New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Good point. And with Butterfly you don't have to worry about whether or not your National or Provincial H3N is fake (I use provincial H3N BTW and it seems to do the job for me although I have no idea whether or not its the genuine/real article :confused:)

Yeah, that's the thing. People seem happy to pay whatever amount for H3N in black market but complain about the price of Tenergy. H3N is darn fine rubber too but at least Butterfly make it avaialble to public (eventualy).

This user has no status.
I have yet to try the tenergy 05 hard which i’m excited about since i left T05 for fastarc g1 due to the sponge hardness

I guess i’ll wait for the D80 for my BH rubber since I felt that T05 lacks a bit of punch power but 80 feels soft at times
You are right to be excited; it is godly...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Good point. And with Butterfly you don't have to worry about whether or not your National or Provincial H3N is fake (I use provincial H3N BTW and it seems to do the job for me although I have no idea whether or not its the genuine/real article :confused:)

Yeah, that's the thing. People seem happy to pay whatever amount for H3N in black market but complain about the price of Tenergy. H3N is darn fine rubber too but at least Butterfly make it avaialble to public (eventualy).
Just wanted to point out that Provincial and National H3 have been officially available to the public in China since 2006 and 2009, respectively. In recent years, anyone can get them from the official DHS online store on TMall, or if you feel like paying extra for an English interface.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
The used font and the wording of the posts made it look suspicious to me as well.

Glad he's not. Welcome to the forum, Donn

Certainly some good observations. This fosters the memory of two graduate professors recommending to me that I pursue a professional writing career at the time I was thriving with some distinction in the information technology engineering field. Also the idoneous surfacing from (as I recall) Whittier "Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest of these; It might have been."

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Actually, yes.

Then ... maybe I should buy it. Sorry @Donn, of course : ) I just could not make sense of your writings, just as I could not find the meaning in the futuristic BOT poetry ... looks like, for quite the opposite reasons. Still looking what "Also the idoneous surfacing from ..." might mean ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Then ... maybe I should buy it. Sorry @Donn, of course : ) I just could not make sense of your writings, just as I could not find the meaning in the futuristic BOT poetry ... looks like, for quite the opposite reasons. Still looking what "Also the idoneous surfacing from ..." might mean ...

Ah, very good. This is a remembrance of things past; Sartre's comment that he wouldn't take 100 Hemingways for one Stendhal.

Thanks

Reactions: phorkyas and jawien
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
T05's position was never objectively sacrosanct. Anyone who genuinely believes that is just fooling themselves. It's a great rubber, but no piece of equipment is one-size-fits-all, and table tennis has changed substantially since T05 was introduced. Even without that, there is always room for improvement and thinking that T05 (or anything) is some sort of peak which can never be exceeded is just an artificial ceiling people decide to introduce.

That said, Butterfly have engineered an aura around their products which leads to consumers thinking that their stuff is objectively better than everything else out there. They're the masters of it, and once they achieved their market position they protected it like a crocodile with its eggs, which is only sensible when your retail price is so high (even if I personally dislike it). So they have painted themselves into a corner somewhat, as your post demonstrates. If you convince the market that your product is the absolute best, how do you then convince that same market that something new is better without eroding the original base? You market it as a variation aimed at a different type of player (like T05H) perhaps.

BTY are in a delicate position, but I'm sure they know what they're doing. The dominant product position always gets eroded over time, and they've probably decided now is the time to strike to avoid that.

Yup. You got it.

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
@zeio, I might be missing something but I could not find the national version on the official DHS online store link you provided .. just curious .. is it there somewhere ?
Just wanted to point out that Provincial and National H3 have been officially available to the public in China since 2006 and 2009, respectively. In recent years, anyone can get them from the official DHS online store on TMall, or if you feel like paying extra for an English interface.