A rubber slightly faster than sriver and spinnier

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
A rubber slightly slower than sriver but spinnier

Please recommend me some rubbers that are slightly slower than sriver. I went to buy rozena but it was way to fast for me. And now I have a bad habit of kinda poking the ball.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Cheap Chinese rubber may be your best bet. Something like original hurricane 3, globe 999, Reactor Corbor, or Yinhe/Galaxy Mercury 2 would work. Yinhe is the softest and all of them are $14 USD or less on eacheng.net. Good job of realizing you had equipment that is too fast, that's a big step toward helping your development, good luck!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Please recommend me some rubbers that are slightly slower than sriver. I went to buy rozena but it was way to fast for me. And now I have a bad habit of kinda poking the ball.

Mmm. When I started playing Sriver was considered a fast rubber, and the Mark V I played with crazy fast; but these days it's quite slow in comparision to most. Rozena's fast, but not insanely fast; I find it to be quite controllably so, with no impediment to making full strokes, but your mileage obviously varies. Sriver is quite a few steps down, are you really sure you want something slower than Sriver?

That would probably take you into the realm of Chinese tacky rubbers, or a hybrid rubber. DHS Hurricane 3 (Neo, I'd guess) and Hurricane 8 are slower than Sriver (though not by all that much) and way spinnier.

Stiga Genesis and Genesis II are not all that fast and very spinny, and are somewhat Chinese-ish in play.

In Euro-style rubbers, something slower yet spinnier than Sriver is uncommon. I don't think Sriver EL and Sriver FX are not much slower (if at all) and not spinnier (if at all) than Sriver (L, I'm assuming; Sriver S doesn't exist anymore, AFAIK). I've become somewhat of a GEWO rubber fanboy, being positively surprised by much of what I've come across, including a few (relatively) slow but spinny ones: Nanoflex FT 40, and Neoflexx eFT in several sponge hardnesses. And there's Xiom Vega Intro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

It's already a while back, but i remember one guy at our club also had problems with adapting to sriver's speed so our coach gave him tackiness-d.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yasak Rakza 7 soft.
It's a good direct step up while not losing any of the spin (spinnier probably)

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
A lot spinnier. And also very fast, and quite a bit more lively than Rozena.

Rozena is way faster than rakza 7 soft.
Also I wouldn't say rakza7 is much spinnier than sriver. I think it's about the same. Most importantly it feels the same because they have the same type of 'bite' on the ball.
It will feel familiar to someone who's used to sriver/mark5

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Rozena is way faster than rakza 7 soft.
Also I wouldn't say rakza7 is much spinnier than sriver. I think it's about the same. Most importantly it feels the same because they have the same type of 'bite' on the ball.
It will feel familiar to someone who's used to sriver/mark5

Hmmm. I guess different people experience the same things differently.

I get insane spin levels when playing with R7s; T05 level of spin, and plenty more than Rozena. But I find R7s much more volatile, springier, livelier, harder to control than Rozena. And I don't think it's anywhere near Sriver. Way back when you'd speedglue on a fresh slab of Sriver and started bending the ball around, but it's not like that anymore.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hmmm. I guess different people experience the same things differently.

I get insane spin levels when playing with R7s; T05 level of spin, and plenty more than Rozena. But I find R7s much more volatile, springier, livelier, harder to control than Rozena. And I don't think it's anywhere near Sriver. Way back when you'd speedglue on a fresh slab of Sriver and started bending the ball around, but it's not like that anymore.

Are you talking about rakza7 or rakza7 soft? I'm talking about the soft version. It's not anywhere near as fast as R7.

This user has no status.
Hard to find rubbers slower than Sriver these days at all, but most rubbers are spinnier.

Perhaps a thin Vega Intro would be a good bet, it's faster than Sriver though.

If you want truly slower and spinnier then I second the comments that Chinese rubbers may be your best bet. However maybe try to get Palio or Reactor Corbie non tacky ones as they are closer to Sriver in how they play.