h3 tack problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The hard sponge + tack makes it easier to control on soft touches, that's correct, easier to keep the ball short. On the National rubbers there is less tack compared to Provincial or Commercial, and this is one of the factors, except the harder blue sponge, that makes it much faster when you put some effort into the shot.

Maybe you are correct, you should know more about tacky rubbers since you play with it. I agree that you can create more spin since the ball grip more. My thinking about spin sensitive and the tackiness were that the ball stays longer on the rubber because of the tackiness and because of the longer contact with the ball it will be easier to control the the ball and the spin. The hard china rubber is also not so bouncy. Compared to a regular rubber which is more bouncy, with less grip so the ball leaves the rubber faster, you get a shorter contact with the ball, less time and harder time to control the spin of the ball. But maybe im focusing to much on the time of the contact with the rubber. In my opinion when you do strokes is that, longer contact with the ball equals more control. But then again i do not play with tacky rubbers and do not know much about it so maybe im totally wrong. The way you reason sounds more correct if we think about short pimples and anti that have less grip and can not create as much spin compared to regular inverted rubbers. These rubbers are also not very sensitive to spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018