h3 tack problem

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Try H3 Orange Sponge Provincial or National, they are usually less tacky. You also have 729-08 Pro in 45 degrees, it's similar to a 37º degree sponge in DHS scale and the Pro version isn't as tacky as the Commercial version, I used both and I can confirm this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
nope just changed from tin arc 5 prov to h3 turbo and im wondering how to make it less tacky so its easy to block.
b2 is better imo

I'm not totally sure you want to use any of the H3 family (or any Chinese tacky rubber) for a playstyle centered around blocking. If you like B2 and it suits your game I would stick with it. If you want to mainly block I would switch to something Euro/Jap (or an inexpensive Chinese copy). Otherwise, if Chinese rubber is best for your game you'd be better playing offensively with that rubber and learning to read spin and block (only in emergencies) while keeping the tackiness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have almost never played with a tacky rubber But i thought the tackiness made it less sensitive to spin? Since the ball Will grip more in the rubber because it is tacky and Maybe also because it is pretty hard and slow on the passive shots.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The tack makes the rubber grip the ball very much = more spin and spin sensitive.

I have almost never played with a tacky rubber But i thought the tackiness made it less sensitive to spin? Since the ball Will grip more in the rubber because it is tacky and Maybe also because it is pretty hard and slow on the passive shots.

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The tack makes the rubber grip the ball very much = more spin and spin sensitive.

Maybe you are correct, you should know more about tacky rubbers since you play with it. I agree that you can create more spin since the ball grip more. My thinking about spin sensitive and the tackiness were that the ball stays longer on the rubber because of the tackiness and because of the longer contact with the ball it will be easier to control the the ball and the spin. The hard china rubber is also not so bouncy. Compared to a regular rubber which is more bouncy, with less grip so the ball leaves the rubber faster, you get a shorter contact with the ball, less time and harder time to control the spin of the ball. But maybe im focusing to much on the time of the contact with the rubber. In my opinion when you do strokes is that, longer contact with the ball equals more control. But then again i do not play with tacky rubbers and do not know much about it so maybe im totally wrong. The way you reason sounds more correct if we think about short pimples and anti that have less grip and can not create as much spin compared to regular inverted rubbers. These rubbers are also not very sensitive to spin.

This user has no status.

You are not wrong about this. For soft touch shots, Chinese tacky rubbers are incredibly sensitive to spin. When you loop, tacky rubbers aren't as sensitive to spin. I think this is because most tacky rubbers are not as dynamic as grippy rubbers.