hinoki blades at a very delicate area, at the neck between handle and head, and even this ugly damage was repaired smoothly.

In your case the guy i know would try to find out what kind of wood was used in your blade. (the old STIGA Offensive woods had a walnut top ply, the newer ones don't, for instance) then either try to find a veneer of the same wood same thickness or at best find an unrepairable blade to use bits of its top ply and then repair like shown in the following short vid.

your guy is a ninja! :)

Reactions: alas26 and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thumps up!

this video was "on the tip of my tongue" but didn't quite remember by whom it was

Thanks man.

A guy i know who has repaired a few blades for others pointed me in this direction a while ago, when i needed a repair for a blade that isn't produced anymore.

But this special crack he couldn't repair himself but he told me of a guy called Tibor from Stuttgart that is specialized in repairing blades so I sent him my blade and had a good chat with him. He charged a very very small amount. If i would have searched the forums for a replacement i could have spent five to ten times as much PLUS it's even better than before and he sealed it with shellac.

But that's why i wrote "depending on how much one loves his/her blade"
Some good players i know don't ejay a lot, and if so, then they know when and how to, but actually they rather stick to the equipment they know and can rely on. So no surprise some use their blades 10, 20 years and more.

But Blades that still are produced are easier to replace than the discontinued ones. In any case i can strongly recommend him and his work. I think other guys on this forum know him as well. I know at least one who does. He's a real artist.

Whenever necessary i can give the contact details.

But there are more dedicated restaurators.

Actually there was an interview on mytischtennis.de with a guy i think from Belgium who has been repairing and preparing blades for many pros and who also is well known for this.

your guy is a ninja! :)

absolutely. He's like Grandmaster Yoda.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
You can make it with other blade who is not for use and get topshit of blade you need to cut same peace and use glue drvofix carbon and that is it need to get sone wood clamps to be everything done ok. I got fixed a few woods and i still play with mu BTY Sardius who is twice broken and i fix it. IMG_20181219_092603.jpg

Reactions: Suga D