Hungarian Open 2012 - ITTF World Tour

Who will win Hungarian open 2012 ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
A final between Ma Long and Michael Maze would be really awesome! Is Maze playing this one? anyone knows? :)

I really want to see Maze perform internationally as well, but he is not on the entries list of the Hungarian Open. Here is his calendar towards the Olympics on his site http://www.michaelmaze.dk/calendar/

Sadly, he can remove the Champions League matches. So it looks like he is not participating in too many events.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
tbh I'd love to see another Ma Long and ZJK final. I'm very interested to see how far Ma Lin can get and also if Xu Xin can cause some disturbance!

Me to, another final of ZJ and ML would be amazing as always! However, I would love to see Xu Xin progress to the final. I would like to see him break the gap between him and the gruelling pair of Ma Long and Zhang Jike :p

I really want to see Maze perform internationally as well, but he is not on the entries list of the Hungarian Open. Here is his calendar towards the Olympics on his site http://www.michaelmaze.dk/calendar/

Sadly, he can remove the Champions League matches. So it looks like he is not participating in too many events.

I think what has happened here is Mazeh has done to much and his injury may have come back again (even if its minimal pain). He put in a lot of effort at the Super Cup which he went on to win. I think he is trying to play as little competition as possible to bring him in the best fitness for the London 2012 Olympics. This event is huge for the sport, and for the World and Maze would love to give his absolute all there!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
@Dan

Yep I think he is purposely picking only a few tournaments in order not to do too much. He said his knee handled the Supercup very well. But it could get worse if he played a lot in a short period I think. Can't wait to see him going all out on the Olympics :D But the Europe Top-12 and China Open will be pretty exciting as well :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Don't know if this was mentioned, but if anyone saw the Darius Knight vs Erik Illas match, it just shows how incompetent some umpires can be. The argument about jerseys was a waste of time. You're not going to confuse an African Britain for a Caucasian Slovakian and if they were going to have trouble with labels why not use the Yellow as Erik's jersey color with Darius as Black. I get that some refs have standards, but don't waste time in a major Tournament just so you can figure out the best jersey colors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Don't know if this was mentioned, but if anyone saw the Darius Knight vs Erik Illas match, it just shows how incompetent some umpires can be. The argument about jerseys was a waste of time. You're not going to confuse an African Britain for a Caucasian Slovakian and if they were going to have trouble with labels why not use the Yellow as Erik's jersey color with Darius as Black. I get that some refs have standards, but don't waste time in a major Tournament just so you can figure out the best jersey colors.

Well rules are rules, and the rules state that their shirt were too similar. I don't see a big problem for Darius because he had to change shirt. Every player knows that can happen, so you just have to make sure you have extra shirts with you. If the judges would have to think if the looks of the players are different enough to skip the shirt rule, that is unnecessary too. In this case of course it was pretty obvious, but I don't think Knight plays worse in a red shirt than in a black shirt. The colors don't have to be the best colors, just not the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Wow Simon Gauzy is playing amazing! This boy has a great future ahead of him! The French have really improved tremendously over the last few years!

Totally agree Dan!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
KMS was so over confident there. I can't believe he stopped stepping around. Simon's BH is way better than Kim's and he wanted to battle it out BH to BH. That was KMS mistake in my opinion. Gauzy played way smarter.

@ wiwa - the only reason for the shirt rule is to keep players separate in recording. Darius had an all black shirt while Erik had a black and yellow shirt. They could have just as easily recorded Erik in a Yellow jersey as opposed to a black one. It was a technicality that wastes time. There are so many rules that prevent the loss of time in a tournament, but in this case it was totally unnecessary. It's why the players were confused at first. No one is going to confuse a black man in a black jersey with a white man in a yellow jersey.

Last edited: